Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
perfucto

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Gforce Outlaw Axles with Pfadt Sway Bar Issue

I have a 2013 ZL1 with Gforce Outlaw axles. I am using Pfadt adjustable heavy duty sway bars front and rear. Due to the larger axles the rear sway bar is rubbing on each axle. I have found pictures with the same problem using DSS axles.
When I contacted Pfadt they said "I spoke to the engineers and since the vehicle has been modified we don’t have a solution for this issue.
The sway bar was made for the stock axles. We don’t want to recommend any modification that we have not tried in any of our vehicles".
Some have said to space the sway bar out about 3/4 of an inch other say not to.
Anyone experience this same problem, if so, what was the solution?
Attached Images

perfucto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #2
perfucto

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Solution:

Contacted Ted Jannetty and he came up with this solution. Thanks Ted for a solution many others couldn't come up with.
Took it to Jared Goodman at Hold Fast Metal Worx, Naples, Fl. did a great job.
Attached Images

perfucto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
Matt8892(2)

Drives: Black camaro 2ss 45th
That’s interesting. But hey, whatever works
Matt8892(2) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:00 PM   #4
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Doesn't look like it needs much strength on the end. 5min with a grinder to clearance off about 1/8" on that edge. Or cut and reweld...
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:18 PM   #5
SSTAT

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 1997SS NASA Road Racer
I had a similar problem on my 4th gen race car except it was to make room for brake cooling ducts. Not sure if it would work here but it looks like there is plenty of threaded rod, just add a half inch to an inch of washers below the bushing under the sway bar and move the entire sway bar ends up (toward you in the pics above I think). It will change the geometry a bit, might make the swaybar act a little stiffer but not enough to notice. Ive never actually looked at the swaybar set up on my 5th gen so I dont know if this is possible at all or not, but thought Id mention it.
SSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:39 AM   #6
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I have the same rear sway bar and had to remove it to install some rear suspension parts last year. Put it back on and went about my business. Happened to check it later and noticed the adjustable end was hitting the rear CV boot (stock axles). It must have gotten tweaked when I installed it because it never did that before. Anyway, I had to loosen the sway bar bushing brackets to rotate the bar out of the way for normal clearance and all is good.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote