Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #113
IgnitusCamaro
 
Drives: Zl1 coming soon
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: SouthFl
Posts: 36
I CANT WAIT TO SEE ONE!
IgnitusCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #114
Diode Dynamics

 
Diode Dynamics's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,252
Is anyone on here so excited they are going to run out and buy one?

-Nick C.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #115
45thAnniversary2SS


 
45thAnniversary2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
I like the front...wonder if it can be fitted to '10. Anyone? It's funny to hear people are waiting to see one in person like if for some reason the ugly rear is going to change in person.
Yuck. To answer your question though, you need a few other parts replaced as well. Would have to replace your current headlights if you wanted the new front end.
__________________
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #116
Demon Z/28
Scarecrow
 
Demon Z/28's Avatar
 
Drives: like a granny
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Anahizzle, CA
Posts: 1,564
any side shots of a 1LE floating around. or a ZL1, i want to see how big that spoiler is. (side shot / side trunk shot)
__________________
The Rooster - 2015 Z/28
The Scarecrow -2014 1LE SOLD -
Demon Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #117
chevydude26

 
chevydude26's Avatar
 
Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
pics of Black 2013 2LT/RS versus 2014 2LT/RS
The refresh looks great i was one of the complainers before but i love it now. i like the leaner look in the front and the taillights are a nice updated touch

They are both beautiful and the new update still screams this is an awesome Camaro

Well done guys
__________________
I think i flip flopped on the ss bumper...it looks good man...it really does
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #118
RonnieG
 
RonnieG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
I like the front...wonder if it can be fitted to '10. Anyone? It's funny to hear people are waiting to see one in person like if for some reason the ugly rear is going to change in person.
lmao... "seeing it in person" I think lets those who are in dislike with negative opinions know that they gave it a shot... numerous times have people said not to judge and wait to see it in person
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #119
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,308
These won't last the weekend I bet!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #120
Doc
Dances With Mustangs
 
Doc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,668
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
pics of Black 2013 2LT/RS versus 2014 2LT/RS
Here's the problem for me which this comparison illustrates:
Name:  Screen shot 2013-07-25 at 12.51.33 PM.jpg
Views: 4083
Size:  176.9 KB

The Camaro is an extremely well-known brand with a very solid identity. If people look at the back of the new 2014 and the first thing that pops into their mind is "it looks like a Honda Prelude" then whoever was responsible for the design completely failed to uphold and maintain the brand identity of a Camaro. The back of the 2010-13 Camaro is distinct, solid, strong and unique; when you see it you don't think "that looks like...." something else. It looks like exactly what it is; a Camaro. The refresh back-end doesn't look powerful, muscular, dynamic or even sporty. It's a very pedestrian, uninspired generic style that's been around awhile and used by many other brands.

Name:  2001 Toyota Corolla.jpeg
Views: 1502
Size:  7.1 KBName:  2012 Peugeot.jpeg
Views: 1482
Size:  7.4 KBName:  97 Alfa Romeo 145.jpeg
Views: 1442
Size:  12.6 KB
Name:  Peugot 406.jpeg
Views: 1442
Size:  17.2 KB and finally:Name:  97 Honda Prelude.jpeg
Views: 1596
Size:  22.4 KB

The new front is okay but looks pinched, flat and horizontal compared to the previous style's open, flowing sculpted look. When I read post after post saying "maybe if I see it in person it will grow on me" then I know the style change has missed the mark. When I first saw a picture of the 2006 concept car I didn't have to say to myself "maybe if I see it in person I'll like it"... my reaction to the pictures was "WOW, that looks bad-ass! I WOULD LOVE to have a car that looks like that!". Not only does the "refresh" not raise that bar, it doesn't even reach it. It just looks flattened and horizontal to me; not muscular like it's predecessor and the concept car.

Name:  2006 Concept front.jpeg
Views: 1452
Size:  9.8 KBName:  2006 Concept Rear.jpeg
Views: 1442
Size:  7.6 KBName:  2014 front.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  28.0 KBName:  2014 Rear.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  33.7 KB

In 2009 as soon as my local dealer could order I ordered mine SIGHT-UNSEEN having not seen one "in person" nor even the color I ordered. In about 3 weeks I will have had my 2010 Camaro for 4 years and never once, not even for a minute have I regretted buying it, gotten tired of looking at it or driving it.

My post is not a personal attack against you Scott, don't misunderstand me. It's just that the Camaro is such an American icon, and the 2010 style was such an inspired effort that I don't want to see that be the "peak" and everything from that point on becomes gradually watered-down, tame, corporate-committee-designed shadows of formerly great styling.
__________________

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #121
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]
 
whamslam3's Avatar
 
Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 1,754
looks like it has a built in spoiler on the LS like its raised or somthin thts kinda strange... still not feeling the tails or the rear diffuser. people rly need to wait for the 2016's. these ones just dont cut it after having our beautiful originals. cnt wait to take mine to the dealer so i can see them in person and compare.
__________________
whamslam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #122
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado
 
Overflow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 30,357
Hey Becky, did a majority of the dealerships recieve their '14's today? I'm "live chatting" with someone on my dealership's website and their trying to make me purchase a car. I just wanna see the dang thing.
__________________
2010 Chevrolet Camaro CGM 2SS/RS
Overflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #123
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018
 
AZCamaroFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sometimes
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 17,778
I like the lip-spoiler on the LS
i'm also bored with the Prelude talk. Lots of cars, most cars have rectangular taillights.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #124
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN
 
Est.July.4.1776's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Genesee County, Michigan
Posts: 601
I like the idea of the tail-lights... the first Gen throwback is obvious, but the execution is lacking... it reminds me of a new Charger... the front end isn't too terrible, and it looks good going down the road, but it's almost like Chevy took a page from Ford and their refresh of the Mustang... all in all it's OK, but the refresh is why I bought a 2013 instead of waiting. That said, the next time I bring a train down to Flat Rock, I think I'll have to stop in and check one out up close and in person.
__________________
"I've been working on the railroad, all mother f###ing day." ...and yeah, we hauled your Camaro.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #125
Arodr395
 
Arodr395's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here's the problem for me which this comparison illustrates:
Attachment 536902

The Camaro is an extremely well-known brand with a very solid identity. If people look at the back of the new 2014 and the first thing that pops into their mind is "it looks like a Honda Prelude" then whoever was responsible for the design completely failed to uphold and maintain the brand identity of a Camaro. The back of the 2010-13 Camaro is distinct, solid, strong and unique; when you see it you don't think "that looks like...." something else. It looks like exactly what it is; a Camaro. The refresh back-end doesn't look powerful, muscular, dynamic or even sporty. It's a very pedestrian, uninspired generic style that's been around awhile and used by many other brands.

Attachment 536904Attachment 536903Attachment 536906
Attachment 536905 and finally:Attachment 536907

The new front is okay but looks pinched, flat and horizontal compared to the previous style's open, flowing sculpted look. When I read post after post saying "maybe if I see it in person it will grow on me" then I know the style change has missed the mark. When I first saw a picture of the 2006 concept car I didn't have to say to myself "maybe if I see it in person I'll like it"... my reaction to the pictures was "WOW, that looks bad-ass! I WOULD LOVE to have a car that looks like that!". Not only does the "refresh" not raise that bar, it doesn't even reach it. It just looks flattened and horizontal to me; not muscular like it's predecessor and the concept car.

Attachment 536911Attachment 536912Attachment 536918Attachment 536919

In 2009 as soon as my local dealer could order I ordered mine SIGHT-UNSEEN having not seen one "in person" nor even the color I ordered. In about 3 weeks I will have had my 2010 Camaro for 4 years and never once, not even for a minute have I regretted buying it, gotten tired of looking at it or driving it.

My post is not a personal attack against you Scott, don't misunderstand me. It's just that the Camaro is such an American icon, and the 2010 style was such an inspired effort that I don't want to see that be the "peak" and everything from that point on becomes gradually watered-down, tame, corporate-committee-designed shadows of formerly great styling.
So I guess you feel the same about the older Camaros?
Attached Images
      
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #126
Demon Z/28
Scarecrow
 
Demon Z/28's Avatar
 
Drives: like a granny
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Anahizzle, CA
Posts: 1,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Here's the problem for me which this comparison illustrates:
Attachment 536902

The Camaro is an extremely well-known brand with a very solid identity. If people look at the back of the new 2014 and the first thing that pops into their mind is "it looks like a Honda Prelude" then whoever was responsible for the design completely failed to uphold and maintain the brand identity of a Camaro. The back of the 2010-13 Camaro is distinct, solid, strong and unique; when you see it you don't think "that looks like...." something else. It looks like exactly what it is; a Camaro. The refresh back-end doesn't look powerful, muscular, dynamic or even sporty. It's a very pedestrian, uninspired generic style that's been around awhile and used by many other brands.

Attachment 536904Attachment 536903Attachment 536906
Attachment 536905 and finally:Attachment 536907

The new front is okay but looks pinched, flat and horizontal compared to the previous style's open, flowing sculpted look. When I read post after post saying "maybe if I see it in person it will grow on me" then I know the style change has missed the mark. When I first saw a picture of the 2006 concept car I didn't have to say to myself "maybe if I see it in person I'll like it"... my reaction to the pictures was "WOW, that looks bad-ass! I WOULD LOVE to have a car that looks like that!". Not only does the "refresh" not raise that bar, it doesn't even reach it. It just looks flattened and horizontal to me; not muscular like it's predecessor and the concept car.

Attachment 536911Attachment 536912Attachment 536918Attachment 536919

In 2009 as soon as my local dealer could order I ordered mine SIGHT-UNSEEN having not seen one "in person" nor even the color I ordered. In about 3 weeks I will have had my 2010 Camaro for 4 years and never once, not even for a minute have I regretted buying it, gotten tired of looking at it or driving it.

My post is not a personal attack against you Scott, don't misunderstand me. It's just that the Camaro is such an American icon, and the 2010 style was such an inspired effort that I don't want to see that be the "peak" and everything from that point on becomes gradually watered-down, tame, corporate-committee-designed shadows of formerly great styling.
sweet comparisons, but in addition to your dead nuts comparisons, this one has some slight resemblance as well

__________________
The Rooster - 2015 Z/28
The Scarecrow -2014 1LE SOLD -
Demon Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.