Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 04-13-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
Mrpaintballordie

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Something like this happend to me over facebook! I was selling a nintendo ds and my old iPod touch. I was just seeing if people would buy it I posted it on my and this guy said he would buy both for $350 I was shocked. I couldn't believe it so I meet this guy up at Walmart and he pulls next to me and is like "can I check out the goods" so I let him see it and then I start explaining to him what the ds is right then I started getting a "gut feeling" then while still holding the iPod he said want to follow me to the bank, it was a Sunday I wasn't thinking B/c I was excited to get $350 next thing I know I'm walking to my car and he drives away like he is I'n the fast and the furious. I called the cops and reported him about 2 months later I see him searching people to get into a concert at a local boys and girls club. He starts patting me down and he's by my leg. I realize it's him and knee him I'n his head and proceed hitting him the cops come and I tell them the story. Only thing I get is that I can't go to the boys and girls club for a year. He gets a year and 1/2 for gran larsen
Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
That stinks, for damn sure.

I, personally, have not had any issues with PayPal or Ebay. They have been pretty helpful when my account was hacked and a bunch of bogus Fasion Merchandise showed up on my User name. Took care of it right away.

Now, I ask a couple of questions... What was the rating of the person to whomyou sold the seat?

I never deal with anyone with less than 97% ratings.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpaintballordie View Post
Something like this happend to me over facebook! I was selling a nintendo ds and my old iPod touch. I was just seeing if people would buy it I posted it on my and this guy said he would buy both for $350 I was shocked. I couldn't believe it so I meet this guy up at Walmart and he pulls next to me and is like "can I check out the goods" so I let him see it and then I start explaining to him what the ds is right then I started getting a "gut feeling" then while still holding the iPod he said want to follow me to the bank, it was a Sunday I wasn't thinking B/c I was excited to get $350 next thing I know I'm walking to my car and he drives away like he is I'n the fast and the furious. I called the cops and reported him about 2 months later I see him searching people to get into a concert at a local boys and girls club. He starts patting me down and he's by my leg. I realize it's him and knee him I'n his head and proceed hitting him the cops come and I tell them the story. Only thing I get is that I can't go to the boys and girls club for a year. He gets a year and 1/2 for gran larsen

Now isnt that a coincidence lmao forgive me if I spelled that wrong.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
It would almost constitute a visit to the address!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #19
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Paypal screwed me once too. Bought motorcycle tins off a forum. Turned out the guy just found a picture on the forums and reposted it saying he owned it. I bought them and, needless to say, never got them. Opened a claim with paypal, WON IT, and they said they couldn't recover the money.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #20
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
send pictures of the returned seat to paypal and let them know you have been scammed and you need restitution.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
dragon2368
Dragon2368

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
If you accept any online form of payment such as Paypal or yes even your own merchant account you will be susceptible to scams and or scammers. If your customer had paid via credit card through your merchant account and did a charge back chances are you would lose that one also as long as he shows proof of shipping the item back to you. One also must remember that Paypal is a middle man and have to answer to the credit card companies they broker for and have contracts and agreements with.

Now when you picked up the package or before you opened it you should have had witnesses and or pics while you were opening the box to help prove that what he sent back was not what he received.

Sorry to hear this happening but it is the risk you take (albeit small) when selling online. I have sold and shipped items online for years and this has only happened a couple of times to me. So the chances of a bad transaction are small in the grand scheme of things.
dragon2368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:58 PM   #22
H3LL1ON
H3LL1ON

Drives: 2010 1LT Camaro Synergy Green
I mark secretly any item I sell and photograph it as well as sending the buyer a copy. That way I can identify my item from another trying to be pawned off as mine.
Also I have heard of people engraving in a non showing area a reference/transaction number.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:19 PM   #23
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
PayPal is terrible

If you have not (yet) had a problem with it- you will.
They now routinely "hold" funds even with senior accounts, simply because they can. It is possible to suffer weeks of float before your account gets properly credited. On the other hand, they will attempt to reverse deposits on no more than a dishonest buyer's word.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #24
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I won't get in to my dealings with PayPal. They are probably one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with, no actually THE WORST HANDS DOWN!

Sorry to hear this happened and yes I can't wait til there's another company that puts PayPal out of business, sadly it's not happening soon
Old 04-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I hate to say this: But Paypal is only PART of the Problem...the 'buyer' in this case IS the problem. He needs to be TOE UP like the seat he sold you back.

Why not post HIS name and address to warn others NOT to transact with him.

Hope the tree falls off his forks and he eats asphault...KARMA was more than a chameleon.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #26
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
"Wow! Now I know how to trade a set of bent up wheels I have for some good ones. I'll buy a good set of the same kind of wheels off someone and claim that my bent ones are what they sent, dispute it with PayPal, and get away with getting a set of good wheels for free".

That is what people do these days.....SCAMS! Sorry that has happened to you OP but PayPal has no way of knowing who the true scammer is and scammers know this. BTW, I wouldn't scam anyone, I was just stating that people know this kind of scam is possible and do this kind of thing to honest people all the time. Beware for sure, sell in person next time, that's what I do after a couple of bad Craigslist incidents.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #27
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I hate to say this: But Paypal is only PART of the Problem...the 'buyer' in this case IS the problem. He needs to be TOE UP like the seat he sold you back.

Why not post HIS name and address to warn others NOT to transact with him.

Hope the tree falls off his forks and he eats asphault...KARMA was more than a chameleon.

Yea that aint no kidding, I would love to Toe his ARSE up, But he will get his maybe his hole damn forks will fall out underneath his peice, or maybe the chain will break and bust his casings..
But you are 100% correct, He is the main problem, being dishonest.
But paypal should protect their sellers as well, Not just the damn crooks. I mean after all they dont have that title for nothing.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #28
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
I use paypal all the time. Never had an issue like this. Ive been on the reverse side, receiving crap from lying bastards on ebay. but never have I been cheated. something just doesent sound right about this. PayPal requires a burden of proof from the claimer, not the seller for the most part.
I would call them and get to the bottom of this
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote