Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #57
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Been put away since September. She will come out in April.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #58
TORKED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Nov 1st - Apr 1st. Long WI winters... I've also waited much past April 1st if there's a trace of salt in the air.
TORKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #59
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I drive mine whenever the roads are dry. Store it and watch it depreciate- No thanks.
Are roads covered in ice considered "dry"? If the answer is "no", then I do the same as you . I drive it every day the roads are dry. If I'm lucky that's 5 months of the year :(. Oh, but what a 5 months it is!

I'd rather have it depreciate slowly in a garage then rapidly depreciate after wrapping it around a tree or slipping off the road into a ditch . Living in Alaska can be a little extreme.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #60
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPT View Post
Are roads covered in ice considered "dry"? If the answer is "no", then I do the same as you . I drive it every day the roads are dry. If I'm lucky that's 5 months of the year :(. Oh, but what a 5 months it is!

I'd rather have it depreciate slowly in a garage then rapidly depreciate after wrapping it around a tree or slipping off the road into a ditch . Living in Alaska can be a little extreme.
If driven correctly with the proper tires, this car can be driven in all conditions. That being said, I wouldn't drive any vehicle with ice on the road.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubbles, but it's not like the cars from the 50's & 60's that will be worth more than what you paid for it in 30-40 years.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #61
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Went into storage on 11/1/12 and will come out on 3/30/13. One cool thing about storing it in the winter is it's almost like the feeling when I drove the car for the first time. Car still smells like new (2010) and I love the feeling when I drive it for the first time in 6 months.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #62
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
I store mine every night for 8-12 hours... :-) Daily driver so it sees it all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #63
IPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
If driven correctly with the proper tires, this car can be driven in all conditions. That being said, I wouldn't drive any vehicle with ice on the road.

LOL, good thing you don't live up here in Alaska. You'd miss about 30% of your work days! Unless you had another way to get to work without driving on the icy roads . Sometimes it's worse than others (glare ice vs just heavily compacted snow iced over) but after Oct you can expect icy roads up here!

Proper tires, that's the key! I run Blizzaks on my Trailblazer. Studded tires are quite legal and used often too. Especially for people that live in the mtns like me. As for the Camaro being able to be driven in all conditions, I might beg to differ. On the whole I agree with you, with proper tires these cars can probably get a lot of places. Strangly I've seen a few Challengers and Mustangs around town but no Camaros. You start going up steep roads into the mtns, iced over or with 2 ft of snow covering them and you are just not gonna fair well in a Camaro. It doesn't matter what kind of tires you have (maybe if your chained up ), but really what's the point. There are times I white knuckle it in low gear, 4WD, and Blizzaks on all 4 corners going to work. Thankfully those days are the exception not the rule. The payoffs of the beauty up here make it well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Sorry to burst anyone's bubbles, but it's not like the cars from the 50's & 60's that will be worth Winter ride
more than what you paid for it in 30-40 years.
I couldn't agree more. People with the old muscle cars didn't have the hindsight we have now. Today there are too many people keeping cars in pristine conditions. That however will not lower the precieved value and joy of having a pristine Camaro in 20 to 30 years to go out and play in (During non winter months of course LOL).
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #64
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Winter? What's that?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #65
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
From Nov 1 to May 1
How can you live in a place like that?
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #66
IPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
How can you live in a place like that?
LOL, can't speak for him personally...but my guess is it's because it is beautiful, has a low population density, good jobs, and a relatively low cost of living . He probably isn't afraid to burn his hands on his steering wheel either . (I've done that down in Phoenix...dang that places gets HOT).
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #67
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Put mine away for a long winters nap 11/1. Natasha got cold so had to put the cover on her. Now she's complaining that she is still cold, so a garage heater is in the near future til she comes out in April, depending weather and cinders. I miss her but go out and spend time with her everyday so she doesn't get lonely.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote