Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2020, 07:02 PM   #7211
IconicGT500
Banned

Drives: shelby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild One View Post
Originally Posted by IconicGT500 View Post
nope. lol

you will never get the all around package the gt500 offers for less $. porsche level roadcourse and mid 9 sec 1/4 mile and 4 sec 60-130? for $80k? goodluck.

funny.. blaqhole.. where are all these cars you had lined up for me? certainly not GM cars anymore funny how you were caught in one of the bigest lies ever told on the internet. jalopnik would have a field day with this, maybe we should send it over

i said stock cmaro/corvett for a stock gt500. modded for me.. there are -0- stock motor GM cars that can compete - this is fact. cam isnt stock mtor, as it goes inside yes? weird how the mighty have fallen..

ill wait for a legitimate competitor. stock or modifed.. you let me know

And how long has this platform been out?

Reliability has not been established.

Slow and steady wins the race.
i paid msrp. is that hard to believe? my $ was down weeks after it launched at the auto show.

slow and steady wins the race!?? That sure does seem like the camaros motto.. but it has never won a race lololol

face it. 2nd place isnt bad, right where the dead camaro belongs..
IconicGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #7212
IconicGT500
Banned

Drives: shelby
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
so nutshell the GT500 can be the cat's meow in some forms of racing (track or street), but when the Z06 comes out for the C8 and / or the Z/28 for the 6th gen it will be game over.. OK I buy that.
no. the c8 z06 may perform better on a road course, but its not getting it done in the straights. 600chp isnt going to cut it when 600rwhp c8s on drag packs arnt matching stock 500 times
you will need the zr1, as usual, to beat the camaro killer
IconicGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:39 PM   #7213
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
At this point, I'm willing to go out on a limb and declare Blaq NOT a mustang fan and Iconic NOT a camaro fan.
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #7214
Wild One

Drives: 13ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
At this point, I'm willing to go out on a limb and declare Blaq NOT a mustang fan and Iconic NOT a camaro fan.
Lol...
Wild One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:50 PM   #7215
Wild One

Quote:
i paid msrp. is that hard to believe? my $ was down weeks after it launched at the auto show.

slow and steady wins the race!?? That sure does seem like the camaros motto.. but it has never won a race lololol

Ahhh ....so much wisdom from the temporary king of the hill.

Come back in a year....
Old 05-03-2020, 08:24 PM   #7216
Wild One

Quote:

Come back in a year....
If the venom is still there
Old 05-03-2020, 08:47 PM   #7217
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Except the cheaper zl1 1le has beaten the 92k plus cftp gt500 in the head to head comparisons they have actually been in on a road course setting... so the camaro won that race

You're base gt500 ain't running with any porsche worth noting on a road course. Cftp yes, for a few laps anyways. Fact.... not bad for a 4000 pound crowd killing pig, I must admit.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #7218
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:

Come back in a year....
It was never king of the hill. Can't beat the older, lower hp, cheaper zl1 1le around a lap according to the two shootouts they've been compared in. Car and Driver never even bothered to post lap times.

This is ofcourse ignoring the zr1 which stomps it everywhere, strictly talking camaro, mustang, and challenger.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:05 PM   #7219
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
no. the c8 z06 may perform better on a road course, but its not getting it done in the straights. 600chp isnt going to cut it when 600rwhp c8s on drag packs arnt matching stock 500 times
you will need the zr1, as usual, to beat the camaro killer
You might be right on the c8 z06 not getting it done on the straights. We'll have to see.

Lol.... the camaro killer, that couldn't kill the camaro... more money, more hp, dct, still couldn't beat it on a road course.... as fun as it may be, not everyone is looking to YouTube roll race their track cars.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #7220
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
a busa huh.. just like the C8 lololol when does it end!? the lies, the skeptisism, theinternet bravado. the window is open, anyone reading has been shown the truth
LOL, I guess he chose not to read that I bought the Hyabusa yesterday.

I'll post some more pics of it tomorrow. I can also post the pic of my C8 order spec sheet and the receipt for the $5K deposit I put on it back in August, as well as the refund check they sent me after I cancelled lol!! But I guess it don't matter since he got the ban hammer...he'll probably say it's my fault...sheesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Is he a Hellcat fan?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:49 PM   #7221
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Except the cheaper zl1 1le has beaten the 92k plus cftp gt500 in the head to head comparisons they have actually been in on a road course setting... so the camaro won that race

You're base gt500 ain't running with any porsche worth noting on a road course. Cftp yes, for a few laps anyways. Fact.... not bad for a 4000 pound crowd killing pig, I must admit.
Quote:
It was never king of the hill. Can't beat the older, lower hp, cheaper zl1 1le around a lap according to the two shootouts they've been compared in. Car and Driver never even bothered to post lap times.

