Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 11-10-2019, 08:27 PM   #1
BowtieBill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Centennial Indy edition
SCT 3416

Hello to all. I have been a member for quite a while,but have not been on here until recently. Anyway about 4-5 years ago i purchased from a member a 391 diff and axles from a low mile 1LE. At that time I also purchased a SCT tuner that had been converted to a 3416. I only got the tuner to reset gear ratio for the 391 gears. At that time not even the dealerships were doing this. When I received the tuner and paperwork from SCT I plugged it into my car. It came on and I believe said unmarried. That was all I did with it. Unplugged and put back in the box. Well life happened and all of these parts have been sitting in my house waiting to be put in. That is finally happening in the next 2 weeks. As far as the tuner goes will I need/should update it? Is this model still supported by SCT? I was also hoping to be able to shut off the AFM with this tuner. Thanks in advance Bill.
BowtieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
BowtieBill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Centennial Indy edition
I guess I should also say that my car is a 2010 L99. Also I have a vitesse throttle controller. Will I need to remove this before using the SCT?
BowtieBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #3
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I believe you can go to the sct website and update the device.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBill View Post
Hello to all. I have been a member for quite a while,but have not been on here until recently. Anyway about 4-5 years ago i purchased from a member a 391 diff and axles from a low mile 1LE. At that time I also purchased a SCT tuner that had been converted to a 3416. I only got the tuner to reset gear ratio for the 391 gears. At that time not even the dealerships were doing this. When I received the tuner and paperwork from SCT I plugged it into my car. It came on and I believe said unmarried. That was all I did with it. Unplugged and put back in the box. Well life happened and all of these parts have been sitting in my house waiting to be put in. That is finally happening in the next 2 weeks. As far as the tuner goes will I need/should update it? Is this model still supported by SCT? I was also hoping to be able to shut off the AFM with this tuner. Thanks in advance Bill.
As far as I know they still work great I send tunes all over the world for all SCT devices.

No need to update the device that would only be the preloaded tune side not the custom tune side.

Yes remove the Vitese controller .

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote