Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
93TAWicked1

Drives: Camaro
Headers cats\no cats

I have a pretty much stock 2011 SS with an eforce. Power wise I'm pretty happy with it. Throttle response and drivability I think could be better.

My plan was to get the fuel system up to snuff. I picked up a ZL1 pump and ID 850 injectors Was going to do the ADM, rotofab and a one step smaller pulley. Dyno tune it and call it good.

I'm reading that headers maybe needed for what I'm looking for and that more importantly the stock cats are a potential hazard in an FI car. And that no cats is the way to go.

Any experience with this from you guys running FI?
93TAWicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
pincushin3819

Drives: 11 AGP TT SS, 14 ECS C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93TAWicked1 View Post
I have a pretty much stock 2011 SS with an eforce. Power wise I'm pretty happy with it. Throttle response and drivability I think could be better.

My plan was to get the fuel system up to snuff. I picked up a ZL1 pump and ID 850 injectors Was going to do the ADM, rotofab and a one step smaller pulley. Dyno tune it and call it good.

I'm reading that headers maybe needed for what I'm looking for and that more importantly the stock cats are a potential hazard in an FI car. And that no cats is the way to go.

Any experience with this from you guys running FI?
Hey buddy, if you want better throttle response an intake & throttle body really wake up PD cars like eforce, maggies ect & make pretty decent power gains also. The drive ability of the car in my experience has to do with the tune & tuner most of the time. I melted a hi flow cat when I had a maggie on my car, it can cause a lot of different issues. If you can get away with a cat less set up in your state I definitely would go that route plus it will save you some $ going with off road pipes. Also if you decide to do headers 2 inch headers would be the best bet for FI, it gains more power & tq all across the rpm rang compared to 1 7/8 & 1 3/4 headers. You will also lose around 1.5 to 2 lbs of boost with headers, which is also a good thing & if your doing a pulley swap it should put your right back to the original boost level but with way more power on tap.
TSP has really nice headers & mid pipes, if you start comparing companys & prices you will see it's probably the best bang for the buck.
Good luck with the build & have a happy thanksgiving!
pincushin3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 04:29 PM   #3
nosmr2

Drives: 2011 L99 SS
No cats here.

nosmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
SoChrisB

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
just ordered my headers and decided against cats because of what was said about re: melting the hi-flow cats.
SoChrisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #5
Js2fst
2010 transformer

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
I think 2" headers are at the end of the max of this style of super chargers. I think 1 &7/8 will be fine
2010 transformer, vertical doors, 315nt05 rears, pedders supercar coilovers, hotchkis sway bars, links, adjustable, toe bars, bmr poly cradle bushings, 1le control arms, bmr tunnel brace, bmr subframe connectors. Cam 227/239-623-620@114 Mast medium bore heads, sw 1 7/8 headers, cat delete, x pipe, 3" dynomax true duals, fuel rails, fast 102 intake and NW 102 throttle body, catch can, rotofab cai, shifter, raptor custom shift light. Dss drive shaft, 3.91 gears. 492 rwhp
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:01 AM   #6
pincushin3819

Drives: 11 AGP TT SS, 14 ECS C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2fst View Post
I think 2" headers are at the end of the max of this style of super chargers. I think 1 &7/8 will be fine
Below you will find a link to real data showing the difference between 2 inch & the rest on a N/A car. Now imagine on forced induction. Just food for thought for anyone on the fence.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63640
pincushin3819 is offline   Reply With Quote