Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
SS emblem for heritage grille

What reasonably priced SS emblem will work on the heritage grille? I've looked at several eBay choices and have found reproduction SS emblems with backing plates and speed nuts for 67-69 Camaros that look like they'll go over the V at the front of the grille, for under $30. Does anyone know if these will work satisfactorily? And if so, how hard is it to get your hands behind the grille (obviously without removing the grille/bumper assembly again) to put the SS emblem on?
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
EmblemPros!

http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/3448/26100

I have this item in red on mine. It's not hard to install; I did it! You have to take the plate off the top of the radiator. It's just pushpin thingies...or was it screws...? Whatever it was, it was easy.

Tara

Tara Martin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
kansjfr

Looks good, and it comes in red which is good since I have a 2SS 1LE with the RS package. What keeps the backing plate in the grille, though? It'd have to have another backing plate on it behind the grille to keep it from falling out, wouldn't it? Also, does the emblem just stick to the backing plate with double sided tape?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
http://www.sparksrestorations.com/

Here's another option if you want to keep a modern look. They are more expensive though.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
kansjfr

You're right, those are nice (but expensive!).
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Emblempros
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
SS_Los

Drives: 2011 CGM 1SS L99
I used the stock emblem and ordered the bracket from emblempros designed specifically for the stock emblems on the heritage grill http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/23108. Very happy with their products. Everything under 30 bucks
Attached Images

SS_Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #8
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklapike View Post
http://www.sparksrestorations.com/

Here's another option if you want to keep a modern look. They are more expensive though.
You ain't kidding, expensive! Sparks is proud of their stuff; looks like quality, but out of my price range.

Tara

Old 05-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #9
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansjfr View Post
Looks good, and it comes in red which is good since I have a 2SS 1LE with the RS package. What keeps the backing plate in the grille, though? It'd have to have another backing plate on it behind the grille to keep it from falling out, wouldn't it? Also, does the emblem just stick to the backing plate with double sided tape?
I think I remember it having twistie nuts on the back, but I know for sure. It was quick and simple, though. Yes the "SS" has double sticky on the back. If you buy the SS with backing plate, you have the option of them placing them, so there's no chance of messing up placement. I bought two more S's and replaced the bowtie on the back. Photos in my garage...

Tara