Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
MagnaCharger and Water in Exhaust.......

I have noticed since I have had the TVS-2300,Cam,and CAI installed my car has lot's of water in the exhaust.I have worked in years past with Air compressors and there is always problems with water in a air system.That is the reason for air dryers,filters,etc.Is this normal and will it cause any problems down the road?I have noticed it changes depending on the temp and humidity.I'm not loosing any water it just seems like condensation.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:56 AM   #2
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
I'm seeing alot of this as well.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Water is a byproduct of combustion...when you increase the amount of air forced into an internal combustion engine, the byproduct of that would be increased H20.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Water is a byproduct of combustion...when you increase the amount of air forced into an internal combustion engine, the byproduct of that would be increased H20.
That is what I am thinking also.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thanks guys.....
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ2010 View Post
I have noticed since I have had the TVS-2300,Cam,and CAI installed my car has lot's of water in the exhaust.I have worked in years past with Air compressors and there is always problems with water in a air system.That is the reason for air dryers,filters,etc.Is this normal and will it cause any problems down the road?I have noticed it changes depending on the temp and humidity.I'm not loosing any water it just seems like condensation.
Another good reason to go with a stainless steel exhaust. Corsa, Borla and Magna Flow are just a few, pick a sound and make sure of stainless construction.

When air gets compressed you also concentrate the water in it. As it exits the engine as a hot gas and hits the cooling efects of the exhaust system it condenses back out thus driping occurs. Should'nt ever hurt anything in the engine and also happens in naturally aspirated engines to a lesser extent. It will however eat up mild steel exhaust over time.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote