Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #29
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Pics....

LMAO

Nice find thanks for the post...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
mion2001
My Upgraded Life

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Got it here too, made an appointment with my dealer to have this fixed. Thanks for the information. It was about driving me nuts!!!
Old 10-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #31
etrigan

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black Camaro
Has anyone found a fix for the seatbelt lock version of this problem?

Before I figured out that the noise was coming from the seatbelt lock my dealer tried the seat lube fix. So the noise is absolutely coming from the seatbelt lock.

VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9106795

1100, Preliminary order accepted:10/13/08
6000, Del. to me:5/20/09
etrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #32
Bobbie10
Bobbie

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Same noise here. Definitely coming from the seatbelt. Driving me crazy. It's so embarrassing to have a brand new beautiful car that everyone wants to ride in or look at and I have squealing brakes, creaking seats and something rattling in my air vents. Not to mention the chipped paint on my fender that probably happened from a bug hitting it. The paint is so thin and easily chipped.
Bobbie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #33
joe.thompson25

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM A6
WorldClassRS - Thanks for this!!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #34
Stett

Drives: 11 IBM 1LTRS, '89 Firebird Formula
Hate to dig up an old post but I'm experiencing this issue on my 2011 1LT. I've had the car two days and it has 205 miles on it. Would have hoped that this would have been fixed somewhere in the line prior to delivery based on how long the problem has been going on, but i'll definately swing it by the dealer with a copy of the TSB
3000 - 7/28 - Order accepted by production control
3400 - 8/09 - Order broadcast
3800 - 8/17 - Order produced
9/02 - DELIVERED!
Stett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #35
turborenegade

Drives: 2011 2SS RS LS3 M6
my 2 day old 2ss rs m6 started the first day doing this. i am 46 yr old mechanical engineer by trade //all out gear head on the side. i could not believe it was this simple. so i did this tsb. and low and behold its fixed. now my question is this. this has been going on apparently for some time now. why have the gm engineers not address this problem. come on guys this is to simple to require seat frame manufacturer to do this at assy. i did not like just paying a choking wad for this car and 2 hrs later the seat starts popping and cracking. or creaking and moaning as tsb noted. the industry i work for quickly addresses issues like these and puts it place checks to verify it has been done. and we build multiple products for gm and they insist with us that we fix any issue's that come up. so why are they not doing anything on this problem. my car today is 2 days old. if you are experencing this problem this tsb will fix it. and it took me all of 3 minutes to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldClassRS View Post
xTooltipElement
Service Information
2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro (VIN F)Service Manual | View All Bulletins | Document ID: 2287946
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#09-08-50-009A: Scraping/Moaning/Creaking Noise from Front Seats (Apply Lubricant) - (Jun 4, 2009)

Subject: Scraping/Moaning/Creaking Noise from Front Seats (Apply Lubricant)

Models: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to add the driver's six-way power seat creak condition. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-50-009 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).

Condition
Some customers may comment about a scraping or moaning type noise coming from the front of the front seat track area. This condition occurs when the seat assembly is being cycled into the full forward position. Some customers may also comment about a creaking noise coming from the driver's six-way power seat when it is in the full rearward position. This condition only applies to six-way power seats.

Cause
This scraping or moaning condition may be caused by the seat position sensor (SPS) making contact with seat position sensor target bracket. This contact is made in the lead in area of the SPS. This contact area controls the function of the SPS. The drivers seat creaking condition may be caused by the lack of lubricant in the rear of the drivers seat track assembly.

Correction
The application of a lubricant to the contact area of the components will eliminate the noise. Use the following steps to apply lubricant to the seat position sensor target bracket, located on the inner seat track and to the rear of the drivers seat tracks.

Move the seat assembly to the rearmost position.
Locate the seat position sensor target bracket on the seat inboard track.
Passenger Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket Location

Passenger Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket

Driver Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket Location

Driver Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket

Apply a thin coating of Super Lube with PTFE, GM P/N 12371287 (in Canada, use P/N 10953437), or the equivalent, to the top and bottom of the driver and passenger seat position sensor target bracket. Coat the full length of the bracket and ensure the coating extends at least 10 mm (0.40 in) from the edge of the bracket as shown.
Cycle the seat to the full forward position and verify the concern is corrected.

