Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
Irek
Eric

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Tune for 2010 Camaro SS L99 with TVS2300 and ID850

Hi Guys

I have a supercharged 2010 Camaro SS which from the begining was equipped with the standard Bosch injectors. As two of the injectors needed to be replaced I have decided to purchase ID850 850.34.14.15.8 (Injector Dynamics).

I know that after replacing the injectors I would need to make a new tune. Is there anybody who would be able to share a tune program for the car with a similar configuration? I would like to use it as a base for the further modifications.

The basic specification of my car looks as follow:
- 2010 Camaro SS (L99) with automatic transmission
- Magnuson TVS2300 compressor
- current power: approximatelly 470 PS
- equipped with ID850 injectors
- Corsa exhaust

This would be very helpful to me,

Cheers from Europe
Irek
Irek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
eastwood

Drives: Blown 2010 Orange camaro ss/rs
I would contact Ted at jannetty racing.

you could start in ( forced - induction V-8 section )

JANNETTY RACING FORCED INDUCTION Q&A

He help me out big time and know's his stuff.

hope that helps you out
eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
Irek
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwood View Post

hope that helps you out

Thanks a lot. I will try to contact him.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
dynoSteve on here from RDP Motorsports would be a good choice as well. If you buy an SCT X4 tuner from him you will get tunes for life, so as you change your mods he can just email you a new tune. You can also data log a run and send it to him so he can see what is going on and make the appropriate changes to your tune.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
Irek
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
dynoSteve on here from RDP Motorsports would be a good choice as well. If you buy an SCT X4 tuner from him you will get tunes for life, so as you change your mods he can just email you a new tune. You can also data log a run and send it to him so he can see what is going on and make the appropriate changes to your tune.
Thanks for your reply. Actually I have purchased the ID850 injectors from the RDP Motorsport. Maybe they would agree to help me remotely. The problem is that I am using the car in Europe, so that is the only way.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #6
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irek View Post
Thanks for your reply. Actually I have purchased the ID850 injectors from the RDP Motorsport. Maybe they would agree to help me remotely. The problem is that I am using the car in Europe, so that is the only way.

If you have bought a tuner from him It will be no problem or if it's another one I know they have a few kinds of tuner programs there. What tuner do you have?
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Hi Guys

I have a supercharged 2010 Camaro SS which from the begining was equipped with the standard Bosch injectors. As two of the injectors needed to be replaced I have decided to purchase ID850 850.34.14.15.8 (Injector Dynamics).

I know that after replacing the injectors I would need to make a new tune. Is there anybody who would be able to share a tune program for the car with a similar configuration? I would like to use it as a base for the further modifications.

- Corsa exhaust

Cheers from Europe
Irek
Hello Irek

I have moved this thread to the Forced Inductions subforum.

Carry on.

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:34 PM   #8
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwood View Post

hope that helps you out
I 2nd that , Ted is the man you should contact.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:08 PM   #9
Irek
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
If you have bought a tuner from him It will be no problem or if it's another one I know they have a few kinds of tuner programs there. What tuner do you have?
Actually I bought just the injectors and I do not have my own tuber device. I am using a local dyno station in Europe which is trying to tune my car for the new injectors. However I am still not happy with a results therefore I am looking for somebody with experience in American cars. The dyno station operator very friendly and cooperative but he is experienced with the European engines and it is his first Camaro.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Hi Guys

- Corsa exhaust

Cheers from Europe
Irek
I can certainly help you but you will need the following for me to remote tune it.

SCT X4 tuner and SCT firewire
Or HPtuners VCM suite.
ZL-1 fuel pump
Our fuel pump control module
AEM wide band AFR gauge.
SLP gauge pod for column.

I can provide all of this and custom tune that will make your car run Perfect.

I have a lot of experience with Export GM car and Lots of experience with SLP superchargers.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #11
Irek
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I can certainly help you but you will need the following for me to remote tune it.

SCT X4 tuner and SCT firewire
Or HPtuners VCM suite.
ZL-1 fuel pump
Our fuel pump control module
AEM wide band AFR gauge.
SLP gauge pod for column.

I can provide all of this and custom tune that will make your car run Perfect.

I have a lot of experience with Export GM car and Lots of experience with SLP superchargers.

Ted.
Hi Ted

Thank you very much for your interest with my problem and your detailed reply.

Last week I have started discussion with Steve regarding the possiblity of correcting my tune program. However we have faced problem that my local tuner can save the tune only in binary format, which cannot be imported to HPTuners software which Steve uses. My tuner works with WinOls software which does not give an option of converting tune to HPTuners format.

Anyway your idea about the SCT X4 tuner is good and I plan to come back to this topic after the weekend.

Have a nice weekend
Irek
Old 09-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
Irek
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Great talking with you last night sir and we will get you on the straight and narrow for sure, just get me over those dyno sheets you have with the afr i asked for and lets get it fixed for you
Thank you for your kind discussion Steve. As mentioned, I am looking for a way to save the tune in HPTuners format. I would have a chance to discuss it with my local dyno station in the coming week.

With best regards
Irek
Old 09-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Hi Ted

Thank you very much for your interest with my problem and your detailed reply.

Last week I have started discussion with Steve regarding the possiblity of correcting my tune program. However we have faced problem that my local tuner can save the tune only in binary format, which cannot be imported to HPTuners software which Steve uses. My tuner works with WinOls software which does not give an option of converting tune to HPTuners format.

Anyway your idea about the SCT X4 tuner is good and I plan to come back to this topic after the weekend.

Have a nice weekend
Irek
You will need Either an HPtuners cable or an SCT device to read out the file that is currently in the car.

It would be best to have your tuner return the vehicle to stock before doing so.

This we we can work from a stock file and not pick up anything left in the tune from the previous tuner.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote