Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-08-2015, 10:20 AM   #155
Sal329

Drives: 2008 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I have looked at those for sure but this thread was the icing on the cake for me. I work at Chevy dealer I'm going to see what my cost will be
Sal329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #156
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal329 View Post
I have looked at those for sure but this thread was the icing on the cake for me. I work at Chevy dealer I'm going to see what my cost will be
I'm just gonna take a wild guess, but some of the parts from the list may not be exactly what you need (as far as pcv lines, etc go) as the list was Camaro specific, but I bet that if you looked into the LFX CTS specific corresponding parts, that will be what you would want. Either way, it should be doable.

I've always wondered what kind of deal on parts the dealer "insiders" get ???
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #157
Sal329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I'm just gonna take a wild guess, but some of the parts from the list may not be exactly what you need (as far as pcv lines, etc go) as the list was Camaro specific, but I bet that if you looked into the LFX CTS specific corresponding parts, that will be what you would want. Either way, it should be doable.

I've always wondered what kind of deal on parts the dealer "insiders" get ???
Our employee price is pretty good
Old 03-13-2015, 04:18 PM   #158
Sal329

Ok I placed my order I am not sure when I will get around to actually doing the install. I was wondering if anyone knows how tall the intake is with the Traverse adapter? I wonder if the CTS factory strut brace will still fit
Old 03-13-2015, 04:27 PM   #159
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2015, 03:19 AM   #160
SV6GUY
Endlessly Wrenching

Drives: VE SV6 S2 manual
after riding my new motorbike for a while and jumping back into my car, the surging at cruising is unbearable.

Don't cut the grid up top, i think it's important for maintaining manifold pressure while cruising. I will be buying another LFX manifold from a wreckers ASAP to be 100% certain.

I also do have an OTR intake, which is probably not helping.

Last edited by SV6GUY; 03-14-2015 at 08:35 PM.
SV6GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:40 AM   #161
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Since this thread was bumped, definitely do this upgrade. Yesterday after very hard runs the intake manifold was cool to the touch and all my runs were consistent for MPH.
Havent followed this in awhile but you would still agree to get this for the S/C'd folks too?
Old 03-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #162
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Havent followed this in awhile but you would still agree to get this for the S/C'd folks too?
Not required but it does help. You get rid of the check valve for the EVAP line, the PCV line locks in on the LFX manifold, better than using that bracket thing. Also seems to flow better up top.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #163
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV6GUY View Post
after riding my new motorbike for a while and jumping back into my car, the surging at cruising is unbearable.

Don't cut the grid up top, i think it's important for maintaining manifold pressure while cruising. I will be buying another LFX manifold from a wreckers ASAP to be 100% certain.
Must have something to do with your OTR intake? I remove that on every ported intake I do and no one has complained (of course they have all been installed on LFX engines so far)... But we don't have an OTR intake for the LFX in the Camaro either. I guess we'll see what kjkjr27 has to say when he installs his, as it was the ported one from the dyno test off of my old car.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:37 PM   #164
SV6GUY
Endlessly Wrenching

Drives: VE SV6 S2 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Must have something to do with your OTR intake? I remove that on every ported intake I do and no one has complained (of course they have all been installed on LFX engines so far)... But we don't have an OTR intake for the LFX in the Camaro either. I guess we'll see what kjkjr27 has to say when he installs his, as it was the ported one from the dyno test off of my old car.
you're right, its been corrected.
SV6GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #165
Sal329

Kj thank you
Old 03-14-2015, 10:16 PM   #166
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Not required but it does help. You get rid of the check valve for the EVAP line, the PCV line locks in on the LFX manifold, better than using that bracket thing. Also seems to flow better up top.
Cool thanks. I'm sure there's a picture of it in your build? Just to make sure i dont eff anything up.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #167
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Does replacing the LLT manifold with a LFX composite prove that the Isolator and Mace intake plenum spacers are not exactly what we thought they were? Your initial post talked about temp increases in the intake, which is why the LLT spacer was introduced, better insulation from direct block contact and allow for cooler aluminum intake. However, in reading that ost, makes me wonder if the plenum spacer I installed is allowing more air warm up given your explanation of the ignition changes with the knock sensor. Is the temp increased upward of the cylinder intake as a result, in part, of the plenum spacer? More air, more stored air, more compression with the generated heat?
Great post and thanks a bunch for going through this for all!!
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #168
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV6GUY View Post
you're right, its been corrected.
Does your OTR intake have any kind of "airflow straightener" in it? IE: See the vararam picture below

In your case, if it doesn't it may be a worth while test to stick something similar in there, I'd even try in front of, and behind the MAF.

Question though, can you get this same intake for a VE Commodore for an LFX? If you can, is it EXACTLY the same? Or does the intake change for the LLT vs LFX? If it's the same, and it works on an LFX, there's really no reason it shouldn't work now, (which the exception that you've modified the LFX intake opening, so I guess that may be your problem)... Vacuum leak at the isolator maybe? Try a tube style intake and see if the problem goes away? Just trouble shooting out loud here.