This is ofcourse ignoring the zr1 which stomps it everywhere, strictly talking camaro, mustang, and challenger.
Quote:
You might be right on the c8 z06 not getting it done on the straights. We'll have to see.

Lol.... the camaro killer, that couldn't kill the camaro... more money, more hp, dct, still couldn't beat it on a road course.... as fun as it may be, not everyone is looking to YouTube roll race their track cars.
The thing is GM built the 6G Camaros and the C7s to be multi-purpose high performance machines. And they have been matching if not dominating purpose built cars at what they were built for. The Corvette is not a straight line vehicle. So the fact that it is getting compared to a straight line vehicle that has more HP is impressive.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:04 PM   #7222
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
someone finally caught on it was LostM lol
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #7223
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The GT500 is technically not the king of anything. There's just a bunch of owners running around with highly modded GT500s claiming they're the fastest. Modded to modded who have they beaten? There are a LOT of highly modded Hellcats and Demons and Redeyes out there. I don't see any GT500s crossing them. Plenty of 1000 RWHP ZL1s out there. Z06s. ZR1s. Imports. In fact I think a modded GTR would destroy a modded GT500 everywhere including around a track for the first lap, second lap, third lap...these GT500s have not proven anything. The one guy on here won't race any of his hardcore Mustang buddies who claim to have 9 sec GTs. But he can race stock Corvettes. Not impressed.

Bone stock they haven't done anything except when on a track rental with every factor in their favor. It lost the roll on race to the Redeye. It was a driver's race against the ZL1. It lost around a track to the ZLE. It got annihilated after it tanked the second lap on a track against the Porsche. Even on it's best and only lap (the first one BTW) it lost. Every time one of them show up there's an excuse like "well cooked tires". On the standing quarter mile untimed run the ZL1 covered the distance quicker. It then raced a STi...nuff said. It is the only car of it's kind in the mega HP mega car range that can't go over 180 MPH...yes, 180 MPH again. It hasn't faced the ZR1 yet or Z06 the GTR or anything in it's own price range. It is basically a more expensive GT350R that still can't beat the ZL1. So what is it the king of? LOL!! Where's your crown, King Nothing??!!
I for one think it is a dynamic vibration issue with a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft and 3.73 gears.

As commented on before, just about every boosted car going back to the 80s gos for a taller gear trans / final drive ratio because the boost provides the torque and the taller gears makes a better overall car, the lower numeric multiplication the the manual trans the stronger, and lastly the lower numerical final drive ratio is much stronger.

There are two design factors at work. The strength of a manual trans is directly related to the distance between the mainshaft and the counter shaft. I believe the relationship is a square function, so distance change makes a HUGE difference in strength. This relationship is literally "built-in" to the trans. The strongest gear is 1:1 or drive as both mainshaft and countershaft gears are the same size. The weakest is 1st gear. The take away is this the DCT to have a decent torque rating need a high numeric fist gear. The only way to keep the performance up was to use a lower numeric rear, which is fine as long as your diff back there is strong. But Ford has a really old design 8.8" so it would be my opinion that there will be differential problems with the car.

I think that future performance front engine RWD cars will be an auto, in fact I know that is where it is at and even the 1/2 second on the street I out by being an M6 might well stretch to 1 or 1.5 seconds in other types of competition. I for one think Ford screwed up and a 10 speed auto would have been a better choice.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:35 PM   #7224
smokinzx14r

Drives: 2018 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Picked up this beauty today! Leftover 2019 Hyabusa!! I haven't riden at all in over 10 years. And it was a long day. Thank God there were a couple guys there who let me ride off with them. It was scary. I made a few mistakes including stalling in the middle of an 8-lane intersection...twice, lol!! But I got the hang of it quickly and made it home safely. This bike is mean and is definitely faster than any bike I ever owned before. Gonna treat her with the utmost respect and ride safely. Now I just gotta go all the way back to the motorcycle dealership to pick up my ZL1, lol!!
Be careful on that busa .. I don't ride my ZX14R much on the street anymore .. Too many morons out there .. I stay on the track these days ..
Attached Images

smokinzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote