Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
My brother has lived in Denver for 20 years and he doesn't own a 4x4. I live in Nebraska and drive mine through snow. Just get some good Blizzaks snow tires if you want to drive. They have snow plows that clear the roads, if the roads are too bad to drive more than likely the city would be shut down anyways. Don't sell your car.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #16
SGTMiller278CAV
Silver Surfer

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
My brother has lived in Denver for 20 years and he doesn't own a 4x4. I live in Nebraska and drive mine through snow. Just get some good Blizzaks snow tires if you want to drive. They have snow plows that clear the roads, if the roads are too bad to drive more than likely the city would be shut down anyways. Don't sell your car.
SLP Loudmouth 1 Exhaust / Magnaflow Resonated X pipe / 22 Inch AAC Dynamic Scanner / Reverse Rally Stripes / LS badges (emblempros.com) / Gill Decals / Flat Black SS Rims / SS Rear Diffuser / Flat Black Spoiler / Heritage Grill / Custom Painted Tail Light Bezels / Custom Painted Engine Cover / Plati Dipped Trunk Lid

SGTMiller278CAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 AM   #17
Icefsh

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS M6
Unless you can keep your car garaged from November to mid May. I would sell it and buy a sporty SUV. Even with roads plowed and sanded, the sand will chip your paint bad. Even if they stop sanding in April, it is still on the side of the roads. When trucks go by it can be like a sand storm.

Living in the Denver area and me being anal about keeping my car paint in great condition. I just drive it when the steets are clear. They have been using Mag Cloride (kind of a liquid salt solution) on the streets before a predicted snow storm. Don't think they use it in the mountians though. Tuff to wash a car by hand when it is below freezing all the time. You can just spray it off only at drive in car washes ( won't take my car through an automatic car wash). But not the results I like. Plus Avon gets alot more snow than Denver and it stays around all winter long.

Power goes down I think 3 percent every thousand feet of altitude you go up. So your car would be down almost 25 percent from sea level.

All that said. The 5-6 months you can drive safely, It would be a blast on canyon roads and mountian passes. Plus cooler air in summer would cut down on heat soak. Good luck on your decision.
Icefsh is offline   Reply With Quote