Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Sorry didn't mean to confuse, but the 1LE package comes with wheels and tires unique to that package and are included in the $3500 MSRP. The RS package price is $1350 MSRP and also includes wheels as part of the appearance package. Your car can’t have 8 wheels even though you are purchasing both if you have a 1LE and the RS option on the same car. I do like the RS headlights but I can’t justify to myself to pay $1350 for them. That’s all I am saying.
The RS includes a wheel upgrade with a different finish, however when ordering the 1LE the 1LE wheels trump that. The 2014 RS package includes the LED tail lights, halos, HID'S, body colored ditch molding & polished (paintable) eyebrow.

I believe it was said that for 2014 the trunk lid was now aluminum like the hoods which always have been. Makes sense as the 2014 trunk lid has many compound curves. The 2014 rear spoiler on the 1LE is much more aggressive looking.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Sorry didn't mean to confuse, but the 1LE package comes with wheels and tires unique to that package and are included in the $3500 MSRP. The RS package price is $1350 MSRP and also includes wheels as part of the appearance package. Your car can’t have 8 wheels even though you are purchasing both if you have a 1LE and the RS option on the same car. I do like the RS headlights but I can’t justify to myself to pay $1350 for them. That’s all I am saying.
You still don't get it. READ the sticky on the 1LE to learn of all the components which come with the 1LE package. RS wheels were never intended as an option nor allowed, therefore, you will not be charged the $1300. The sum of all 1LE parts are actually far higher than the $3500 option. You can not replicate same parts cheaper, individually. So in the end, it is an amazing deal. OK?
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #17
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
You still don't get it. READ the sticky on the 1LE to learn of all the components which come with the 1LE package. RS wheels were never intended as an option nor allowed, therefore, you will not be charged the $1300. The sum of all 1LE parts are actually far higher than the $3500 option. You can not replicate same parts cheaper, individually. So in the end, it is an amazing deal. OK?
I got charged the 1300 for the RS package. In turn you do pay for 2 sets of rims and tires (1LE and RS). When and if the RS option is selected the rims and tires cost dont come off if the 1LE option is selected. Either way the RS rims are charged and are included in MSRP/GMPP/Invoice on a 1LE/RS

I tried explaining this to my dealer (about how the RS rim cost should be taken off becasue 1LE option comes with different rims and tires) thinking that would be the case but it actually isnt becasue the finish on the wheels (RS package) are included in the package so its pretty much.....do you want the package or not.

Either way I didnt care becasue I wanted the RS package on my 1LE.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #18
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Wow, great information

Thanks again guys, all great information.

Do the aftermarket Halos looks like factory. Are they easy to put in?

How much for complete kit with harness?

What is a good company that I can look up for them?

Monte Mac your ride is awesome, just what I want mine to look like the front splitter and ZL1 aero look awesome. Are those aftermarket halos or part of RS?

Thanks again to all.

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #19
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Please read my post carefully.

The price for the RS package on an SS does not include a wheel upgrade. ALL SS NON 1LE HAVE THE SAME WHEELS! RS changes the wheel finish. The majority of the price for the RS package is the headlights. PERIOD!

Please stop trying to tell people the RS is a waste of money or that they should get two sets of wheels. The V6 models get a wheel upgrade with RS. The RS package also comes at a higher premium because of that. Read up on the packages before spewing incorrect "facts" on people's threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #20
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Lets get back to thread please.

Okay we got all that off our chest. Thanks for the information and corrections.

Can we please now get back to my original post and my latest questions above. I need some help with information for my 1LE purchase.

Thanks

Jim
Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #21
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
The only time you ever receive 2 sets of wheels in when you order the dealer installed accessory wheels. They cost about $4500 and some dealers have been known to try and keep the original wheels.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #22
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Okay we got all that off our chest. Thanks for the information and corrections.

Can we please now get back to my original post and my latest questions above. I need some help with information for my 1LE purchase.

Thanks

Jim
It's up to you man. It's your money so spend it how you want to. If you like the look of the 14 then order a 14. If you rather the look of the 13 then buy a 13. The only thing about the 13 is your going to have to do so searching & might have to travel a ways to get what you want. I had to drive from FL to NC to get mine.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #23
newb

Buy it how you want it from the start. If you like the RS lights and prefer a '13. Find a '13 with RS. It may take some time and travel but it will be what you want.

But if you don't mind a '14, go to the dealer of your choice and place an order. Get it how you want. Don't settle. There are threads here with multiple pics of the '14 1LEs. Look it over and see how it strikes you. If like it, order away.

It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 06-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #24
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Buy it how you want it from the start. If you like the RS lights and prefer a '13. Find a '13 with RS. It may take some time and travel but it will be what you want.

But if you don't mind a '14, go to the dealer of your choice and place an order. Get it how you want. Don't settle. There are threads here with multiple pics of the '14 1LEs. Look it over and see how it strikes you. If like it, order away.

All good comments. I want the 2013, I like the styling better. The only reason I asked the question was to find out if their some really cool thing coming or rumored for the 2014 that would change my mind. I don't care about the different hood etc. So according to this thread there is nothing that anyone knows of that would be mind changer for me.

The 2ss1LE coming in is exactly what I want black on black, dual mode exhausts. But no RS. I don't care about the other RS stuff except for the HID Halo lights.

What is the name of the manufacturer that makes after market Halos, do they look like the factory, how much are they, how difficult is it to change the lights.

Thanks again

Jim
Old 06-09-2013, 02:18 AM   #25
newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
All good comments. I want the 2013, I like the styling better. The only reason I asked the question was to find out if their some really cool thing coming or rumored for the 2014 that would change my mind. I don't care about the different hood etc. So according to this thread there is nothing that anyone knows of that would be mind changer for me.

The 2ss1LE coming in is exactly what I want black on black, dual mode exhausts. But no RS. I don't care about the other RS stuff except for the HID Halo lights.

What is the name of the manufacturer that makes after market Halos, do they look like the factory, how much are they, how difficult is it to change the lights.

Thanks again

Jim
PM OzzySS about what can go wrong with a retrofit and how much work it is. The best retrofit option to me is the ofer retrofit. Gen5diy.com sells oem lights and a wiring harness. Not the cheapest solution but the least likely to cause problems. The other options require a lot more work.

I still say order with RS if you want the lights. Purely personal opinion but it does add some resale value as well. Aftermarket solutions will not.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 06-09-2013, 02:30 AM   #26
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
If you don't want to pay for the RS lights from the factory, you have several options. Mostly it depends on how much you're willing to pay versus how much you're willing to work for the look...
A) RS from factory - most expensive, no work req'd.
B) aftermarket or refurb'd OEM lights - can come close to the package price, but won't require much more work than dropping the bumper and swapping. Ofer at gen5diy.com is highly recommended for this.
C) retrofit hids/halos (what I did) - this will be by far the most work, but also by far (potentially, depending how crazy you get with it) the cheapest way to go, and you can do whatever you want with your lights, like multicolor or double halos, etc. I bought a nice kit from theretrofitsource.com (highly recommend them, awesome guys) for the hids, and AAC (I'm currently pissed at them about a warranty replacement on backorder for several months) for the halos, and I'm sure I spent less than one refurb'd OEM light. The money saved equated to a lot of time spent figuring out what I was doing and how tho...and then I went further with it and made it a whole project, lol...

So, there's a quick rundown on headlights for ya

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:34 AM   #27
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
PM OzzySS about what can go wrong with a retrofit and how much work it is. The best retrofit option to me is the ofer retrofit. Gen5diy.com sells oem lights and a wiring harness. Not the cheapest solution but the least likely to cause problems. The other options require a lot more work.

I still say order with RS if you want the lights. Purely personal opinion but it does add some resale value as well. Aftermarket solutions will not.
Lol, you mentioned me as I was typing up everything he should know :P

To be fair, the issues with my retrofit were mostly my own fault (damn you AAC!), and the only reason my my lights aren't completely finished now is because of that backordered halo. And even a nasty-gram to them this week got the same response..."I hope we get them in this week"

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:46 AM   #28
newb

Ozzy may be on the far end of what can go wrong but it could happen to anyone. Many people have had a much better/easier experience. But I have no problems buying piece of mind. That's what factory RS gave me. Could I have a cooler aftermarket setup? Absolutely! Will require more work and have 0 warranty? Absolutely as well.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013