Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2017, 05:59 PM   #15
Cornholio
I need Teepee!

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
I don't know my rate and I'm pretty sure I don't care.
Residual is $37,xxx
I traded my 2014 Camaro (15,000) GM Card points (1500) and put down 6000 cash. 39mo/12,000mile/yr. 800+ credit score.
Payment: 347.00/mo
This is bad, very bad. NEVER put this much $ down on a leased car. Should have just financed it.

http://www.realcartips.com/leasing/0...ar-lease.shtml
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #16
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Drives: '17 Jet Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miacamaro77 View Post
648 for a zl1 wow I pay near that for a 2ss. OUCH!!!! 0 DOWN BUT STILL
After the sales tax on top of the lease payment it's actually $699.....but still

For comparison, when I got my Hot Wheels SS in 2013 I got it for roughly $42,500 (around $46,000 after sales tax), had roughly $2,000 in rebates and put down around $4,500. I got a 6 year loan and my payments were $576 per month. Not too bad a deal stepping up from a 5th Gen SS to a 6th Gen ZL1 for only $122 more a month!

My wife was actually the one who persuaded me to look into leasing. She keeps her cars until they're paid off, but in the 22 years we've been together she hasn't known me to pay off one of my "new" fun cars yet. I usually seem to keep them an average of 3 years....tops! When you do the math, it just doesn't make sense for someone like me to buy (in my humble opinion).

People thinking about leasing just need to be informed, know how the lease formula works, go into it with both eyes open and be alert for any possible dealer shenanigans.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #17
BSR-1

Drives: 17 ZL1 M6 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
This is bad, very bad. NEVER put this much $ down on a leased car. Should have just financed it.

http://www.realcartips.com/leasing/0...ar-lease.shtml
It got me into the car at a payment I can afford.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:56 PM   #18
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSR-1 View Post
It got me into the car at a payment I can afford.
This makes no sense though. You could (at least) put that down payment away and pay more per month using that money.

As it stands, if something (God forbid) happens to the car, you're out that money.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #19
utsteve98

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 2017 Ford Raptor
So I just talked to Ally Bank. They said everything is done through the dealer and they just buy the contract from the dealer. Of course, I spoke with my dealer and they said they don't do leases on specialty vehicles.
utsteve98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:51 PM   #20
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
This makes no sense though. You could (at least) put that down payment away and pay more per month using that money.

As it stands, if something (God forbid) happens to the car, you're out that money.
Huh, he actually is winning in his deal.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #21
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
So I just talked to Ally Bank. They said everything is done through the dealer and they just buy the contract from the dealer. Of course, I spoke with my dealer and they said they don't do leases on specialty vehicles.
Not sure why they would consider the ZL1 1LE a "specialty" vehicle.....it's just a ZL1 with the 1LE option package, but who knows? I wonder if they realize that GM Financial is back in the leasing business? The reason I ask, is that several of the dealers I spoke to didn't have a clue that GM Financial was leasing again. I had to specifically tell them, and INSIST that they look into it.

For whatever reason GM Financial will directly lease Camaros (including ZL1's), but they won't lease Corvettes.I literally got my "GM Financial Leasing" Account Summary and my monthly bill/statement in the mail 2 days ago. Honestly, INSIST that they dig deeper for you, or just go somewhere else. I ended up flying to St. Louis and driving my ZL1 home 460 miles.

You can't build the 2018's on the Chevy site yet, but using the 17 configured like mine in the link below, at the "Summary" page click on the "Lease" tab and then click on the "Adjust Payments" next to the pencil.You can adjust the term, mileage limits and down payment/rebates, down payment, trade, and GM Card points to get a pretty good estimate of what your pre-tax payments would be. You could probably get creative building a convertible ZL1 and play with the options to approximate the cost of a ZL1 1LE. Hopefully the residual and lease rate for the 18's will stay similar to the 17's.
http://www.chevrolet.com/byo-vc/clie...0000&optFlag=C

Not sure where in Texas you are, but just to give you a heads up, Clay Cooley Chevy in Dallas/Irving is the dealership with the magic math that quoted me well over $970 per month BEFORE tax. To top it off the finance guy who I had a pleasant conversation with that morning & early afternoon, and claimed to be a former Green Beret, ended up going absolutely ape-$h1t and was literally yellingat me on the phone with me in the afternoon when I questioned the high quote he gave me and I told him that the quotes I was getting from other dealerships for comparable ZL1's were in the low to mid $700's. Before I could fully reply to his yelling at me that the other dealerships were "pulling a fast one on me", he then hung up on me in mid sentence. Nice dealership and classy guy ! Like I said, just to give you a heads up.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:43 AM   #22
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post
Not sure why they would consider the ZL1 1LE a "specialty" vehicle.....it's just a ZL1 with the 1LE option package, but who knows? I wonder if they realize that GM Financial is back in the leasing business? The reason I ask, is that several of the dealers I spoke to didn't have a clue that GM Financial was leasing again. I had to specifically tell them, and INSIST that they look into it.

