Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 04-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #393
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
1st Evan Smith and now Steph93lx ... sooner or later the denial is going to have to stop.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 11:42 AM   #394
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
1st Evan Smith and now Steph93lx ... sooner or later the denial is going to have to stop.
Denial about the Mustang running these amazing tune and tire "only" 10s? Or the denial that despite a refresh and 25 more horsepower the Mustang still isn't as fast as the Camaro?

It seems strange that a car which supposedly can run a 11.9-12.1 completely stock and "feels" so much faster than the SS suddenly loses power and time in the hands of Motor Trend. And Car and Driver. Once the Mustang is placed in a standard test with correction factors and test equipment it magically becomes slower. Explain that to me.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:20 PM   #395
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I saw this in Fraxum’s thread and thought it tied into your Evan comment and denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I went to Atco last night....

Finally a break in the weather. It seemed humid and everyone's MPHes were down, but the DA was pretty good at around +300.

... there was a white 2018 base A10 GT with 3.55 gears. He said before he ran he was hoping for an 11.8. But his first run was like a 12.5@115. Welcome to my club. I think the car had only 200 miles on it, another member of the Temp Tag Racing Club! He also said he will be back soon after slapping on a Paxton.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 01:37 PM   #396
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
It seems strange that a car which supposedly can run a 11.9-12.1 completely stock and "feels" so much faster than the SS suddenly loses power and time in the hands of Motor Trend. And Car and Driver. Once the Mustang is placed in a standard test with correction factors and test equipment it magically becomes slower. Explain that to me.
the same reasons Motor Trend and Car and Driver cant run 11.9-12.1 in a Camaro. Who claimed the Mustang felt faster than the Camaro?
Old 04-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #397
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I saw this in Fraxum’s thread and thought it tied into your Evan comment and denial.
not sure of your point with this? Are you saying that because one driver/car runs X time that no other driver/car can be faster? because every fast list ever created disagrees with you
Old 04-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #398
Chadicus

Quote:
the same reasons Motor Trend and Car and Driver cant run 11.9-12.1 in a Camaro. Who claimed the Mustang felt faster than the Camaro?
Those tests are done using standardized atmospheric conditions. Billly Bob Jim Ray running a 10.9 on a tune and tire only is bullshit. Plenty of your boys over M6G are saying how much faster the Mustang feels and blah blah.

Problem is except for these magic runs the Mustang has not actually performed better than a Camaro at anything. Not one single thing. It's slower everywhere. Has been since Sept 2015. If you want to believe the BS that's your right. Just please stop spouting this shit over and over. It's slower. It's heavier. It's going to get even more expensive with the Tariffs on Chinese transmissions...

If you think those magic track times are believable then step up to the plate and buy one.
Old 04-07-2018, 04:02 PM   #399
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
not sure of your point with this? Are you saying that because one driver/car runs X time that no other driver/car can be faster? because every fast list ever created disagrees with you
I found it interesting that the owner of a new GT A10 arrived at Atco and expecting to run the Evan Smith number of 11.8 but left with 12.5.

Recall after Evan’s run the inrush of Mustang fans laying that down as the marker? The GT had only been out 2 weeks so it was just going to keep getting better. Hurt a lot of feelings? After all, the SS peaked at 11.9 after 2 years.

You commented that “sooner or later the denial is going to have to stop” while referencing Evan.

Here, the average SS is 12.0-12.1 without drama. I haven’t seen anything on the Mustang fast list after 5 months. Is it time to admit Ford marketing played you all?

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 04:51 PM   #400
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I found it interesting that the owner of a new GT A10 arrived at Atco and expecting to run the Evan Smith number of 11.8 but left with 12.5.

Recall after Evan’s run the inrush of Mustang fans laying that down as the marker? The GT had only been out 2 weeks so it was just going to keep getting better. Hurt a lot of feelings? After all, the SS peaked at 11.9 after 2 years.

You commented that “sooner or later the denial is going to have to stop” while referencing Evan.

Here, the average SS is 12.0-12.1 without drama. I haven’t seen anything on the Mustang fast list after 5 months. Is it time to admit Ford marketing played you all?

21 out of the 26 stock SS's are between 12.3 and 13.1, it's more honest to say the "normal" for an SS is between would be between 12.3 and 12.7 where 19 out of the 26 runs are.

You're absolutely right that more Camaros have gone faster, bone stock, than the Mustang, but to say that 12.0-12.1 is an average, without drama run is a falsehood.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #401
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
21 out of the 26 stock SS's are between 12.3 and 13.1, it's more honest to say the "normal" for an SS is between would be between 12.3 and 12.7 where 19 out of the 26 runs are.

You're absolutely right that more Camaros have gone faster, bone stock, than the Mustang, but to say that 12.0-12.1 is an average, without drama run is a falsehood.
What fast list are you looking at? The top 20 are under 12.2
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #402
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13vertss View Post
What fast list are you looking at? The top 20 are under 12.2
Crap, sorry, I was looking at the M6's alone. I didn't realize they had divided the A8's from the M6's.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #403
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
In Motor Trend's first test, they got a 12.4 @ 114.6 in the manual Camaro, so it's completely believable that folks can dip into the 11's.

In Motor Trend's first test, they got a 12.6 @ 155.1 in the manual Mustang, so it's COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE that someone dipped into the 10's with a tire and tune. TEN'S????
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #404
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Those tests are done using standardized atmospheric conditions. Billly Bob Jim Ray running a 10.9 on a tune and tire only is bullshit. Plenty of your boys over M6G are saying how much faster the Mustang feels and blah blah.

Problem is except for these magic runs the Mustang has not actually performed better than a Camaro at anything. Not one single thing. It's slower everywhere. Has been since Sept 2015. If you want to believe the BS that's your right. Just please stop spouting this shit over and over. It's slower. It's heavier. It's going to get even more expensive with the Tariffs on Chinese transmissions...

If you think those magic track times are believable then step up to the plate and buy one.
Car and Driver corrects for sea lvl. Evan went 11's in positive d/a, but that was the ringer...right? Because you dont really want to call Evan a liar and you cant accept that he did go 11.8 stock because if he did...well an 10.99-11.0x isnt out of the realm of possibility for a tune/Cai/drap pack car.

an '18 is of no interest to me...I have no desire to go backward in performance and a two door is not in my future.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #405
Chadicus

Quote:
Car and Driver corrects for sea lvl. Evan went 11's in positive d/a, but that was the ringer...right? Because you dont really want to call Evan a liar and you cant accept that he did go 11.8 stock because if he did...well an 10.99-11.0x isnt out of the realm of possibility for a tune/Cai/drap pack car.

an '18 is of no interest to me...I have no desire to go backward in performance and a two door is not in my future.
I have no problem calling him a liar. I don't believe for a second that car didn't have the sway bar removed at the least. I also have no problem calling bullshit that a tune and dragpack on 94 octane will drop a Mustang into the 10s. Whatever it is that those tuner shops are selling I'm not buying it. Sorry. I'm not that ignorant.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:39 AM   #406
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
ok what about the high speed wandering?
what about the hood flutter?
what about the clunky drivetrain?

what about the steering wooble at 60mph?
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote