Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #57
Bad Dad

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS , 2011 C6 Base Corvette
Talking

SHE FIRED UPIM PUMPED HAVE TO PUT IT BACK TOGEATHER THIS WEEK

SUICIDE BY RACECAR
Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #58
Bad Dad

Lightbulb OIL CATCH CAN X 2

MY CATCH CAN WENT BACK IN IN ITS ORIINAL LOCATION CATCHING THE VACUME LINE GOING INTO THE CAI NOW I THINK IM GOING TO ADD A SECOND ON THE VALVE COVER ON DRIVERS SIDE TO PORT ON BLOWER THEN IM COVERED WHATS YOUR OPINIONS.

SUICIDE BY RACECAR
Old 12-31-2010, 05:45 PM   #59
Bad Dad

Talking

Took her for a short ride today the thing is awesome ,running a JRE tune, will make time to datalog to refine the tune. I took my wife with me , after the engine warmed up i shifted from 1 to 2 gave the throttle a little push about half, one eye on the road one looking for the man she broke em loose and smoked em let off the wife was smilin.Next refine tune then lower 1"
install ford 9" kit from the drive shaft shop 3:70 gears on the ford true track. Then next ZR-1 dual disc clutch ......
I NEED MORE TIME TO WRENCH

HOME BUILT BY ME SUPPORT FROM TED AT JRE....

SUICIDE BY RACECAR
Old 01-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #60
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Dad View Post
Took her for a short ride today the thing is awesome ,running a JRE tune, will make time to datalog to refine the tune. I took my wife with me , after the engine warmed up i shifted from 1 to 2 gave the throttle a little push about half, one eye on the road one looking for the man she broke em loose and smoked em let off the wife was smilin.Next refine tune then lower 1"
install ford 9" kit from the drive shaft shop 3:70 gears on the ford true track. Then next ZR-1 dual disc clutch ......
I NEED MORE TIME TO WRENCH

HOME BUILT BY ME SUPPORT FROM TED AT JRE....
Awesome buddy! It will definetly be beast! I ran my catch can on the driver valve cover to the catch can to the charger.

I know what you mean about wrenching time..
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #61
MonnieRock

Drives: 1992 Z/28 Convertible
Send a message via ICQ to MonnieRock Send a message via Yahoo to MonnieRock Send a message via Skype™ to MonnieRock
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
I was torn between the 2 but in the end chose the Whipple for aesthetic reasons.

First off, congratulations on your build and results

I have similar concerns about aesthetics too, that have me looking at the maggie or the whipple. Silly as it may seem to some, I would like to retain the oem engine coil covers. Knowing I would need to cut the middle out, I just feel that gives such a nice oem / professional look.

Gmrulz, are you going to put yours on?
Does anyone have a whipple with the oem coil covers on?

KB is a top product, just can not stomach that rear/side mounted intake

Is there a way to get IAT temps from the manifold?

Thank you,
Monnie
MonnieRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #62
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonnieRock View Post
First off, congratulations on your build and results

I have similar concerns about aesthetics too, that have me looking at the maggie or the whipple. Silly as it may seem to some, I would like to retain the oem engine coil covers. Knowing I would need to cut the middle out, I just feel that gives such a nice oem / professional look.

Gmrulz, are you going to put yours on?
Does anyone have a whipple with the oem coil covers on?

KB is a top product, just can not stomach that rear/side mounted intake

Is there a way to get IAT temps from the manifold?

Thank you,
Monnie

Thanks!

I have not modified my oem cover, but I do beleive it can be done. I`ve chosen to go with a set of Rotofab unfinished aluminum coil pack covers made for a maggie w/ out the blow off valve cutoff on the driver side. I may have to modify them, hence going unfinished, hopefully not, but when done I will have a buddy of mine paint them.

There is a way to plumb the IAT in the side of the manifold, however you would need to speak to Jeff at Whipple regarding this.

I too think KB is an awesome product, but I think Whipple is just as good and is a front mount. Which was the deciding factor for me.

Good luck and keep us posted!
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #63
BIGSWOLE

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS/RS (L99)
Awesome,cant wait till I have the money to get my whipple
BIGSWOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #64
izaks

Drives: Chev Lumina 416
Quote"There is a way to plumb the IAT in the side of the manifold, however you would need to speak to Jeff at Whipple regarding this."

There is already a pre-drilled and tapped hole on the drivers side of the manifold, between the last two spark plugs. Remove the plug and install an IAT sensor from Holley/Fast/Accel in its place. Splice two wires from the IAT sensor in the MAF to this sensor and you can now monitor the IAT inside the manifold
izaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 AM   #65
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
How does one know if the old OS will be a problem if one believes they have one of the earlier Camaros. Is there a VIN cutoff for this?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #66
Slow And Old
I can only fix slow

Drives: Black 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
How does one know if the old OS will be a problem if one believes they have one of the earlier Camaros. Is there a VIN cutoff for this?
Is this OS issue unique to the L99 and does anyone have a cut off vin number yet?

Great build thread, lots of good info. Keep up the good work.
Whipple 2.9L with 4” pully; Kooks Long Tube headers, X-pipe, high flow cats and axle-back exhaust system; Eibach coilover suspension system; Pfadt Rear Trailing Arm And Bushing Kit; CAI Cold Air Intake; ADM Scoop; Roto-Fab windshield washer relocation kit; Heritage Grille; Custom tune by Steve Williams of TunedbyFrost.com; Built by Performance Autosport,inc Performanceautosport.com

Last edited by Slow And Old; 12-24-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Slow And Old is offline   Reply With Quote