Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 10-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #29
camarodad

Drives: camaro
I cant wait till these come out, im gonna get my order in.
camarodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #30
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
No
Old 10-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #31
Casey

Drives: 2003 Cavalier... :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
No
Awesome, thanks!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM   #32
Jack
Just Jack

Drives: '71 SS, Forest Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSS View Post
http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/re...ria/aveo.shtml

Is this an accurate representation of the new Aveo? If so, it will be a hot little car.
Let me just say that if this Bel Air ever comes to market, I would sell every other car I have (except my Camaro-maybe even) and buy this bad boy. I owned a fully restored '57 hardtop and you can just see the tribute lines in there. I'd be just as much of a maniac about this new rendition as I was about the original. Fan-freakin-tastic design GM.

Jack
Delivered 6/5
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #33
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
To those of you noticing the specs and pics on that GM Inside News link posted, those cars were all made by a couple of members at GMI for their "GM Revitalization in Action" project. So dont get your hopes up from those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #34
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Are those legit concepts from GM? Anyone see the 600hp ls7 and 750 hp LS9?!
I would be mortally pissed if the camaro gauges were found in another car, i hope they dont start doing the partsbin bs that dodge does
NVM the pontiac g8 just clearly shows how old that page mustve been
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #35
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
To those of you noticing the specs and pics on that GM Inside News link posted, those cars were all made by a couple of members at GMI for their "GM Revitalization in Action" project. So dont get your hopes up from those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Are those legit concepts from GM? Anyone see the 600hp ls7 and 750 hp LS9?!
I would be mortally pissed if the camaro gauges were found in another car, i hope they dont start doing the partsbin bs that dodge does
NVM the pontiac g8 just clearly shows how old that page mustve been
Not from GM. Someones view/hope of what is coming
Old 10-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #36
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Nope!

That picture (the white car) looks like a version of the Cruze which is a world car -- the back of the blue one, however, does not.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #37
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
lol cant wait for the vert, but Talking to Zhawk today (was home sick) & I have to finish college before he even think about letting us buy another car lol.

That means I have to start college as well.

OH WELL glad we are looking at a vert soon.

Thanks Sue

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #38
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
No intentions of throwing this thread off topic, but wow, talk about a fleet of head turning cars. I love pretty much every single one of those concept images...Corvette front end could maybe use a little tweaking but I'm still liking it!

Now I know most of, if not all of those (cept for the Camaro of course! lol) will not make it to production as show there (example: the production Volt is way different)....but I still like em!!

Well -- let me say this -- none of them are accurate -- one or two might be close --

But Cobalt? Nope. Cruze replaces the Cobalt.............

......but let me also say that the dealers loved what they saw. (and dealers are never shy about telling us when we don't have it right...)

Now: we need to get 'em to market as quickly as possible -- because no manufacturer is 'standing still'

Two thoughts:

If you have a chance to test drive:

>the new Equinox
>the Terrain
>the new LaCrosse

-- please do. I think you are going to be very pleasantly surprised.

And frankly? The Equinox may be -- dollar for dollar -- the best automotive buy out there -- perhaps that's why we're putting on a THIRD shift at the assembly plant -- we can't keep 'em in stock.

Now -- if we could just get the economy back on the right track.......
Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #39
CommandoSS

Drives: 05 Chevy Avalanche, 67 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Well -- let me say this -- none of them are accurate -- one or two might be close --

But Cobalt? Nope. Cruze replaces the Cobalt.............

......but let me also say that the dealers loved what they saw. (and dealers are never shy about telling us when we don't have it right...)

Now: we need to get 'em to market as quickly as possible -- because no manufacturer is 'standing still'

Two thoughts:

If you have a chance to test drive:

>the new Equinox
>the Terrain
>the new LaCrosse

-- please do. I think you are going to be very pleasantly surprised.

And frankly? The Equinox may be -- dollar for dollar -- the best automotive buy out there -- perhaps that's why we're putting on a THIRD shift at the assembly plant -- we can't keep 'em in stock.

Now -- if we could just get the economy back on the right track.......

What other cars were on display besides the camaro vert? Anything that consumers haven't seen yet?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #40
SISTEROFTOMHENRYRACING

Drives: 67 Red RS convertible, 04 Corvette
If you read my first thread starter, we saw the Orlando, new Malibu, new Aveo, Volt, Cruze, and Equinox. Aveo is so hard to describe, and Scott is right, none of the pics do it justice. It's lower, a little wider, and has sort of a tail on the back of the hatch. The orange metallic color made it look great, but there was no interior in it. Cruze looks to be a great replacement for the Cobalt, Orlando looks to be a good suv/van crossover.
Responding to the question about the Camaro boot, it seemed solid, not a soft boot. Matched the interior color and looked like a good fit, not much space betw it and seat back.
Michael Simcoe, the design head for new products, was very enthusiastic about everything he presented. I have e-mailed him since the show, and he responded promptly, which is impressive considering the job that he has. He even told us that there is/will be a Cruze Cup Race Series in Europe.
We also heard word of a possible new Impala, but there were no photos or other hints. Sorry about the lack of photos, but it would have been impossible to produce!
SISTEROFTOMHENRYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #41
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Looking forward to purchasing a 2011 or 2012 convertible I was told no more new cars this year (2) is enough
Old 10-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #42
thejoker1232

Drives: furture 1LT synergy green camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to thejoker1232
can you tell us what kind of top the convert had? i am interested.
thejoker1232 is offline   Reply With Quote