Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 AM   #29
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
How about ZL1 what if the Super Camaro won't even be the Z/28? What if it will be a new Z? Anything to rip the damn Z title a way from that brick on wheels 350Z
Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #30
jmliptak

Drives: D
Way back in the archives of this site is a post from somebody who worked at the plant saying they were told that would be a non-street legal version for racing. There were references in the online chats to motorsports plans to be announced at a later date...That might be a great ZL1....Sure, the original ZL1 was TECHNICALLY street legal, but it was a limited edition race car to allow it to run in certain classes at the strip I believe, others here undoubtedly know and remember more about that than I do
Old 07-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
How do you like my new sig?
Touche teacher...

I could see a ZL1 moniker, or something along those lines, except, those names aren't wellknown to people who aren't Camaro enthusiasts. Well, actually, I suppose only an enthusiast is going to spend the extra $$$ on a unique name like that. For me, ZL1 represents the ultimate in muscle (which is what I'm looking for - straightline muscle) but the Z28 is more of a balance. Considering the argument that many expressed that it should be more of a stripper-like car, with the option for less content, a little more power, better handling, and better balance, rather than my idea of a GT500-killer. I don't particularly think that thing handles all too well, although, I've never driven one. I'm in awe of it's power and power potential though. If would could have a car that beat it in power, AND handling, that would be so sweet. BUT, then, I'm sure, it would no longer be price competitive.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #32
Aaron1121

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
See that is what GM is doing, Not telling you for sure that the Z/28 is coming and when, so you WILL go out and buy an SS, then after you do they pop the news that the Z/28 is coming next year, then you trade your SS for a Z/28 and they have then sold 2 cars instead of one...
I've been a lurker on this board for a few months.... but I just have to make a post to agree with this comment. GM has had a history in the past of not announcing all of the model line until serveral people have already bought the car.

It just happened again with the new Pontiac G8. GM took pre-orders on this car, and many dealers took deposits 6-9 months in advance. A ton of people ordered the G8 GT, and many paid a 2-4 K above MSRP. GM delivered the first shipment of cars, and then three weeks after all of the first orders were fulfilled, GM announced a future G8 GXP to be delivered at the end of the year. Go and take a look at the dates and check out the G8 forums....

I really want to buy a new Camaro. But I will probably wait until a couple of months after the release, so I can buy it using my GMS discount. I will not pay above MSRP.

How would you feel if you ordered an SS/RS, and had it for less than a month and then found out a Z28 was going to be released? I hope GM does not play this game with the Camaro.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #33
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
I'll call you one if it will make you feel better
Ok with me if you say that with a Z28 and a big smile
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 AM   #34
ChevyMSU35

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3 Red Rock Metallic
Quote:
This comment can snap me back into reality probably everytime I start to stray. This is a great post, IMHO, and I hope I can keep this in mind.
Glad to help I'm also glad you didn't take it as an attack, because it certainly wasn't meant to be.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #35
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

Maybe someone should come up with a smilie like the headlight smilie. I'd sport it!
How about Scott's face holding a sign that says, "The Z28 is not dead."
Old 07-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #36
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That sounds highly appropriate. Let's do it!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-25-2008, 07:27 PM   #37
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
They are not that cruel. You are going to have to wait 18 months for a 'vert anyways and I figure we will here something by then.
you read that about the vert from LLN?? IIRC, vert was/is supposed to show up late summer/fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
Old 07-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #38
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
you read that about the vert from LLN?? IIRC, vert was/is supposed to show up late summer/fall.
GM stated that the 'vert will be release 1 year after the coupe.

Closed Thread