Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #127
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Received mine two weeks ago. I had hps install them for me. He calls and says that they have a lot of blue in them. I call them to let them know. First thing they said was me mail back. I asked them if they could just refund the paint and I would have painted by my p and body. They sent me an email stating that my paint had faded on my car that is why it was different. I have not responded back yet but thought this was just crazy. They look good but bluish silver for sim just is not right..
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #128
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Received mine two weeks ago. I had hps install them for me. He calls and says that they have a lot of blue in them. I call them to let them know. First thing they said was me mail back. I asked them if they could just refund the paint and I would have painted by my p and body. They sent me an email stating that my paint had faded on my car that is why it was different. I have not responded back yet but thought this was just crazy. They look good but bluish silver for sim just is not right..
Pics?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #129
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
ugh...
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #130
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Good luck to the OP.
I hope they end up making it right. Its the least you should expect from any vendor or company. Ive personally had issues with a few sponsored vendors here in C5. Some have made things right, some have screwed me over. I've kept a few of the bad experiences I've had off of the forums, but I certainly dont blame you for wanting to post yours. The beauty of a site like this, is the way you can come in, read opinions/experiences, look at photos, and make a better decision on mods, services or techniques that you otherwise would have had to make without the benefit of learning from other people's mistakes and success stories.

If they do fix it, please post pics and let us know all is well
Old 10-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #131
AntzV

Drives: blacked out 2010 Camaro
Where's Another Angry Customer (AAC) !! They haven't chimed in with an excuse!
AntzV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #132
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
I often find threads here of people complaining about AAC,whats up with that?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #133
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
I often find threads here of people complaining about AAC,whats up with that?
Because people tend to use the internet as means of communication before picking up the phone and calling them directly which would result in a faster solution.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #134
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntzV View Post
Another Angry Customer (AAC)
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #135
rhunley14

I believe this is a review thread..not trying to dog anyone just telling people what my experience was. I did call them first and I received an email stating that my car had faded and that they use gm paint. My car is at a Thornton Chevrolet body shop and THEY told me the mirrors are the wrong colors. They painted my original side markers and they are spot on. If I have a sim car I don't want blue mirrors lol. To AAC yes Melissa called me back today. I'm not sure what I'm getting back to her about because I have not heard from her since 1030 this morn. I told her the same thing you are saying that yes you can repaint and send back and I return mine, or I can get paint refunded and have them painted by dealer. I would much rather have you guys paint it and get it right because I'm sure cost will be more than you charged. She was going to get back with me once she talked to painter. By the way the mirrors look awesome..
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #136
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Your paint is clearcoated and did not fade. That is the standard excuse from bodyshops for paint that does not match.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #137
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
Old 10-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #138
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
I believe this is a review thread..not trying to dog anyone just telling people what my experience was. I did call them first and I received an email stating that my car had faded and that they use gm paint. My car is at a Thornton Chevrolet body shop and THEY told me the mirrors are the wrong colors. They painted my original side markers and they are spot on. If I have a sim car I don't want blue mirrors lol. To AAC yes Melissa called me back today. I'm not sure what I'm getting back to her about because I have not heard from her since 1030 this morn. I told her the same thing you are saying that yes you can repaint and send back and I return mine, or I can get paint refunded and have them painted by dealer. I would much rather have you guys paint it and get it right because I'm sure cost will be more than you charged. She was going to get back with me once she talked to painter. By the way the mirrors look awesome..
Pics of your mirrors?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #139
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwelvebee View Post
well the mirrors showed up today only to find out they were scratched, not fully painted and paint worn on corners. needless to say i'm beyond pissed. I really hope noone else has this happen to them.
update: AAC contacted me and said they are going to paint another set and send them out without me having to ship back the mirrors first.

that didnt happen during shipping!! This is totally a lack of quality control ! who boxed these up ?a blind person......I found another thread with side markers that looked just like this...i can see this happing once in a blue moon but this is going on alot.....its like seeing if the customer will take merchandise as is ....and alot is more than once.......
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #140
rhunley14

I will get pics once I get car back. I'm supposed to get back next week.