Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
DSV chick

Drives: ABM 2SS RS
Violated! Sub and amps stolen

I can't believe I got up for work this morning and got in my car only to find my subs and amps were gone. All I can do is pray thecops find him or them first before I do.
DSV chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Damn, sorry to hear it. Did they do any damage getting into the car?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Must have left it unlocked.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
Damn that sucks - Maybe you will be lucky and find the perps first.
rico-2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
Mailman

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
That really sucks.

Ride life with your windows down!
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:52 PM   #6
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Damn, I'd be livid. Sorry to hear that, I hope things even out for you somehow. Having been a victim myself, you probably won't recover them. How much are you out? Did you call the police and report it?
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #7
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Sorry to hear that. I hate thieves with a passion.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #8
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
It is someone you know. If you play loud music anywhere near where you live, then they probably knew where to find your car, knew your schedule and got lucky with the car being unlocked. Always enter and leave your neighborhood with the music turned down. This will keep you off the radar as far as the tunes go, and the neighbors will appreciate it too.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
EagleKeeper

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
It is someone you know. If you play loud music anywhere near where you live, then they probably knew where to find your car, knew your schedule and got lucky with the car being unlocked. Always enter and leave your neighborhood with the music turned down. This will keep you off the radar as far as the tunes go, and the neighbors will appreciate it too.
That is an awfully large assumption/accusation to make.
EagleKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #10
green man

Drives: 1SS/RS M6
well, your car will be faster today without all of that extra weight bogging it down...
Old 06-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
I don't agree with the statement that it is someone they know...BUT...I do agree completely with your comment about turning down the radio when you drive through your neighborhood so you don't advertise. There's 2 things people do thats asking for your stereo to be stolen, 1) riding through your neighborhood stereo blairing 2) plastering large KENWOOD (or whatever brand stereo you have) stickers on your rear window.

DSV CHICK, sorry to hear about you being ripped off, as far as my above comment, I'm not implying that you did either of these. just responding to the other posters comment.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
Grandeos
Automotive Designer

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
wow, sorry to hear about your loss. This seems to be the beginning of a horrible trend. This is the 3rd Camaro break-in reported on here in the past 2 days.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #13
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_FL View Post
I don't agree with the statement that it is someone they know...BUT...I do agree completely with your comment about turning down the radio when you drive through your neighborhood so you don't advertise. There's 2 things people do thats asking for your stereo to be stolen, 1) riding through your neighborhood stereo blairing 2) plastering large KENWOOD (or whatever brand stereo you have) stickers on your rear window.

DSV CHICK, sorry to hear about you being ripped off, as far as my above comment, I'm not implying that you did either of these. just responding to the other posters comment.
Sorry to hear of the loss also. Is this the same story that was posted earlier that mentioned they evidently came prepared to steal what they took. If so, it may not be someone the OP knows...makes me think it is at least someone they have driven by in the neighborhood or someone that followed them home...
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #14
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I AGREE 100%.

I have heard of people who know people who hang around stereo install shops to sneek around and findout where they live, what type of alarm if any? Believe me its somebody who knows you or knows who does.

Sinners are all over

Very Sorry for your loss.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote