Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #71
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Convertible and Z28: CANCELLED??

According to this website. This is dated today.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/243...z28-cancelled/

Anyone know of any truth to this? Scott?

Here's another report:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/903239993

and another

http://blogs.thecarconnection.com/ma...hits-the-skids
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #72
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...558#post357558
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #73
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
The newer member knows how to search.

Well done man. Well done!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:04 PM   #74
Hooy
Will Drive For Food

Drives: Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The newer member knows how to search.

lolol yup.
Hooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #75
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
"Neither one has been outright canceled," says Terry Rhadigan, a Chevrolet spokesman. Rhadigan said GM will seek to bring out the convertible in 2011.
This is what your second article states.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #76
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam2fst4u View Post
maybe this is a marketing strategy. letting out some info that might swing buyers to the coups instead of waiting for the vert or possibly the z28. Anything is possible....
while that is a possibility, I dont see it that way. while it does make some sense that they could sell more of the current line up. why not just throw a Z out at launch? that way you can sell more of everything (tho it would depend on what options a Z came with). what sense would it make? a lot of buyers, if they found that there was a Z on the way after they had already bought their car, would just trade up. then dealers still have cars sitting on the lots. now I do understand that if they havent paid for one now. but given the economic situation right now i dont see a Z28 for another few (not couple) years. it sucks to say that. but if we arent careful, the Camaro is going to do like it did with the 4th gens.

1st year start out great... 2nd year drop a vert and some other upgrades. couple more years go by, things start turning around, then they drop a Z for us. move on to maybe a different design, then hopefully at that point things will keep going strong instead of having to pull the plug.... again. cus if they pull it a second time.... I just dont see it coming back again.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #77
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The scrub knows how to search.

fixt!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:08 AM   #78
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Here's what Scott posted on another forum about this article:
http://www.chirpthird.com/vb/showpos...1&postcount=19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather
NOT TRUE about convertible!!!!

I've never seen anyone from that magazine in one of our Camaro meetings!

Z28 is still being looked at very carefully!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #79
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
while that is a possibility, I dont see it that way. while it does make some sense that they could sell more of the current line up. why not just throw a Z out at launch? that way you can sell more of everything (tho it would depend on what options a Z came with). what sense would it make? a lot of buyers, if they found that there was a Z on the way after they had already bought their car, would just trade up. then dealers still have cars sitting on the lots. now I do understand that if they havent paid for one now. but given the economic situation right now i dont see a Z28 for another few (not couple) years. it sucks to say that. but if we arent careful, the Camaro is going to do like it did with the 4th gens.

1st year start out great... 2nd year drop a vert and some other upgrades. couple more years go by, things start turning around, then they drop a Z for us. move on to maybe a different design, then hopefully at that point things will keep going strong instead of having to pull the plug.... again. cus if they pull it a second time.... I just dont see it coming back again.
At least is RWD...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #80
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
1st year start out great... 2nd year drop a vert and some other upgrades. couple more years go by, things start turning around, then they drop a Z for us.
Exactly! You have to act like a stripper at the ballet. Start of slow and keep the big stuff for the end. That's how you keep the interest going.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM   #81
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
At least is RWD...
if it dies again, i dont see it coming back until powerplant technology evolves to a point where our cars are spouting wings and hovering around.

"roads? where we are going.... we dont need roads."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Exactly! You have to act like a stripper at the ballet. Start of slow and keep the big stuff for the end. That's how you keep the interest going.
thats also how you keep yourself alive in a business. especially when you've devoted so much time and money to something like this. GM couldnt really afford to pull out all the stops on this car right off the bat. they had/have to get the car out there. we already know its a big hit. but its future depends on us as automotive consumers. we will directly influence this cars path in the future. if we dont buy them, they wont sell them. I've already had to say goodbye to the Camaro once. I dont want to do it again.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 PM   #82
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
if it dies again, i dont see it coming back until powerplant technology evolves to a point where our cars are spouting wings and hovering around.

"roads? where we are going.... we dont need roads."

thats also how you keep yourself alive in a business. especially when you've devoted so much time and money to something like this. GM couldnt really afford to pull out all the stops on this car right off the bat. they had/have to get the car out there. we already know its a big hit. but its future depends on us as automotive consumers. we will directly influence this cars path in the future. if we dont buy them, they wont sell them. I've already had to say goodbye to the Camaro once. I dont want to do it again.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #83
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'm not sure how accurate Jalopnik is with some of their stories, so I guess I would advise everyone to take it with a side of caution and try not to get too distraught, but according to them the Z28 is cancled completely and the convertable is very much in danger as well:

http://jalopnik.com/5176933/camaro-z...urther-delayed

Again, I don't know how accurate this report is, so if any moderators feel it's far from plausable, I have no problems if you remove this thread.

I'm sure if Scott sees this he will be called to either put out more fires or join us in a moment of silence.
Old news...
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote