Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2010, 08:05 AM   #239
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlozano7 View Post
On that note, if Eric ever raced his car, he might get better times at the 650 setting. Also, if he had a solid rear axle, he would do damage! Slap on some slicks and skinnies and watch that machine roar down the track!

Jordan, how bout that PM?
No solid axle needed,we have run 8s @154mph with our 8.8 gto kitts and our 9 inch is much much stronger..Great work guys Hendrix-Engineering is proud to see our name on this build....Coming that way next week maybe we can catch lunch............
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #240
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
More NZ1200!!!!
jmlozano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #241
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Aww boo! Why did this thread have to die? I mean I know the car is finished but I see it as a legacy that should be honored!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #242
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlozano7 View Post
Aww boo! Why did this thread have to die? I mean I know the car is finished but I see it as a legacy that should be honored!
I agree so I bumped it to keep it 'alive'.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #243
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I agree so I bumped it to keep it 'alive'.
Woo hoo! Bump!

So what is Eric doing with the car? Has he put it on the quarter yet?
Old 11-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #244
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
I think he has a contract restriction -- Eric Berry can't pilot a rocket during the season.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #245
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
so this car build is done??? are there any new pictures showing it all cleaned up and with all the parts on? if not thats ok there are more than enough pictures in the build. i will have to go watch the videos tonight at home.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #246
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
oh and how about anything for the V6 guys??? what could you do for us?

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #247
Jordan
Think Fast.

Drives: 2010 National Speed NZ1200 Camaro
Hey guys, apologies for the delay in updates and responses over the past month or so. Life at the shop became extremely hectic with this car running over on scheduled time, and it needing to get wrapped up and to Eric. Things are starting to get back to a stabilized level, and the NZ1200 has left on the truck en route to Kansas City.

A few pictures of the completed vehicle with Eric Berry's vehicle and wheel stripes, cleaned up and heading home;

The final Level-IV power setting dyno graph. 17psi, low ignition timing (15degrees), 11.5:1 air:fuel ratio across the loaded board, tuned for 91octane...

(between 1,290-1,300hp and 1,190-1,200ftlbs at the engine. So NZ1200 is a little underrated)

A few pictures of the photoshoot by Kyle McManus;

Flyin'...

Evil...

Work completed, testing completed, detail completed. Ready to roll...

Last ride in NZ1200, on the way to meet the transporter in a parking lot a mile away...

The transporter...

Ready to pull in...

Pulling in...

One last shot before she's sealed up...

Safe inside...

The car is en route to Kansas City. A couple National Speed personnel will be meeting the car at a dyno shop to ensure the tune is still precise with the atmospheric variance between 40ft above sea level (i.e. Wilmington) and 700-1,000ft above sea level (i.e. Kansas City). After that point, the car is being handed over to Eric, after a little information of how the car operates, and a test drive with a National Speed employee to illustrate the capabilities.

In closing, this was an incredible project to be involved with, and I had an absolute blast throughout the entire process, from conception to fruitation. NZ1200 is a colmination of many bright minds and skilled individuals working together towards one goal; build one insane sleeper street prowling, ass busting 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. I'd like to think we succeeded.

I want to extend a personal thanks to the following individuals and companies for their investment of both time, and expertise;

- The entire National Speed family that worked together on this project; Chris Polanski, Ben Salasko, Randy Haywood, John Faldzinski and Nick Tate.
- Chris Crawford. The National Speed technician that made this car come together with his skill and connections in the General Motors world.
- Jared Cullop at VPI Advisors. Jared's a great individual from both a personal and business perspective. Jared was an essential component in making Eric Berry's NZ1200 happen.
- Shawn and Ed at Virginia Speed. Without Shawn's expertise and his perfect engine in this car, NZ1200 wouldn't be half the animal it is. When you need a powerful, precise and reliable engine, look no further than Shawn Miller at Virginia Speed. I can't give enough thumbs up to these guys, outstanding individuals.
- Pete Basica at Pedders USA. When NZ1200 needed to handle like a super car, and outperform the competition, the only people I trusted with that goal are the fine people at Pedders USA. Pete Basica, Deb Basica and Jacie Clapper run an excellent business, and came through for us with this project big time.
- Thomas Hendrix at Hendrix Engineering. His input on the rear-end components for NZ1200 was crucial, as was his product that ended up in the rear of this car. His components helped support the bullet-proof consistency of the drivetrain. Great guy, great product and great support.
- Carl Rossler at Rossler Transmission. Carl Rossler and a 4L80E transmission. Say no more.
- Guy Atherton at HRE Wheels. Guy is known for going above and beyond with his service, and ensuring that quality is always first. When we needed custom wheels for this build, he was the only one to trust the project to. They came out beautifully, on time and as promised.
- John Marcella at Marcella Manifolds. Say no more, the Marcella intake manifold is NZ1200's crown on the engine. Beautiful form and beautiful function alike.
- Sebastian Domingo at NLR Systems. His AMS1000 boost controller is the heart of NZ1200's Variable Power On Demand system, and it works perfectly (as anyone who knows about NLR's quality could already tell you).
- Nick Williams. For his great performing 102mm throttle body.
- Joe at ProTorque. He designed one hell of a torque converter for us, the unit worked perfectly and as described. Awesome service and product as always.
- Lonnie Pavtis at Lonnies Performance. His fuel tank design met the fuel demands of NZ1200, and did so in an OEM-like manner. We couldn't ask for me, excellent product and service.
- Jake Niergarth at TiAL Sport. We wouldn't have any other blow-off valves or wastegates on this car, superb product and service.
- Patrick Rubio at Precision Turbo. For taking care of us with the turbochargers we needed to make NZ1200 come alive.
- The countless others involved. I apologize if I left anyone off, it was not intentional, but if you were involved in any way, thank you.

I hope you all enjoyed the process, and I want to thank you all for being part of the project as well.

Stay tuned for many more National Speed projects to come.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #248
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Great job BEST Camaro build I have seen thus far
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:52 AM   #249
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

You can tell from the quantity of posts I have made on this thread that I simply LOVE this Machine (no longer just a 'car'). However, my keen eye spotted some thing a bit off on the fifth to last photo (the rear of the car) and I hope you guys address this before delivery.

I noticed that the exhaust tips are noticeably out of position in relation to the rear diffuser exhaust ports. I would hate to see something like this, with all of the attention to detail for the rest of the vehicle, to go unnoticed. I know you guys make a quality car and I hope you address this issue before Eric gets his hands on it. With as much symmetry that goes into this vehicle, I believe anyone would expect the same on a simple aesthetic such as the exhaust tips.

All in all, I love the work y'all do! Keep it up!

Oh yeah, you guys should post up the next NZ1200 you guys build and post a link to it on the first post of this thread when it happens.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:32 AM   #250
xx_ED_xx

Drives: 04 Silverado
Glad I wasnt the only one to see that.
xx_ED_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #251
Jordan
Think Fast.

Drives: 2010 National Speed NZ1200 Camaro
We appreciate the kind words.

The exhaust on the left side of the vehicle needs a new rubber hanger, I'm not sure how, but it's stretched. We noticed it while we were loading, but there's obviously nothing we could do about it on the spot. We plan to correct it while the tune verification is being done in Kansas City.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #252
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan at National Speed View Post
We appreciate the kind words.

The exhaust on the left side of the vehicle needs a new rubber hanger, I'm not sure how, but it's stretched. We noticed it while we were loading, but there's obviously nothing we could do about it on the spot. We plan to correct it while the tune verification is being done in Kansas City.
I knew you guys wouldn't pass it up. :-)