For whatever reason GM Financial will directly lease Camaros (including ZL1's), but they won't lease Corvettes.I literally got my "GM Financial Leasing" Account Summary and my monthly bill/statement in the mail 2 days ago. Honestly, INSIST that they dig deeper for you, or just go somewhere else. I ended up flying to St. Louis and driving my ZL1 home 460 miles.

You can't build the 2018's on the Chevy site yet, but using the 17 configured like mine in the link below, at the "Summary" page click on the "Lease" tab and then click on the "Adjust Payments" next to the pencil.You can adjust the term, mileage limits and down payment/rebates, down payment, trade, and GM Card points to get a pretty good estimate of what your pre-tax payments would be. You could probably get creative building a convertible ZL1 and play with the options to approximate the cost of a ZL1 1LE. Hopefully the residual and lease rate for the 18's will stay similar to the 17's.

Not sure where in Texas you are, but just to give you a heads up, Clay Cooley Chevy in Dallas/Irving is the dealership with the magic math that quoted me well over $970 per month BEFORE tax. To top it off the finance guy who I had a pleasant conversation with that morning & early afternoon, and claimed to be a former Green Beret, ended up going absolutely ape-$h1t and was literally yellingat me on the phone with me in the afternoon when I questioned the high quote he gave me and I told him that the quotes I was getting from other dealerships for comparable ZL1's were in the low to mid $700's. Before I could fully reply to his yelling at me that the other dealerships were "pulling a fast one on me", he then hung up on me in mid sentence. Nice dealership and classy guy ! Like I said, just to give you a heads up.

Residual is #58%. 970 Monthly with how much down? Basic mathematics & with first months payment that sounds about right. $970 X 36 is $34,920. Maybe you should go to run GM as I am sure they have their reasons not offering leases on certain models.
Old 06-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #23
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Residual is #58%. 970 Monthly with how much down? Basic mathematics & with first months payment that sounds about right. $970 X 36 is $34,920.
"Basic mathematics"?....You didn't just call me stupid, did you?.
No, in my case $970 was definitely not right. I had GM Military Pricing, another $3,500 in rebates & GM Card points and I also put an aditional $3,000 down....just as I had for all of the other quotes I got. Quote was at 57% Residual and for a 39 month term.

Quote:
Maybe you should go to run GM as I am sure they have their reasons not offering leases on certain models.
Wow...where did that come from??? I simply said:
"Not sure why they would consider the ZL1 1LE a "specialty" vehicle.....it's just a ZL1 with the 1LE option package, but who knows?". Hell, I was referring to the dealership anyway, not GM.

If I didn't know any better, I might think you were trying to start an internet p1$$ing contest with me for some reason.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:12 AM   #24
Dethsupp0rt

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Huh, he actually is winning in his deal.
He's effectively paying $850/month ($6000 down over that 39 month period is about $150/month).

The bad part is if something happens to the car, and it's a total loss, he loses that entire $6000. If that happens at month 36, then it's palatable. But what if it happens at month 3? He will have effectively paid $7400+ for 3 months use of the car.

You have to cover your six. Only thing you should put down on a lease is TTL and first payment at most. Put whatever money you would normally want to put down away, earn interest on it, and use it to pay the larger monthly payment.
Dethsupp0rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:16 AM   #25
KenB925

Drives: Raptor
Quote:
Residual is #58%. 970 Monthly with how much down? Basic mathematics & with first months payment that sounds about right. $970 X 36 is $34,920. Maybe you should go to run GM as I am sure they have their reasons not offering leases on certain models.
Yup, those numbers look about right...unfortunately.
KenB925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #26
solobaric

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post

I used this link. I was curious about the 6,902 due at signing. Were your GM Card earnings used for part of that 6,902? I read where you only put 3,000 cash down.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:54 PM   #27
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
There's no way Chevy will lease a ZL1 1LE.
The 1LE is just a package!! They will have leasing
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:58 PM   #28
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
The 1LE is just a package!! They will have leasing
On a limited production piece?

I have a hard time believing that. Considering the nature of the vehicle, especially.

EDIT: Normally, yes, I agree, the 1LE for the Sixxer and the SS is just a package, I believe with the limited numbers (speculation) being produced, as well as the "track" specific nature of the car, I doubt it will be available for lease for the ZL1 1LE.

I could be wrong, but from my rapport with car dealers, I doubt this specific model will qualify for leasing.
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote