Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #57
nosekb

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I don't have a paint chip problem yet but I do have a problem with the drivers door. When shut the door sits in 1/4 inch past the bottem panal. Does anyone else have this issue
nosekb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkendrick View Post
ok so i have a 1lt rs in victory red and i live in pennsylvania. my car is garrage kept and i have never driven the car in the snow but i have driven on roads a day or two after they are plowed and cleared but in this state they cinder the road. so we finally started getting nice days here in Pa and i decided to spend a day and detail the car. i power washed
You pressure-washed your car?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #59
jvcaparo

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1969 General Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvcaparo View Post
I have 2K on my Camaro and I did not drive it in the PA winter after the first snow fall because the car is not good in the wet snow, so I washed it and put it away. Last month during one of our short nice days I hand washed it as described in a post from this great site. I clay bared and waxed the car and I found some chips in the gill areas and I am not happy. I picked up touch-up paint today from the dealer today and I mentioned the chips, but he did not let on if he knows of the problem. He may not know of the problem because he has only sold 3 Camaros. I will stop in to show him the chips this week when it stops raining.
I would be interested in the 3M film. Do you think the dealer would supply it?
I can install it, since I did the stripes.
Update: The dealer gave me the run around. Did not know anything about any complaints and said he would look into it; that was 4 months ago. I talked to other owners and it seems like it is a bigger problem on the larger tires, although the steel wheel model has a few chips and he drives it in the winter.
I do not know, we need to keep the pressure on GM.
jvcaparo is offline   Reply With Quote