Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #71
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro37f View Post
A few of my buds always say, " would you serve for free? "

And you're absolutely right - many things we get are not measurable by income. The education benefits we get, the resources we receive, as well as lower cost medical dental and healthy. Don't forget post housing and chow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can go down a huge list of other programs that aren't even taxpayer funded, like relief societies and MWR.

I'd love to live on base. There wasn't any room. That's another reason you can't count my benefits. I may not be receiving them all.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 10-01-2014, 03:54 PM   #72
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Well Abomb1223, see the can of worms you opened. Still feel better?
Old 10-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #73
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
All our cops around here set in Tim Horton's eating Doug-nuts all day and get big wages,the end of the month they leave and get their quota of monthly tickets in one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
Really? How the hell can someone sitting in a car all day, eating McDonalds, and pulling over cars make the same or more as an engineer or doctor? That's what's wrong with CA economy btw.

Then again there are gang shootings on nearly every block you turn down. Lol

Yeah what I mean by having a nice paying job is; I don't see anyone working at Dollar General "accidentally" speeding in their 458 Italia or 911 GTS!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:39 PM   #74
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Yup, dumbos. If they had a better paying job they would probably be speeding around in a corvette. And yes, you ARE right, police make more stops and probably more tickets toward the end of the month.

I do remember going 25 in a 20, school zone. Got off on a warning because my foot actually pushed on the gas pedal harder from a huge crater like pot hole. Luckily That was before I got the camaro.

You try and follow the safety laws and get ticketed for liscense plate or lack there of or window tint. Then you see a car flying by in the city going 50 in a 30, or run a stop sign and guess what.....no cops in site.
Quote:
Really? How the hell can someone sitting in a car all day, eating McDonalds, and pulling over cars make the same or more as an engineer or doctor? That's what's wrong with CA economy btw.

Then again there are gang shootings on nearly every block you turn down. Lol

Yeah what I mean by having a nice paying job is; I don't see anyone working at Dollar General "accidentally" speeding in their 458 Italia or 911 GTS!
I hope you are really 16 years old and not an adult who has these ridiculous opinions. Wait, I'm sure you are a nuclear scientist working at MIT with an MBA from Wharton that you got for shits and giggles.

BTW, police officers in the suburbs around NYC also earn 6 figures. If you ever had to deal with the scum that police do, you may have more respect for them. Some are dicks, but the majority are great guys who help a lot of people. That's the funny thing about the police. Everyone talks shit about them, but when people are in real trouble the police become everyone's daddy/mommy. Just so you know, I'm not a cop. That said, I realize their importance to society.

Last edited by BigBoyBlue; 10-01-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #75
BigBoyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
Darn cops. Don't they have better things to do with their time then enforcing the law. And I'm going to take an educated guess that police in California make somewhere between $40,000 and $80,000 a year, and not six figures.
After a few years seniority and with OT and night differential, many departments make well over six figures.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #76
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Haha I love all these comments, it's like people have never been upset about getting pulled over lol. I never once said in my original post that I wasn't wrong or that the cop was wrong for pulling me over. They have laws and they are supposed to enforce them. I would however venture to say that they pass up plenty off cars with no plate and darker windows. If I was a cop I think I could look over those items but that's just me. The cop even said they have been trying to change the plate law for years. So why ticket me for it? Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch off one rant lol calm down my friends. I'm paying the ticket and not changing a thing on my car : )
Old 10-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #77
Abomb1223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I know what you mean. Yesterday I was going 110 in reverse through a crowded school zone while smoking a doobie, drinking a beer, and talking on my phone, and the the damn cop sitting there had the nerve to give me a ticket!
Yea that's the same thing I was doing!! What a coincidence! Dbag lol
Old 10-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #78
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
Haha I love all these comments, it's like people have never been upset about getting pulled over lol. I never once said in my original post that I wasn't wrong or that the cop was wrong for pulling me over. They have laws and they are supposed to enforce them. I would however venture to say that they pass up plenty off cars with no plate and darker windows. If I was a cop I think I could look over those items but that's just me. The cop even said they have been trying to change the plate law for years. So why ticket me for it? Everyone is getting their panties in a bunch off one rant lol calm down my friends. I'm paying the ticket and not changing a thing on my car : )

Uh huh, but yet you come on here and post a rant thread about it......

So if you get another ticket, still going to cry and whine about it?

Nothing against having no plate, speeding, illegal tint, or whatever. But if you get caught, then own it. Don't whine like a bit*h
Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #79
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I love threads like these, hypocrites at their finest. If you aren't driving over the speed limit you are getting run over.

I know it's the law, but speed limits are set so your grandma can arrive safely without maiming that many people, I have Brembo brakes and faster reactions.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:55 PM   #80
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
IDK, but I'm willing to bet there are a lot of folks that have been in Afghanistan & Iraq that would like to be making as much as some cops.
QFT, I know I would love to make 6 figures while in combat, but as we all know troops have been getting shit on ever since their conception.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #81
BigBoyBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhsfjjsfj View Post
Yup, dumbos. If they had a better paying job they would probably be speeding around in a corvette. And yes, you ARE right, police make more stops and probably more tickets toward the end of the month.
Another brain surgeon.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #82
Abomb1223

Everyone on this site is THE SMARTEST DRIVER EVER AND LOVES THE LAW AND NEVER BREAKS IT!! Haha... I was just sharing my story and getting it off my chest. I admitted i wrong and they had every right to pull me over. It was more about the pettiness, right me a ticket for speeding 9 over on the least busiest road ever and move on. As a man I just can't see writing someone a ticket for their mods. Whether it's lights, too loud if an exhaust, too loud of a stereo, tint, plate, ride height I just can't see any real man doing this lol.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #83
Sigelitest

Drives: White 2016 Z06
I am curious…. I never heard of getting a ticket for ride height. I can understand on a truck so u don’t drive through someone’s back windshield. But what is dangerous about lowering a car. I never knew I could get a ticket for that.

What if u are from another state and don’t have these laws. Can u get a ticket when u are passing through?
If not buy a cheep apartment and get your tag from another state. Problem solved
Old 10-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #84
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
Everyone on this site is THE SMARTEST DRIVER EVER AND LOVES THE LAW AND NEVER BREAKS IT!! Haha... I was just sharing my story and getting it off my chest. I admitted i wrong and they had every right to pull me over. It was more about the pettiness, right me a ticket for speeding 9 over on the least busiest road ever and move on. As a man I just can't see writing someone a ticket for their mods. Whether it's lights, too loud if an exhaust, too loud of a stereo, tint, plate, ride height I just can't see any real man doing this lol.
If the mods are illegal....write them up....as a man. I got busted for dark tint on our '01 WS6, and that stuff was on there when we bought it used from a the Pontiac dealer in town. I ripped it off, went with a lighter tint, and the judge threw the ticket out. When I got caught for that, the state cop saw me sideways in the road. Thats why he pulled me over. he was right to do so. I think the biggest problem is that you think you are being targeted because of your car. I have driven nothing but Camaro / Firebirds since 1993, and owned our '69 since 1985 (and it was and is loud as hell, roll bar, NHRA lega into the 10's) and never once have I been stopped for anything that I did not deserve. You need to check yourself and stop blaming the cops for doing their job, and I promise, I am no big fan of the traffic cop, but I am realistic.
Closed Thread