Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #295
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro X View Post
Although I live in Tampa, I had this message pop up today!

And also, it looks like the temperture sensor is broken!

Did I mention I live in Tampa.
There were snow fluries in the area today, I didn't see any.

I normally keep my car in the garage even if I an going to be leaving again quickly.
Today I didn't. I'm glad birds like (or dislike) Mustangs.
Not a drop on the Camaro.

This is why I agree that you should keep your Camaro in the garage in the winter months. Or at least park a Mustang next to it for the birds to crap on!
Old 01-10-2010, 08:05 PM   #296
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_2SS View Post
+1 on that!! Wow, mine got stuck on 1 inch of packed snow in the middle of a nearly level street. I had to shovel the whole street right down to my garage to get it there. It felt like it didn't even have wheels on it in the snow!!
Same experiance. Backed out of the post office and couldn't make it up the like 2% grade hill....had to back up down the block and go the other way...took it to the shop, washed/waxed it, and it hasn't moved since
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #297
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
PUT the Camaro back in the garage....
Couldn't of said it better, lol.

Here is where my Camaro is now...

Old 01-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #298
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Nice RC51
My dads VTR1000/Superhawk is sleeping beside my Camaro in the Garage, gotta love V-twins and their low end torque
Yea I love my RC. I bought a inline last year but I always seem to take the twin out instead, until I got the camaro.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:42 PM   #299
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewelrsss32 View Post
Snow and Camaros dont mix
I rather like my seasonal custom paint
Name:  39.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  92.4 KB
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #300
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
I think I see bigfoot...
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:47 PM   #301
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
And eveyone that complains about summer tires in the snow. Summer tires would preform that way on any car not just the Camaro. Problems driving with summer tires in a snowstorm with the owner not the car.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #302
mrgoombatts

Drives: jeep srt8
Hey there I live in long island new york its been snowing on and off here the past week or two, not to mention the freezing cold temps in the low teens and twentys. all I have to say is i love driving this car in the snow. im using the stock summer only pirellis 20 inch that are on my 2lt rs. No problems with these tires in the snow. The only problems I have is when its really cold my car is all over the place i guess because my tires are like frozen solid with little thread. PLease tell me has anyone else left thier summer tires on this winter. Does anyone think im crazy , and am i ruining my tires..
mrgoombatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #303
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoombatts View Post
Hey there I live in long island new york its been snowing on and off here the past week or two, not to mention the freezing cold temps in the low teens and twentys. all I have to say is i love driving this car in the snow. im using the stock summer only pirellis 20 inch that are on my 2lt rs. No problems with these tires in the snow. The only problems I have is when its really cold my car is all over the place i guess because my tires are like frozen solid with little thread. PLease tell me has anyone else left thier summer tires on this winter. Does anyone think im crazy , and am i ruining my tires..
I think you are asking for trouble doing that. I wouldn't think you are ruining your tires if you are just spinning them on snow. I love the 20" Pirelli scorpion ice and snow tires, they feel like the Pzeros on the car, but grip in snow and ice.

Even me with my 4 mile commute did not want to chance taking the camaro out on summer tires in the snow. I could have left it in the garage all winter, but that is no fun.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #304
Class1E

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoombatts View Post
I'd consider some Pirelli Scorpions; they are something like $130 a tire cheaper than the PZeros, so you will probably even come out money ahead in the long run.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #305
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
Mirror defrosters and heated seats say otherwise.
...and traction control and StabiliTrak!
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #306
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewelrsss32 View Post
Snow and Camaros dont mix
x2 although my Goodrich T/A's should do fine. Fearless has not seen any snow yet.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #307
sleddog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 Black
I drove mine the first 300 miles home on ice and snow on stock tires, but now have winter tires coming for her. It has not moved since I got her home, to dang slick with the stockers on her. I have about 110 miles to drive once I get the snow tires just to get um to a tire shop to put um on. YOu just have to be careful and not rip the seat cover's if ya know what I mean, the pucker factor gets pretty high at time.
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #308
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Camaro in the snow

Drove the car in the snow last night. Had no choice, went out and when I came back to the car, we had about 2 inches of snow.
Car did not take well to it. I have the Aluminum 18's and slid all over the place. Guess it's been a while since I drove a rear wheel drive car in the white stuff.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
snow, winter