With the drivers seat in the full forward position, locate the rear of the inboard and outboard seat tracks.

Using a small screwdriver, pry off the two seat track end caps.

Apply a thin coating of Super Lube with PTFE, GM P/N 12371287 (in Canada, use P/N 10953437), or the equivalent, to the front side of the two stop tabs identified by the arrows, as shown. Repeat the application on the second seat track.
Insure the lubricant covers the area where the lower stops make contact with the upper seat track stops.
Clean up any excess lubricant and reinstall the two seat track end caps.
Parts Information
Part Number
Description

12371287 (U.S.)

10953437 (Canada)
Super Lube with PTFE

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

C9892*
Lubricate Driver And Passenger Seat Position Sensor Bracket
0.2 hr

Add
Lubricate Power Seat Track
0.1 hr

* This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
turborenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #36
MikeZ28

Drives: '04 GTO, '00 Z28, '95 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by turborenegade View Post
this has been going on apparently for some time now. why have the gm engineers not address this problem. come on guys this is to simple to require seat frame manufacturer to do this at assy. i did not like just paying a choking wad for this car and 2 hrs later the seat starts popping and cracking. or creaking and moaning as tsb noted. the industry i work for quickly addresses issues like these and puts it place checks to verify it has been done.
In my experience it takes GM (and most car companies) seemingly forever to make permanent fixes or process changes to address known problems. They do a poor job enforcing quality from the suppliers (and themselves). If you hang out on car boards you'll see models with the same problems that don't get fixed year after year.

You'd think in the 21st century, they could build a car seat that doesn't squeak.
MikeZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #37
Stett

As a follow up to my visit with the dealer, I told them about the TSB but didn't physically have a printout... they said there was a problem with the power seat actuator and they had to order a new one...

It came in, but I havn't had time to swing by, maybe over the weekend or next. This time i'll bring a printout just in case.
9/02 - DELIVERED!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #38
mycamaroisred

Drives: 2010 camaro
Wow u all r stupid how about u check ur seatbelt part where u click it in.. If u wiggle it that will show u the problem.. I thought my seat was shot but it's just the female part of the seat belt hahahahha
mycamaroisred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #39
Stett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycamaroisred View Post
Wow u all r stupid how about u check ur seatbelt part where u click it in.. If u wiggle it that will show u the problem.. I thought my seat was shot but it's just the female part of the seat belt hahahahha
Appreciate the kind words. You're a very thoughtful individual and I just want to say .

As for the seatbelt issue, yes that's part of it, but the sound is coming from under on the seat at the track base. Am I supposed to go take my seat out and wrap a towel or dynamat around the base, to deaden a clanking sound which shouldn't be there in the first place?

I can understand if I bought a 10 year old beater for $500 bucks...

And the fact that the dealership stated they found a problem with the actuator itself indicates that they agree there is an actual defect.
9/02 - DELIVERED!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #40
jasonthigpen
JJT Loves His SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2 Midnight Blue
Same Thing Here

I've had my Camaro for just over 2 months now and every time I enter and exit the driver's seat, it makes creaking noises. I am returning to the dealer next week for a complementary oil change and to have another mysterious noise investigated! Hopefully it's the seat track and not some other problem. I love my camaro too much to deal with these annoying noises everyday. I can't justify spending 40k on something that's going to just piss me off.

Jason J.
jasonthigpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #41
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Mine just started creaking after almost 2 years. My noise is definitely from the seat belt latch though. I'm just going to put a drop of oil inside and work it around to see it that stops it.

Two different dealers took my front seats apart regarding the wrinkled leather problem and they still aren't right. The driver's seat has a plastic edge that is sewn into the leather. It kept slipping off the front and making the whole cushion loose. I finally just put some gorilla glue in the plastic track and slipped it on. Wasn't going to let them touch it a third time. The second "attempt" they gouged the plastic on the lower door sill when they took the seat out and had to order a new one. geez.
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #42
transamguy

Drives: 10 camaro LT(syn)
mine does it i expect nothing to fix it im a relativly big dude (6'2 230lbs) and i figure i already broke the seat frame my old 08 G6 just from wear and tear i do really miss the days of quality parts in GM cars my old 83 camaro seats dont even squeak
transamguy is offline   Reply With Quote