Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #57
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloWorld View Post
I haven't seen much fanboyism in this thread. In fact, most people seem to recommend going for the V.

I personally don't care much for the styling of the current generation of Cadillacs but there's no question that the V is a better car than the SS.
Not gonna lie, I didn't read very far into it haha.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #58
black79ta

Drives: 79 transam with 582cid dart motor
Have not read the whole thread...IMO keep the SS

2010 Camaro (inferno orange, 2SS, RS and such)
cat backs, catch can, CAI on the way
79 Transam, 582 cid dart motor 779hp 315's out back 40spline gdaxles tko tranny
black79ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #59
Vinz68

Drives: 68,69,72&10 Camaro's 12 CTS-V
Last November I traded in my 10 camaro in for a 12 V. My camaro made 635 at he wheels..... I just had an itch for a V. I bought back my camaro last month when the owner of the dealer put it out on the lot for sale. He only put 80 miles on it..... The V is an awesome car!!! I'm very lucky to have both. I put the same miles on the V in one year that I did with the camaro in two years. You will not be disappointed with a V but will probably miss the muscle car feel of the camaro.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:31 PM   #60
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
The exterior styling is a wash between who likes what, but the interior is no question much better in the V. Don't get me wrong I love my SS. I did next to no mods on my V because it's a Cadillac, Camaro is a muscle car.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #61
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I really like the CTS-V and my wife was leaning towards buying one. I couldn't see her having more HP than I do w/ my SS.

We ended up buying the Cadillac CTS4 w/ V6 engine. The V6 is really peppy of course nothing compared to my SS. We take the Caddy on longer trips and it's a fantastic driving car. We kind of have the best of both worlds.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:18 PM   #62
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
Lot of good comments to help me think about this. It does bug me that it's an 09 though and yes I'd assume the basic 4 year warranty is up by now. I'd get 25 for my car in trade but of course I owe 21 so its more of a wash with a "down" built in. I like the look and styling of the SS more by far though the V's interior blows it away. The points in favor points are its a lowish (for an 09) miles car that's been taken care of with a very soild motor w/ sc. The damn thing stock could more often than not walk past me at the track lol. Which is another reason I'm considering this, after I put the new cam in my car it did not perform as expected (long story under mods section some of you may be familiar with) and driveablility has suffered more than I would have anticipated even with a relatively high lift cam. I've actually lost a good deal of confidence in my SS and honestly couldn't say if or how long the motor will last. My broken thinking went along the lines of...well if my car is out of warranty anyway...the V has gobs of power to start let alone what a few inexpensive mods can do to it.
There are some 10's that are available in your area as well, fya.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-10-2013 at 07:34 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #63
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
Quote:
There are some 10's that are available in your area as well, fya.
Yeah, but they all run at least 10k more which is harder to swallow lol.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #64
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
V all the way. The extra doors will make life so much easier. It's so much more car than the camaro will ever be in a thousand life times. I love the camaro and I want one so bad, but I'll never give up my G8 because its so practical. Every time I see a camaro my want goes through the roof, but when I look back and see 2 comfy kids in the back it quickly dies.
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #65
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
SS all day!!
The V is a bad ass car but it's more luxury sport style...
Camaro is bad ass muscle, especially when modded right!!
Shouldn't even be in the same category!!!

With all that said, people who voted for you to get the V ...Why do you have Camaros???
If I were going to be partial to a car that can be had, meaning I could afford.... obviously that's what I'd be driving... daaaa!!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #66
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
SS all day!!
The V is a bad ass car but it's more luxury sport style...
Camaro is bad ass muscle, especially when modded right!!
Shouldn't even be in the same category!!!

With all that said, people who voted for you to get the V ...Why do you have Camaros???
If I were going to be partial to a car that can be had, meaning I could afford.... obviously that's what I'd be driving... daaaa!!!
The V is kinda a sleeper compared to a SS. People and kids always want to look and ride in my car. when I had a V most people thought was " it's a Cadillac and its a 6 speed!"
Old 01-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #67
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
The V is kinda a sleeper compared to a SS. People and kids always want to look and ride in my car. when I had a V most people thought was " it's a Cadillac and its a 6 speed!"
That's another aspect I forgot to mention. The Camaro is an attention-getter. I got compliments regularly. More so in 2009 and 2010 when they were still rare but even this summer, people go out of their way to compliment the SS. The V is very much a sleeper as Inferno said. Very few people know what a V is. They see another Cadillac. Makes it real fun to play with people because no one expects it to perform. Everyone expects the Camaro to be fast.

The SS was my fun car for 2 years. Nights and weekends only, garage queen etc. The third year it became my daily driver. While it wasn't a bad daily driver at all, the V certainly wins here.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #68
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
40k and 4 model years old is tough to swallow on any car, and I like the V.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #69
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
40k and 4 model years old is tough to swallow on any car, and I like the V.
Keep in mind, these cars are $60-70k new. NADA has it at $43,825 "clean retail". These cars are tough to find used. They go quick. Estimates are somewhere around 3,000 produced annually and people like to hold on to them.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #70
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
i've been debating the same thing myself....but I actually need the 4 doors now
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote