Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The yellow inserts do not have Ambient Lighting --

We intend to offer those inserts so that people can individualize their interiors -- the inserts will come in various colors.......
So the Ambient lighting is actually a part of the inserts? I thought it was like a fiberoptic piping that was slightly behind the inserts. If we have ambient lighting already on the car and want to change the color of the inserts... does that get rid of the ambient lighting? Or is it something that is seperate from the inserts? Can you clarify this?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #16
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Amazing show. Here are some of my pics.

knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #17
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Actually I got there two hours before the show opened, should have read the paper! They let us in about half an hour early. Went straight to the Camaro. It was easily the most anticipated car there. Sure, some of it may have been because it is so new but I didn't see anyone standing around the '10 Mustang besides a camera crew.
Anyway, she is in the first photo in the above post standing in the back behind the open door.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #18
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

We intend to offer those inserts so that people can individualize their interiors -- the inserts will come in various colors.......
Sorry Scott,

I'm thinking I'm confused.

Assuming ABL is working as intended. If you order the yellow inserts they will not come with ABL?

Or are you saying that this particular car with the yellow inserts is sans ABL.

Thanks. I think I know the answer but I wanted to be sure.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Sorry Scott,

I'm thinking I'm confused.

Assuming ABL is working as intended. If you order the yellow inserts they will not come with ABL?

Or are you saying that this particular car with the yellow inserts is sans ABL.

Thanks. I think I know the answer but I wanted to be sure.
I think he means you will be able to order the colored inserts without the ABL... that does not mean you automatically get ABL with the color inserts. But I do think if you order ABL you get the colored inserts in that package...
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #20
phlegm

Drives: '89 Bonneville; '10 2LT/RS
One thing I enjoyed about the show last night when I went was that every time I walked by the camaro, it was surrounded by onlookers. Every time I passed the new mustangs on display, it had maybe 2-3 people looking at it..
phlegm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #21
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Scott, no offense here, but it kinda pisses me and many others off on how these cars are being displayed to the public. We couldn't get the door open last week in Raleigh for this same car and were told that they were not given a key to the car so they couldn't drive it or unlock it. How the hell did they get it in the building?

I fielded questions for 2 days on the car because the people that were there to discuss the car with the public could only take down contact information and tell them that they would be getting something in the mail in 4-6 weeks. Who the hell wants to get information in almost 2 months?

Sorry for the rant, but it doesn't make sense to use the same car in back to back events and handle it so differently. I know this is not a final production vehicle, but the average person going to these events just wants to see the inside and not think they are looking at a pusher, even if it is. We're past the concept, could be stage. People need to get their hands on these cars. At the least, they needed to be telling people when the V6s would be in dealers so they could see one.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #22
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:

This is good to know since I really plan on replacing my 1SS/RS cloth ones...which I feel, just don't look right.

(I never thought I'd want to replace something with plastic, but...!)
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
xBADASSCHEVYx

Drives: 1989 Chevy 1500
I live in Louisville,KY i am goin to the 2011 Carl Casper Auto Show gunna wear my CAMARO5 T-Shirt
xBADASSCHEVYx is offline   Reply With Quote