Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-28-2015, 10:12 PM   #71
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Does it really matter anyway? Both the Camaro and Vette are awesome machines! Either one will be the piss out of most cars on the road today, stock for stock! Having said that the Camaro, OMG , what a machine that GM has built, this thing will go and kicjk some serious butt. High five to the Camaro team!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 10:50 PM   #72
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
1 car samples of each, far from statistically significant (that requires 30) shows HP within 1%. Not much to conclude except they are both LT1s coming off the same manufacturing tools with only slight differences are delivering as everyone should have expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I guess no one thought about the fact that these two cars have completely different drivetrains or that the difference in power could actually be a variance in engine output of one engine vs the other.
Within 1% and different drivetrains. I also see no significant difference in engine output between the two. The most that has been proven is that the Camaro might have a more efficient drivetrain.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:02 AM   #73
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Great comparison and Thanks for doing it. I am surprised nobody else has thought of it, but now how about a comparison between the Camaro and Corvette both with the A8. I think that would be just as interesting.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #74
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Wow, awesome. Thanks for the vid!

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #75
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
GM had to make the Camaro perform like this......Gives the Vette guys a reason to run out and buy the New one, which will have more HP of course.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:09 PM   #76
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Camaro View Post
Performance exhaust or no? Did you test a difference between the exhaust activated and not?
Both had NPP, both were in track mode. We didn't test them in both modes.

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:17 PM   #77
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
If Chevy feels that the gt350 is too close to the performance of the Corvette they will just add a few more hp, wider or different compound tires(easily done), tweak gear ratios, or find a way to take a bit more weight out.
GM did amazing things with the C6 and will do the same with the C7.
Chevy will never make the Corvette a direct competitor to the Mustang. At least, not while the Camaro is around. It won't take much tooling for the Camaro to beat the GT350. Its not far off already just in the SS form. Even at that, JDP will soon have our 1SS beating the brakes off those cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Does it really matter anyway? Both the Camaro and Vette are awesome machines! Either one will be the piss out of most cars on the road today, stock for stock! Having said that the Camaro, OMG , what a machine that GM has built, this thing will go and kicjk some serious butt. High five to the Camaro team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
Great comparison and Thanks for doing it. I am surprised nobody else has thought of it, but now how about a comparison between the Camaro and Corvette both with the A8. I think that would be just as interesting.
My 1SS A8 will be here in March. Maybe we can make this happen. Stay Tuned!!

Thanks for the interest in this thread, Folks! We knew you guys would love to see this information. We also knew it would be met with lots of opinions and we love each and every opinion that is out there. We hear you!!

All the best,

Jared Royce
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:38 PM   #78
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Same motor, but the Camaro comes with shorty headers stock and a more efficient chassis. All within the margin of error, but expected IMO. Camaro's with the same motor typically have out-dynoed the Corvette. But we know what happens when they line up The 6th Gen continues to impress.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #79
daytonagary

Drives: 1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
GM had to make the Camaro perform like this......Gives the Vette guys a reason to run out and buy the New one, which will have more HP of course.
LOL with the Camaro getting the same engine as Corvette then other than maybe one or the other has more efficient exhaust or less drive line power loss they are going to put out the same power. but that power + or - has nothing to do with the real world on track performance since the Corvette has hundreds of pounds less weight and much better front to back weight distribution (perfect 50-50 for Corvette) the Corvette wins every time when it comes down to a side by side road or drag race. I have C7 now and will have new Camaro come spring when more of the options are available to order on the car. And with the fantastic engine putting smooth torque down throughout its power band it will be a total joy to drive both cars. Will keep the vette for special occasion driving as it gets much more attention than a Camaro with only a few Corvettes out there compared to the hundreds of Camaro's in town. But will sure enjoy driving the every day driver the Camaro will be just as much. I think Chevrolet sure outdid themselves with the Cadillac suspension and Corvette engine and Corvette electronics in dash, etc. in the Camaro so sure will be interesting to see how they ever can improve for the next generation down the road. Every time I get into the Corvette it just amazes me even after 7000 miles and I expect the Camaro to do the same every day.
daytonagary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #80
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
Same motor, but the Camaro comes with shorty headers stock and a more efficient chassis. All within the margin of error, but expected IMO. Camaro's with the same motor typically have out-dynoed the Corvette. But we know what happens when they line up The 6th Gen continues to impress.
Is Alpha really more advanced than the C7 though?

I mean it's good..but..?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:21 PM   #81
E-Ray

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
LOL with the Camaro getting the same engine as Corvette then other than maybe one or the other has more efficient exhaust or less drive line power loss they are going to put out the same power. but that power + or - has nothing to do with the real world on track performance since the Corvette has hundreds of pounds less weight and much better front to back weight distribution (perfect 50-50 for Corvette) the Corvette wins every time when it comes down to a side by side road or drag race. I have C7 now and will have new Camaro come spring when more of the options are available to order on the car. And with the fantastic engine putting smooth torque down throughout its power band it will be a total joy to drive both cars. Will keep the vette for special occasion driving as it gets much more attention than a Camaro with only a few Corvettes out there compared to the hundreds of Camaro's in town. But will sure enjoy driving the every day driver the Camaro will be just as much. I think Chevrolet sure outdid themselves with the Cadillac suspension and Corvette engine and Corvette electronics in dash, etc. in the Camaro so sure will be interesting to see how they ever can improve for the next generation down the road. Every time I get into the Corvette it just amazes me even after 7000 miles and I expect the Camaro to do the same every day.

I Agree the Corvette does get more attention, but sometimes that can be a bad thing. Most times I drove my Grand Sport, someone in another vehicle wanted to race or just harass me. I have never driven the C7, but my C6 was a bit more nimble around the corners than my Camaro SS. But the power/torque is as much. I would compare my 2016 Camaro SS very close, if not even to my 2013 Grand sport Corvette.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
E-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 02:58 PM   #82
Dinosoar

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
Well that should shut up the haters, nice vid!!! Thanks for doing this for us.
Does anyone hate this car??? Even Mustang boys (guilty) have to love what this car is. If they hate it, then they merely hate their cars for falling so short.
Dinosoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #83
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
Nice,does anyone know the weight diff.between the two?
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #84
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWMAN View Post
Nice,does anyone know the weight diff.between the two?
2016 Camaro SS manual (base) is listed by GM as 3685
2016 Corvette manual (base) is listed by GM as 3298
(Options change the actual weight, hence "base")

Difference = 387 lbs

Camaro SS weighs 11.7% more than Corvette. With that, the Camaro SS needs about 53.4 more rated horsepower and torque to equal the power/weight ratio of the Corvette.

Last edited by ALLTRBO; 12-29-2015 at 04:14 PM.
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6th gen camaro, corvette c7, dyno, jdp motorsports