Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 06-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #1
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Southeast Camaro5Fest III Thursday group

This is the thread for anyone who plans to travel to Indy on Thursday August 2nd. In order for the Atlanta group to arrive in time to check in and participate in the planned cruise, we will need to leave very early Thursday morning.

This is what I am proposing but am definitely open to any reasonable input!

Thursday August 2nd - 5:00AM Rally point
5:00AM ET Depart from Exxon exit 271 off I-75
8:15AM ET Arrive in Murfreesboro, TN area for gas stop & snacks (193 miles approx)
8:45AM ET Depart Murfreesboro, TN area
10:15AM - 10;30 ET Arrive Bowling Green, KY area for rally point (93 miles)
12:30PM ETArrive Sellersburg, IN area for gas stop, lunch and rally point (123.5 miles approx)
1:30PM ET Depart Sellersburg, IN area
3:30PM ET Arrive Indianapolis (111 miles approx)

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...3b3c76d5&msa=0

We may be able to travel a bit faster than this, but better to build in time for the unexpected. I will be editing this original post (OP) as we get a list of those expecting to participate and any details that get added such as specific stopping points, etc. Please let me know if you cannot drive that distance on a full tank!

These are the members I have in this group from ACE5:
dexcam1
Rachel?
Gtsmoke
tae ss
KD
dirishboy
dianeokie
skidpuppy
johndawg (?)
MIKnam67
driser

KY (possibly Lexington)
MackMan
Megatron
Ky.camaro
Heaven_is_inferno_orange

TN (Nashville)
tysen
CamaroRS/SS10
jeffswhitess
Black Beauty

TN (Murfreesboro)
DPerry
JCole

TN (Knoxville)
flht99b

NC
1 FAST SS

I just got these names from browsing through various threads associated with CamaroFest III

If I need to add, amend or delete, let me know!

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words

Last edited by dianeokie; 07-29-2012 at 05:58 PM.
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I'll be with the Thursday group.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
I'll be with you guys on Thursday, as well as a bunch of Camaros from the Nashville area. I know you just put this thread up, but if we could get a Google map showing your route with stops that would be great. I'm going to try to get a tally for the Camaros joining from our area.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Ky.camaro

Drives: 2010 synergy green camaro
looks like thursday has got about 20 already ....
Ky.camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpuppy View Post
I'll be with the Thursday group.
Added, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I'll be with you guys on Thursday, as well as a bunch of Camaros from the Nashville area. I know you just put this thread up, but if we could get a Google map showing your route with stops that would be great. I'm going to try to get a tally for the Camaros joining from our area.
Ok, will take some technical assistance, and I'd like to have point people from each group as well. I have put out a couple of feelers about the stops we have planned, so I'm waiting for those to reply back. We need easy in, easy out stops with adequate facilities so we don't get separated too much or have extended stops. I'm planning on having some details by Thursday, if not before. Will that work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky.camaro View Post
looks like thursday has got about 20 already ....

Old 06-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Tysen

I'll get the map put up for you, just need to know where exactly you are starting from. If you need help with anything, let me know.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #7
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Let me know where in Knoxville you plan to stop Thursday morning. I'm in Knoxville and will meet up with you.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Tysen

Here's a basic map until I get definite arrival/departure locations.

Last edited by Tysen; 06-26-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Tysen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
I'll get the map put up for you, just need to know where exactly you are starting from. If you need help with anything, let me know.
Sounds good. I'm just getting ideas together about where to stop, I have some ideas about criteria, but need some input from locals on where the stops need to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Let me know where in Knoxville you plan to stop Thursday morning. I'm in Knoxville and will meet up with you.
Ed M.
Thanks Ed, I'd like to be somewhere on the N/NE side of Knoxville up 75/640. Do you have some recommendations of ideal spots for 20+ cars to stop, fill up, get a snack and get back on the road without traveling far off the interstate and crossing busy traffic. I find exits with "nice" truck stops are often ideal.

Quote:
Here's a basic map until I get definite arrival/departure locations.

Did you mean to attach a map We'll probably need 2 as you all are coming from the Nashville area, right?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
Tysen

That's a map of the key rally points. I figured I would leave it up to the individual on which spot they meet at. The Nashville group will more than likely meet up with you at the Louisville stop. I attached the times so that people knew what time they needed to be at the stop to merge with the rest of the group.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I prefer to go up Thursday, but will have to figure out how to get up early enough to be up I-75 by 5:00 am

I will let you know for certain l little later.

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
That's a map of the key rally points. I figured I would leave it up to the individual on which spot they meet at. The Nashville group will more than likely meet up with you at the Louisville stop. I attached the times so that people knew what time they needed to be at the stop to merge with the rest of the group.
I don't see a map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
I prefer to go up Thursday, but will have to figure out how to get up early enough to be up I-75 by 5:00 am

I will let you know for certain l little later.

David
OK, sounds good!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Tysen

Direct image links from camaro5 never work. I'll put the map on photobucket and update my posts.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Thanks Ed, I'd like to be somewhere on the N/NE side of Knoxville up 75/640. Do you have some recommendations of ideal spots for 20+ cars to stop, fill up, get a snack and get back on the road without traveling far off the interstate and crossing busy traffic. I find exits with "nice" truck stops are often ideal.

Actually the largest truck stop in the area is at the Watt road exit ( west Knoxville ) which is exit 369 on I40. 3 gas stations, places for food and quick on and off the highway. I live a few miles from that exit. As you go east on I40/75 and 640 the gas stations aren't right on/off the highway. The other option might be the Merchant road exit on I75 north, it's the first exit once you get off 640.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote