Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #183
Boydr12

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by familycaronROIDS! View Post
They are both good cars depending on what you want to do with them. Twisties Camaro all the way. Straight line Mustang hands down BUT with $$ you can make either one good at everything.
They are a drivers race in a straight line. Clearly been noted. It's very close. 1LE >>>>>> 5.O when it comes to overall package
Boydr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #184
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydr12 View Post
They are a drivers race in a straight line. Clearly been noted. It's very close. 1LE > 5.O when it comes to overall package
Fixed.

I'm sure it'd be easier to upgrade Mustang handling to a 1LE-ish level than it would be to improve 1LE outward visibility to match the Mustang's. Then again the current Mustang is unlikely to ever match the overall ride & handling (taken together) of the 1LE - the opinion of one particularly dissatisfied 1LE owner notwithstanding. Call everything else a wash, so it's not as clear cut as ">>>>>>".

I actually like the 1LE for what it is, and it's a pretty damn good target to aim a mod program at (no matter what you might be starting from).

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 04-15-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #185
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydr12 View Post
They are a drivers race in a straight line. Clearly been noted. It's very close. 1LE = 5.O when it comes to overall package
A drivers race only if the Boss driver is just learning to drive stick. The ones I have seen have run 12.5 or better stock. Show me a stock 1LE that comes close. Only a couple of them have broken out of the 13s.

Fixed it for you too.

This is the way I see it:

Track handling: 1LE > Boss
Refinement: 1LE > Boss
Acceleration: Boss > 1LE
Collectability Boss > 1LE
Driving Excitement Boss >= 1LE (A judgement call, but that's what some professional testers think.)

The Boss does have advantages. It will always be worth more and is very exciting and rewarding to drive, or so I have been told. I hope to get behind the wheel of one sooner or later.

Still I prefer my 1LE. I do not care if it is slower in a straight line.

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-16-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote