Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #29
rawj7
U.S. ARMY Aviation Mech

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS 6 Speed
Miss Leading Post. NO Insider info. All I read was BLA, BLA, BLA
Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 AM   #30
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I thought the article would have insider information but he was just giving his opinion just like the rest of us. Everybody keeps talking about this heavy weight 2 ton car not being able to take on whatever Ford and Dodge throw at us. Pedders and Pfadt have already shown that with the right suspension pieces the current 5th Gen. Camaro will destroy GT 500's, Boss 302's and it can hang right in there Z06 Corvettes. This HP Edition Camaro will have the balls to take on whatever dares to challenge it for supremacy and that is why it should be named Z28.
For the record they havent shown it will best the Boss 302 cause the Boss 302 isnt even in production yet, it has only been announced...i think people are kinda jumping the gun on this whole issue, getting way ahead of themselves. Whatever this car is called it will be an amazing super Camaro, but i believe a Z/28 should rival a Boss 302, not the trim above it. Call this car whatever, ive suggested 1LE because it has Camaro heritage as a high performance name and is rather catchy, or ZR2 would work amazingly, or even one of my favorites, Z/13 haha, lucky lucky ;-) but a Z/28 it should not be. I feel like everyone jumped the gun on this car including GM, they were too quick to throw the Z/28 name on it and now everyone feels like they'd be let down if GM changed their rumors...not their minds...their rumors LOL. But when GM named the car they didnt know Ford would show up with a Boss otherwise this car would have been rumored as named something else from the start and nobody would be complaining because the thought of it being called Z/28 wouldnt have ever been suggested.

As ive stated before, just because this trim might not be called Z/28 doesnt mean there wont be a Camaro named Z/28. You'll get your Z, just be patient and let it be done right rather than hurrying GM into something that doesnt make total sense

...besides if THIS car was called Z/28, and GM put out a car to rival the Boss and called it something other than Z/28 then everyone would get their panties in a bunch over that as well, so GM's kinda screwed either way if you ask me LOL
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
"silly" huh....we'll see...

While this all is just pure speculation, when and if this Camaro arrives, I'll bet you it won't be called "ZL" anything.
+3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
For the record they havent shown it will best the Boss 302 cause the Boss 302 isnt even in production yet, it has only been announced...i think people are kinda jumping the gun on this whole issue, getting way ahead of themselves. Whatever this car is called it will be an amazing super Camaro, but i believe a Z/28 should rival a Boss 302, not the trim above it. Call this car whatever, ive suggested 1LE because it has Camaro heritage as a high performance name and is rather catchy, or ZR2 would work amazingly, or even one of my favorites, Z/13 haha, lucky lucky ;-) but a Z/28 it should not be. I feel like everyone jumped the gun on this car including GM, they were too quick to throw the Z/28 name on it and now everyone feels like they'd be let down if GM changed their rumors...not their minds...their rumors LOL. But when GM named the car they didnt know Ford would show up with a Boss otherwise this car would have been rumored as named something else from the start and nobody would be complaining because the thought of it being called Z/28 wouldnt have ever been suggested.

As ive stated before, just because this trim might not be called Z/28 doesnt mean there wont be a Camaro named Z/28. You'll get your Z, just be patient and let it be done right rather than hurrying GM into something that doesnt make total sense

...besides if THIS car was called Z/28, and GM put out a car to rival the Boss and called it something other than Z/28 then everyone would get their panties in a bunch over that as well, so GM's kinda screwed either way if you ask me LOL
Haven't there been several reviews of the Boss in several rags'?

Though I like the though of 1LE, for me, it's not as good an idea, just like ZL1, becauese that name may be even less recognizable. ZR2 was a suspension package on the generation before this one's S10, wasn't it? I think before that, it was a C3 option, too, but it still has no connection to me.

Why try to be cleaver when there's an obvious name that's been nearly continuous through the entire CAMARO history?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #32
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
I've got it! ZR549...wait that's BR549..that one might get past the younger folks in here...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #33
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
I've got it! ZR549...wait that's BR549..that one might get past the younger folks in here...
Right over my head - my apologies, lol.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #34
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I get what the article says... and follow the logic...

BUT...

I just don't see another trim level after the Z28/HPE...

I'm on the Z28 bandwagon and the marketing potential that comes from using it.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I get what the article says... and follow the logic...

BUT...

I just don't see another trim level after the Z28/HPE...

I'm on the Z28 bandwagon and the marketing potential that comes from using it.
I have the very same opinion on the subject.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #36
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
"silly" huh....we'll see...

While this all is just pure speculation, when and if this Camaro arrives, I'll bet you it won't be called "ZL" anything.
Read my post again please...
I didn't say the camaro would come as a ZL1 or even should in my opinion.

It is silly saying a multi-billion dollar company can't use a name it started because a much, much smaller aftermarket company has rights to it. If Gm had the desire they could use ZL1 and I'm sure that SLP would sell any rights they have. I am not syaing they will or they should, I'm just saying they can and by saying they can't, people are being silly.
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:57 PM   #37
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviticus88 View Post
Read my post again please...
I didn't say the camaro would come as a ZL1 or even should in my opinion.

It is silly saying a multi-billion dollar company can't use a name it started because a much, much smaller aftermarket company has rights to it. If Gm had the desire they could use ZL1 and I'm sure that SLP would sell any rights they have. I am not syaing they will or they should, I'm just saying they can and by saying they can't, people are being silly.
OH STOP BEING SILLY!

The length of this discussion is bordering being silly!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #38
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
I have been bouncing back and forth on the proposed name but I will say again, I will buy what ever this top dog Camaro is as long as it's not in the CTS-V price range. I have been waiting for the Z/28 because I thought it would be the top model, if it's not, I'll buy whatever is the top model.

I think that GM has a lot in store for us because while we are all interested in the Z/28, we have totally forgotten about the proposed twin turbo six that will eventually come out to do battle with fords ecoboost v6 that will eventually find it's way to the mustang. It may or may not happen on this 5th Gen. platform. The new 5th Gen. v8 engines will also be out soon, and I think they will debut in the 5 Gen. Camaro and then be a carryover to the 6th Gen. Camaro especially if they come out in 2015 or later.

I think we have already seen the preview of the track pack Camaro (Z/28) to battle the boss 302 in the SSX (minus the wing and roll bars of course) that Chevy showed @ SEMA. The parts are there for such an animal, cammed 6.2 v8 with suspension upgrade with a little weight reduction. If GM does not want to use coil overs on the production car then the suspension work that GM has been doing with the hyper Camaro can be used on a lesser model without the engine and become the new track pack (Z/28) easily plus a little engine tweaking on the LS3 to better to compete with the boss and the 392 hemi. As for the GT500 Cobra, the proposed "HP" edition Camaro will no doubt be the answer from what we have been seeing so for.

Again, this is ONLY my speculation on the future and nothing else. GM has only about a 6-8 year window to get these high horsepower cars on the street before regulations make it harder to produce and they become very limited models which will depend on high economy car sales to make these viable in the future.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM   #39
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
It's hard to follow Camaro heritage when there has never been a Camaro like this 5th Gen. It would be hard to stand there with a straight face and call a 2 ton, 550+HP, $50k+ Camaro a Z28. But then again what formula should it follow? Gen 1 is out the window there but one would think some of the under 200hp Z's from the 70's or being just a base V8 on the 4th Gen would have tarnished the Z Image enough that it could appear on anything Camaro. ZL1 is taken but could have also been a fit.

Personally I think GM should come up with something new. It's not an F-body anymore and doesn't share a line with the Firebird so it's ok to try and create some new heritage.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:23 PM   #40
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
It WILL be called Z28
Read the slip up on post #4 on this thread.
I think that poster has an advantage that we don't.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #41
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post

You are 100% correct that that our not yet built Camaro HPE has not yet been able to compete against the not yet built Boss 302. Obviously I got carried away in all of the hype going back and forth about the forth coming name. For very sentimental reasons as opposed to factual reasons I would prefer the Camaro HPE to be named Z28.So I will take a step back and let the powers to be make a sensible name for the new Camaro that like Fbodfather said will please some and not please others. It is too bad that the name Millennium Falcon has already been taken.

Last edited by OldJedi; 01-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #42
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
What about another iconic (previously corvette) code. ZR1?????