Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #2563
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I wonder if GTA had won, would PQ be saying "he had an unfair advantage... his car was built by Tom Henry Racing"?

This is always the way of things unless you have 2 identical cars with 2 drivers who are identical twins who have the exact same driving experience. Even then, one might say "he had the better lane."

I applaud both of you for having the guts to actually race for all to see. It made for a hilarious thread that was fun to follow and play in. It made the fest more exciting for a lot of us (even those of us who couldn't attend!) I wish you could have both won! You guys are great friends and I hope you'll continue to give us more friendly banter as next year's fest approaches. You both rock!

Well said, two very classy guys...and both funny as hell...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #2564
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Doug, you are welcome to bolt my wheels and tires on the back of your car and see how they look on it... Piano black F14's. Drive them around for a week or two and see how they handle... Bare in mind they are drag radials but the roll well on the street if the pressure is kept up around 32 psi...let me know...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Ok.

I LOVE my SLP custom painted wheels. But, I keep wanting to get larger wheels...widen them...you know, more TRACTION.

But, by the time I go through all the d@mn trouble of buying shipping painting switching tires scratching paint getting them fixed yadda yadda yadda (notice how it goes on and on...), maybe I should just get new wheels...LIGHTER wheels...stop modding for looks are start modding for performance. I mean hell, I LOVE the way it handles on the street and track already...and it looks good. But, those wheels look GREAT, I can get them in the size I'd like, AND they are lighter...(and I could probably paint them to match my car too... )

So, Chris...

You know what you need to do!

Those wheels were this dudes below me. Robert helped PQ win. I sense...something fishy going on here..."We'll gladly welcome you to the auto club and all..." Hrm...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 AM   #2565
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Doug, you are welcome to bolt my wheels and tires on the back of your car and see how they look on it... Piano black F14's. Drive them around for a week or two and see how they handle... Bare in mind they are drag radials but the roll well on the street if the pressure is kept up around 32 psi...let me know...

Doo EEt Doug.

And Chris - You really need to snag a set of dedicated Bogarts with drag radials for THR22. Or, get your 20's widened and put on a set of 305/315's. PZeros are just that for drag racing - zero traction. :( With all of the guys in the Jax club you should borrow a set just once to see/feel the difference.

But...they will make some really great black strips from your new garage to the road - and beyond.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #2566
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Foregeline + Nitto =
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #2567
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I wonder if GTA had won, would PQ be saying "he had an unfair advantage... his car was built by Tom Henry Racing"?

This is always the way of things unless you have 2 identical cars with 2 drivers who are identical twins who have the exact same driving experience. Even then, one might say "he had the better lane."

I applaud both of you for having the guts to actually race for all to see. It made for a hilarious thread that was fun to follow and play in. It made the fest more exciting for a lot of us (even those of us who couldn't attend!) I wish you could have both won! You guys are great friends and I hope you'll continue to give us more friendly banter as next year's fest approaches. You both rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Well said, two very classy guys...and both funny as hell...
You guys are too kind and very welcome. But, all of us make it fun. we have a great group of people here that makes it fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Doo EEt Doug.

And Chris - You really need to snag a set of dedicated Bogarts with drag radials for THR22. Or, get your 20's widened and put on a set of 305/315's. PZeros are just that for drag racing - zero traction. :( With all of the guys in the Jax club you should borrow a set just once to see/feel the difference.

But...they will make some really great black strips from your new garage to the road - and beyond.
Yeah, I'm doing the what do I do dance...

I want a nice set of "pretty" wheels for DD... and I'd like to get more serious about driving my car at the track... specifically AutoX... I could do a compromise and get good looking but heaver wheels with a semi performance tire... for everything... Or have two sets for dd and track days....

No matter what I do. I have to be able to drive my car to an event... so even if I get a track only set up... the tires will have to be driven to the event.... for me that's over 100 miles to a track...

I just don't have a plan for a tuck and trailer to go to the track at this time.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #2568
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
When we do track days, when we have done our benchmark testing we drive our test cars to and from the track. When the cars are not going to make a video run at the track, we drive them with the exact same wheels and tires we used at the track.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #2569
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
You guys are too kind and very welcome. But, all of us make it fun. we have a great group of people here that makes it fun.

Yeah, I'm doing the what do I do dance...

I want a nice set of "pretty" wheels for DD... and I'd like to get more serious about driving my car at the track... specifically AutoX... I could do a compromise and get good looking but heaver wheels with a semi performance tire... for everything... Or have two sets for dd and track days....

No matter what I do. I have to be able to drive my car to an event... so even if I get a track only set up... the tires will have to be driven to the event.... for me that's over 100 miles to a track...

I just don't have a plan for a tuck and trailer to go to the track at this time.

I can't do the truck and trailer thing either. That's why I got 20" wheels this time to drive on the street or track... drag or autocross. Also, I got the "compromise" drag radials so I would be reasonably safe if I got caught out in the rain with them. I suppose I could always get a set of 18s with MTs for the rear if I ever got really serious about drag times. But what I have now will let me give drag racing a try and they don't look too bad on the street.

I have spine problems and just can't be swapping wheels myself. It's cool that your new garage will have a lift. That will make it a lot easier for you to swap wheels for track days.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #2570
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
What would App. State be without Michigan?

Thanks for opening old wounds.....

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #2571
GTAHVIT
Blessed

thanks to Becky, Maureen and Joe from Rodgers Chevrolet.

And the garage warming gift is AWESOME!

Old 08-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #2572
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:

That is awesome, so how come....

the first thing you do is throw it all on the floor.... If you can't treat it any better than that, I'll come get it from you...

where's my spoon???

Old 08-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #2573
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

Sweet. Can't wait for next spring for the install.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #2574
GTAHVIT
Blessed

I didn't throw it on the floor!!!!

And I may even install it tonight!

Old 08-09-2011, 07:25 PM   #2575
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Becky and Joe are the absolute BEST!!!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #2576
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Nice!

Any drilling required?

Tags
gta has no internets, gta needs glasses, is there a car here?, mrs. gtahvit > gtahvit, they stay on the mantle, weak car needs more power