Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #1
Camarofan01

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Camaro Vibration...frustrated.

Hello -

First post here I've owned (2nd owner) my 2017 Camaro SS 3 months now. Had a blast with it so far, but getting frustrated with a vibration issue that the Chevy Dealer close to me has been unable to diagnose.

While accelerating, at any speed, or maintaining speed by having my foot on the gas or using cruise control, my Camaro has short vibrations. The entire car vibrates for 2-3 seconds, then stops, then a few seconds later it vibrates again. It's not a vibration that make the car wobble violently, but it's like running over the rumble stripes on the shoulder of the road, but lighter.

If I step off the gas peddle or shut off cruise control while the vibration is occurring, it stops immediately. If I driving fast enough and let off the gas and coast for a bit, it doesn't happen.

Another observation is that the car will drive for a bit with no vibration, but once the first vibration happens, it continues to happen frequently.

Not sure if I am going crazy, but it seems like when the vibration occurs, the RPM pointer jumps slightly, then goes back down when the vibration ends.

Pretty sure it's not the tires since the vibration doesn't occur when I let of the gas and coast.

The usual karma, the dealership said they didn't feel the vibration while driving it.

It's getting to the point where I'm not enjoying driving this car because the vibration happens on and off pretty much every time I drive it now.

Any guesses as to what is going on? Or ideas I can suggest to the dealership to check?

Thank you!
Camarofan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
Machh5
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Automatic or manual? If its auto your torque converter clutch is slipping.
Machh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Sounds like the "shudder" effect..
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=527133
Old 09-29-2020, 11:18 PM   #4
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
I don't know about the new Camaros, but at the 5 gen. the vibration problem occurred in connection with the drive shaft.

Check hardy clutches and drive shaft bearing.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 11:34 PM   #5
ACEPA
3 Camaro man!

Drives: Camaro 2.0 T
I had the same thing just start on my 2018 2.0Turbo 6th gen. The car is amazing I installed a mishimoto air intake at 500 miles it ran fine to 2,000 miles and 2 years old then on the expressway one day under light acceleration the vibration started. It only vibrates under acceleration and disappear at light cruise speed or deceleration. I don't know if it is engine related or drive chain. Being I drive my car in China I am reluctant to take it to my local dealer.
ACEPA is offline   Reply With Quote