Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #15
Ohio

Drives: 2010 Synergy LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I did a search and could not locate anyone who has had a similar issue like I am currently having. I have recently moved into my 1st house and now have a garage to keep my car in finally. It's a 2011 V6 LT manual transmission Camaro. It's been in the garage for about 2 months now. For the 1st month I didn't have any leaks or fluids on my floor. I decided a couple weeks back during my last oil change to top off all of my fluids. I haven't been super diligent in keeping on eye on my coolant levels. I haven't had any over heating issues. I found that my overflow tank was bone dry. So I top it off with fluid and checked it a couple days later. I found it was lower than what I filled it at last time (Cold engine level). I filled it again, the next day I noticed fluid on the ground. The weird part is it started where my transmission housing is. Tonight I jacked up the car and cranked it up to get her hot. When I got up to temperature it started dripping. But it's in a super tough location and I cant get my eyes on what is exactly leaking. I took a picture of the location. It appears to be where the heater core lines connect to the back of the engine block. I guess its weird that this didn't seem to start until I topped off the tank.

I took a couple photos pointing out the location. It doesn't constantly drip, only when the engine is hot and throttled up. Would anyone have any idea what is leaking? I dont even know how to get back there without having to dismantling a lot of stuff.

I have the same issue....what is the connection called...LOL
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:46 AM   #16
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
I will look up the actual name of the couplings and post later today if possible.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #17
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
well, not sure which coupling you're speaking of, but here's a pic....
Old 06-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #18
StuntmanMike74

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
This is one of the first repairs I get to do on the Camaro I just bought my son for his birthday. I am just wondering if it is too big of a pain to do it without taking the intake off.
StuntmanMike74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:01 PM   #19
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
I know this is a pretty old thread, but a very similar repair is the only significant repair I have ever had to have done on my 2010 with now 123,000 miles. I think it was last winter at around 110,000 miles. I was surprised that the thermostat was back there.

My symptoms were not a noticed leak, but overheating suddenly. Ultimately they replaced the T-stat, the housing and the gasket, IIRC, plus a coolant flush and fill.

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:40 PM   #20
oneshot51

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Got a leak as well, dealer says the heater inlet/outlet pipes. Although I believe most is coming from the water pump. Anyone know what the part numbers are for the heater inlet/outlet pipe assembly/pipes/fitting/housing or the gasket/o-rings that connect to the thermostat housing to which I might replace as well. Thanks

Last edited by oneshot51; 11-12-2019 at 08:44 PM.
oneshot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:30 PM   #21
Shade

You can find part diagrams and numbers at this site below.

https://chevrolet.7zap.com/en/camaro...624015622-0-0/

I'm not sure the parts you are looking for are on that one. But you can search around the site to get a better idea of the parts you will need. Some are missing though.
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #22
mamapackfan75

Drives: Camaro 3.6L LT
Leaky also!

Mine is also leaking. 133,000 miles. This seems to be a common b.s problem.
No temp gauge change, only leaks after being warmed up. Is this truly an easy fix??
mamapackfan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:03 PM   #23
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot51 View Post
Got a leak as well, dealer says the heater inlet/outlet pipes. Although I believe most is coming from the water pump. Anyone know what the part numbers are for the heater inlet/outlet pipe assembly/pipes/fitting/housing or the gasket/o-rings that connect to the thermostat housing to which I might replace as well. Thanks
The water pump isn't even in the same area though, are you seeing a leak up front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamapackfan75 View Post
Mine is also leaking. 133,000 miles. This seems to be a common b.s problem.
No temp gauge change, only leaks after being warmed up. Is this truly an easy fix??
Has more pressure when hot, I've seen a few LLTs come in with the thermostat leak so I'd say it's a weak point for sure. Temp gauge will only change once it's overheating but don't wait for that to happen. It's not the most difficult repair, no need to remove the plenum or anything but it is tight in the back of the motor. Thermostat is a common leak and so is the pipe/connections back there
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #24
oneshot51

Yes sir, dealing with two leaks at the same time, dealer did a pressure test. I can totally fix both of these issues for just over $200. vs dealer quoting me for over $1200 hahaha. Can't find the part number for the gasket and sealer/o-ring for the heater inlet & outlet pipes though. I tried the website Shade said, which is awesome, but no luck. Service manual no luck. Sent a email to gmpartsdirect and see if they can help me otherwise maybe the dealer will give me the parts.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Yes sir, dealing with two leaks at the same time, dealer did a pressure test. I can totally fix both of these issues for just over $200. vs dealer quoting me for over $1200 hahaha. Can't find the part number for the gasket and sealer/o-ring for the heater inlet & outlet pipes though. I tried the website Shade said, which is awesome, but no luck. Service manual no luck. Sent a email to gmpartsdirect and see if they can help me otherwise maybe the dealer will give me the parts.
12625923, Thermostat Housing Gskt.
12582472, Thermostat O-Ring
12584325, Thermostat O-Ring
12620258, Thermostat Only

12652327, Thermostat Assembly W/ above gaskets (recommended)

12623461, Water Pipe O-Ring (Inlet)
12636104, Water Pipe Gasket (Outlet)

22787648, Heater Hose Inlet
22787650, Heater Hose Outlet

Bolded parts are the ones you're looking for, everything else is just in case you need it
Old 11-21-2019, 08:40 PM   #26
oneshot51

This is great thanks, the o-ring says it doesn't fit my car for some reason. I'll start with the gasket and o-ring and see if that fixes it. Is there a part number for the black piece that connects the two hoses together that the bolts screw in to? Any knowledge on whether to use sealant on the gasket and o-ring and if so what side and the same for the water pump gasket?
Old 11-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #27
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
This is great thanks, the o-ring says it doesn't fit my car for some reason. I'll start with the gasket and o-ring and see if that fixes it. Is there a part number for the black piece that connects the two hoses together that the bolts screw in to? Any knowledge on whether to use sealant on the gasket and o-ring and if so what side and the same for the water pump gasket?
That pipe should be 12644531, but you don't typically need to change it.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:20 PM   #28
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Videos (plural) I saw just on replacing the thermostat show you have to take the
upper intake manifold off the car to get to it. I have not seen one yet, that doesn't
show that. I see here, from the context of the writings, you don't have to.
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote