Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-04-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
orcuttg

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
McLeod 1500 clutch fail after 8k miles

Does anyone have a history with a McLeod 1500 or similar clutch on a daily driver?
My car philosophy is, build it once, build it right, build it to not break. The car puts out 801 rwhp so the McLeod 1500 is way stronger than it needed to be.
Clutch was installed Nov 2020 and started slippling 14 months and 8500 miles later. Then in Feb it failed entirely, as in "the car won't even move" failed.
Does anyone know how long these are expected to last? Yes, I drive it hard, but for it to fail after not even 10k miles was disappointing.

Disclaimer: I do know how to drive stick, it's not a question of me burning it out from not knowing how to drive.

2010 Camaro SS
Built by M2K Motorsports, tuned by PatG
BMR Level 3 suspension, Pedders XA Adjustable coilovers
LS3 block stroked to 427--forged pistons, Molnar rods, stage 2 cam, McLeod RXT 1200 clutch, Kooks headers, Comp Cams pushrods and rockers, RotoFab CAI
orcuttg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 06:13 PM   #2
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
that's terrible! that doesn't sound right at all. did you do the install? was it set up correctly with the throw out bearing distance? just wondering. let us know what you find out. I'm getting ready to install a ram clutch. and am paranoid of my measurements. gonna go over and over it to make sure.
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote