Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #15
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Maybe we should have farted in their general direction?
(See if anybody gets the Monty Python reference)
As long as you don't wave your genitals at my auntie...
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 PM   #16
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
Your Navy rocks. I had the pleasure of being deployed with HMS Charlottetown (something like that, may have murdered her name) in 2000. Neat ass frigate and those dudes were great in foreign ports.
HMCS -Her Majesty's Canadian Ship. When we have a King it will be changed back to the more traditional HMCS -His Majesty's Canadian Ship

Our navy does have some of the best stuff in the world (except for our used British submarines, they haven't had a very happy time with our navy). The US is falling behind in the little ships -frigates, destroyers, etc. Doesn't matter so much when a single carrier battle group has more firepower than almost every nation in the world. It matters even less when the US has over 50% of carrier deck space in the world.

However, the rest of our equipment is getting quite old. Our helicopters were falling out of the sky and none could be replaced. They needed 100 hours of maintenance to do 1 hour of flight. Our airforce relys on CF-18's, based on the 'regular' hornet designed in the 1970s, as opposed to the super hornet redesign late 90's. Our tanks are german leopard II's, which date back to the 70's as well. We had to call the Russians to transport our disaster assistance relieft team (DART) after the tsunami a few years ago. And it goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog78 View Post
Good to hear.

I've heard it said before that our guy's who serve are excellent even if they don't always have the best equipment. The Gov't we have now is taking steps to get them better stuff.
Agreed, man for man we are pretty close to the top. Israel is up there too. Oh, and as far as the government finally helping, thats the one thing that I like about the con-men in Ottawa right now. I knew they would give the armed forces a bit of a boost.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #17
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
^ I've also had the pleasure of working with Canadian P-3 Antisubmarine Warfare Crews on a couple different missions. They are very good at what they do. :Thumbsup:
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote