Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 AM   #15
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
if i had the cash straight up, id buy a US camaro, i seriously get enraged when i look at the numbers and how the dollar is par and a company isnt even looking to get their product out and all around the same city its made in, ridiculous, Ford had my interest before but i always come back to the camaro, but if the 5.0 will be cheaper then id rather go to the company who didnt whine and moan for loans and then gouge its local customers....
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #16
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
If you are looking for something cheaper, you could get a Cobalt SS. Ford did whine and they did get their loans, only they did it about 2 years earlier than GM.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #17
Lfsabch

Drives: 2018 Camaro1ls
went back to see the dealer today, they gave me $1000 off invoice and GM employee pricing but nowhere in the math could i locate those two deals so ..... back to dreaming of owning a camaro

i asked my dealer if she had any idea as to why they are so much more expensive here, her reply was cause so many go to the states and have a bigger buying power, i looked at her and was like reallY?? thats how the executives decide>?? cause im sure if you lower our camaros down to $32000 for a 2ss they will sell here too!

if it wasnt for it being THE CAMARO, i wouldnt even look at GM(know alot of workers there and know some truths), but after todays visit to the dealer and to a few more threads on issues with the car and GM ignoring it, ive decided to go back to ford until GM gets their act together.
Lfsabch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #18
C FTPRNT
C- Footprint

Drives: black, ground effects 6.2 man SS
just go to the us

if i had it all to do over i would call a dealer in the us of a and drive it back. then i would buy a warantee. you still come out way ahead. and if you are planning on modding your gonna have headaches with a factory deal anyway.
Tint from Linear Auto Gass
C FTPRNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray200 View Post
The 2011 5.0 Mustang is about $10k cheaper than a brand new Camaro 2SS fully loaded, and its lighter and little bit quicker. I speced out a nicely equipped 2011 5.0 GT on the Ford.ca site, and it came out to $39k. Also, Ford Employee pricing might come into affect at some point in the summer. They'll have to respond in some way to offer rebates on the Camaro. When your biggest competitor is $10k cheaper with better performance numbers, you can't justify being more expensive for too long. They have to match.
$10K cheaper??? Where are you looking. They are priced almost exactly the same. And I am sure most discounts WILL NOT apply to the new Mustang for a while. As for lighter.....maybe, quicker...................nahhhhhhhhhhh
Old 05-18-2010, 08:21 AM   #20
rray200

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
$10K cheaper??? Where are you looking. They are priced almost exactly the same. And I am sure most discounts WILL NOT apply to the new Mustang for a while. As for lighter.....maybe, quicker...................nahhhhhhhhhhh
In Canada, its $10k cheaper. As far as the performance, do some research on the web. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and quarter mile times in the 12.7-12.9 range. Plus, its about 250 pounds lighter and dynoes at close to 400 HP at the wheels ( Camaro SS dynoes at 365-370 at the wheels).

I love the Camaro SS and its styling more. But the styling and looks alone are not worth an extra $10,000.
rray200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #21
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
In Canada, its $10k cheaper. As far as the performance, do some research on the web. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds and quarter mile times in the 12.7-12.9 range. Plus, its about 250 pounds lighter and dynoes at close to 400 HP at the wheels ( Camaro SS dynoes at 365-370 at the wheels).

I love the Camaro SS and its styling more. But the styling and looks alone are not worth an extra $10,000.
Ahhhhhhhh, NO! TAKE YOUR OWN ADVISE MY FRIEND. IT 0-60 IS EXACT TO THE CAMARO AT 4.6 SECONDS. And its 1/4 mile is 13.2 which is worse than the Camaro at 13.0. And since it is 412HP, there is NO WAY it Dyno's with only a 12HP difference at the wheels, that would be impossible Drive train loss numbers.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test

I love the way people skew numbers to make themselves feel better. I have no clue why they would be $10K more in Canada when GM builds the Camaro there????
Old 05-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #22
Cyber_Gray_Autobot

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Comparing the 2LT v6 to the Ford v6, there is not too much of a difference if you make the exact same comparison (ie security system, leather interior, rear park assist, upgraded interior package, HID....all these items are standard for the 2LT with the RS package). Maybe the Ford is about $3000 cheaper, but the Camaro is just a much better package and well worth the extra money. The Camaro looks a lot nicer.
Cyber_Gray_Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:31 PM   #23
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
The 2011 5.0 Mustang is about $10k cheaper than a brand new Camaro 2SS fully loaded, and its lighter and little bit quicker. I speced out a nicely equipped 2011 5.0 GT on the Ford.ca site, and it came out to $39k. Also, Ford Employee pricing might come into affect at some point in the summer. They'll have to respond in some way to offer rebates on the Camaro. When your biggest competitor is $10k cheaper with better performance numbers, you can't justify being more expensive for too long. They have to match.
Here's the sad truth they could care less amount matching FORD in Canada prices, they don't sell enough or have even close the market up there as they do here in the States. So yes they can justify it.