Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #1
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Speaking of clutches

I have 2011 2LT with 60,000 miles. I've noticed the clutch pedal resistance getting weaker and weaker.

This morning my transmission would engage after only letting the clutch pedal up for about 1 inch of travel. I also notice that with the clutch pedal fully released it was only coming back towards me about half way.

So later I took my hand and grabbed the clutch pedal and it freed to come back towards me the rest of the way. It then worked like normal so I dropped it off at the dealer this morning. Any speculation what it could be. I still have a couple months left on my powertrain warranty.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:41 AM   #2
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
Weak pressure plate/ fingers - bad slave cyclinder or complete clutch assembly at 60k is very likely ..clutch is a wear item like brakes and not covered by warranty usually ..just my opinion as to what it could be .. Good luck let us know what they find
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #3
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
The cylinder/pump is substandard from the factory and will grind gears on most vehicles and produce pedal fade on some. While confirmed by three dealers in Houston, none of them will touch it as it is "factory spec".

This is well documented in the clutch sub forum with several after market successful DIY's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRREVINTO7 View Post
..clutch is a wear item like brakes and not covered by warranty usually ..
The first Clutch is covered 100% between 0 and 12,000 miles. If you pop a second clutch, the dealer has to prove 'abuse' to deny the replacement and most likely wont. They will not replace a third under warranty.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:47 AM   #4
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
The clutch didn't act up again. The dealer changed the fluid in the clutch cylinder, but said everything looked good !!
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote