Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #113
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLWN/LE View Post
I don't find it odd at all that the 5.0 might have a few runs out there in the mid twelve's on a perfect condition scenario, the fact of the matter is they have 2-3 years of being around longer. So that's translates to way more passes then the 1LE.
You still claim low 12' s with bone stock mustang's but I'm yet to find a legitimate source claiming your posts, and frankly it is just that without actual data to back it up. Please do show me some actual proof to your 12.2 claims, I would love to see it.
At the end of the day you could write what ever you want on the internet and it's held in the same regards as your opinion is. (and we know where that ranks with me)
Hey this morning I went 12.5 in my stock 2010 Dodge ram hemi ..(see how easy it is).
I think you got a lot of pipe dreams my man with you 'know you could of got a 12.3 or mustard a 12.4' ...but what I think you got is a lot of B.S.

I'll stick with the actual reviews from guys who do this for living not some post that a dude is inflating cause his butt hurts that he sold his 5.0 .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I am going to keep things simple since you can't seem to understand sentences.

1. Not mid 12s, low 12s.

12.2 and 12.4 on that list
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ack-times.html

12.3/12.4 here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...gt-12-3-a.html

Theres are a handful more 12.4's search around.

12.5-12.6 there is a ton scattered through the forums

2. You stick to your magazines and reviews, I will stick to experience
3. Learn to read, I am not hurt that I sold my 5.0.
4. Actually READ the first post of this thread, try slower this time, that might help.
5. The camaro has been around longer than the current 5.0. The 1le is NOT faster then the regular SS, look at the camaro fast list, one 12.58.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #114
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
LE is slower 1/4 because you have to use 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #115
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
The OP is stating his opinion of the 5.0 versus his newly purchased 1LE. It shows what opinions are worth. The fact of the matter is the 5.0 does absolutely nothing better then the 13/14 1LE, nothing!!
The straight line performance is such a coin flip that were talking about 1 or 2 tenths of second in favor of either car, It's called driver mod, who ever has the better one will win, plain and simple. Any review I have seen with the 2 cars 1/4 mile or 0-60 always shows the 1Le as the slight favorite. So with that said what does it do that's better? Is it the handling ? ... Is it it's rigid ride or it's sloppy shifter? Is it's awful new looks (2015)? What, please tell, still can't find one. Oh wait maybe it's the live rear axle , nope that's not it....Hmmmmmm...

Now to Mr. confused 'Novie Le' in one of your posts you stated stock 5.0's were running low 12's....by low 12's I assume you mean 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 ,12.3, or even 12.4.......In what world do you live? Was Jesus C. driving cause I am yet to see one lower then 12.5 , which I do not consider low 12's. Also you better believe if that 12.5 was doable in that 5.0 then it's 100 percent doable in the 1LE (sure it was a fluke anyways) , especially when stock 1Le's are running 12.6- 12.9 consistently...

Hey man thanks again for your opinions ....

Enjoy..........................

http://youtu.be/dtmku2Lw5es
I think you missed OP's point - that the Mustang FELT faster. The same comment was echoed by MT's own tester and Randy Pobst. That's not exactly the same thing as actually being faster. Otherwise it seems he agrees with you about the handling.

Preference for daily use is much more of an individual thing and is about much more than just the objective test data. However, OP did state that his 1LE isn't trying to fill that mission.

For handling, the comment about the Mustang being looser on turn-in is a pretty good indication of it feeling a little more nimble . . . this being a desirable handling characteristic at autocross, assuming that you can keep up with it.

For the acceleration times to be within a tenth and calling it a wash is fair enough. For handling, comparable windows would be a couple hundredths of a g on the skidpad, somewhere between 1 and 1.5 mph through the slalom and maybe a second or so in lap time at Streets of Willow. Sure, the Mustang GT is still off the 1LE's numbers by more than those "tolerances". Nobody is arguing any different.

Truth is, the 1LE as a dual purpose street/track day car represents a pretty good target for anybody interested in upgrading the handling potential of their own car for the same uses, regardless of whether that might be a Mustang GT or a Camaro SS. Guess we'll have to see what the S550 brings to the table . . .

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #116
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
I am going to keep things simple since you can't seem to understand sentences.

1. Not mid 12s, low 12s.

12.2 and 12.4 on that list
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ack-times.html

12.3/12.4 here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...gt-12-3-a.html

Theres are a handful more 12.4's search around.

12.5-12.6 there is a ton scattered through the forums

2. You stick to your magazines and reviews, I will stick to experience
3. Learn to read, I am not hurt that I sold my 5.0.
4. Actually READ the first post of this thread, try slower this time, that might help.
5. The camaro has been around longer than the current 5.0. The 1le is NO faster then the regular SS, look at the camaro fast list, one 12.58.
Yeah... more here say written down on a mustang forum with no actual proof beside the word 'stock' written next to it
These guys must be in your highly ranked opinion club for butt hurts.
1BLWN/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #117
Novie LE

Quote:
Yeah... more here say written down on a mustang forum with no actual proof beside the word 'stock' written next to it
These guys must be in your highly ranked opinion club for butt hurts.
Food for thought, the 12.3 guy on that list passed away a couple months ago....they made a sticky for him on a mustang forum.....

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...ta-(Uncle-Phil)

He must have been a huge bullshit artist to be nationally known in a community. I suggest thinking before posting because you are making yourself look like a hater.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 AM   #118
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I think you missed OP's point - that the Mustang FELT faster. The same comment was echoed by MT's own tester and Randy Pobst. That's not exactly the same thing as actually being faster. Otherwise it seems he agrees with you about the handling.

Preference for daily use is much more of an individual thing and is about much more than just the objective test data. However, OP did state that his 1LE isn't trying to fill that mission.

For handling, the comment about the Mustang being looser on turn-in is a pretty good indication of it feeling a little more nimble . . . this being a desirable handling characteristic at autocross, assuming that you can keep up with it.

For the acceleration times to be within a tenth and calling it a wash is fair enough. For handling, comparable windows would be a couple hundredths of a g on the skidpad, somewhere between 1 and 1.5 mph through the slalom and maybe a second or so in lap time at Streets of Willow. Sure, the Mustang GT is still off the 1LE's numbers by more than those "tolerances". Nobody is arguing any different.

Truth is, the 1LE as a dual purpose street/track day car represents a pretty good target for anybody interested in upgrading the handling potential of their own car for the same uses, regardless of whether that might be a Mustang GT or a Camaro SS. Guess we'll have to see what the S550 brings to the table . . .

Norm
I always enjoy reading your posts.
+1
Old 03-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #119
Novie LE

Quote:
I always enjoy reading your posts.
+1
So how can you +1 one this when Norm simply summarized my first post and the comparrison video you posted. You are either completely clueless, didnt read the first post, or you are drunk. Either way you contradict yourself more than a woman.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #120
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Food for thought, the 12.3 guy on that list passed away a couple months ago....they made a sticky for him on a mustang forum.....

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...ta-(Uncle-Phil)

He must have been a huge bullshit artist to be nationally known in a community. I suggest thinking before posting because you are making yourself look like a hater.

The thinking went out the door when you made your first post bright guy..
The only hater is you, who is unable to prove with actual fact and not here say.
People die every minute, that's life..
Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 AM   #121
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
So how can you +1 one this when Norm simply summarized my first post and the comparrison video you posted. You are either completely clueless, didnt read the first post, or you are drunk. Either way you contradict yourself more than a woman.
I got it you must be a 12 year old on his daddy's computer, makes sense now..
Old 03-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #122
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Proof of "stock" on the fast lists here isn't any stronger.

But why is the discussion still centering around drag racing when the topic (including MT's and Randy's comments) is not really about the Mustang being faster, only feeling like it might be.

Edit, yeah, I keep falling behind here.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #123
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Mustang GT 5.0 vs Camaro SS 1LE

The mustang has an edge on the strip. 1LE abuses the road course. Either way. It's still a drivers race. /discussion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #124
Novie LE

Quote:
The thinking went out the door when you made your first post bright guy..
The only hater is you, who is unable to prove with actual fact and not here say.
People die every minute, that's life..
The first post was the comparrison, that mimics the video you posted, which mimics what Norm said...which you "+1"ed to. Seriously, your level of stuipidity is starting to scare me which makes me wonder why I even waste my time replying to you. Problem solved.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #125
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Old 03-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #126
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
The first post was the comparrison, that mimics the video you posted, which mimics what Norm said...which you "+1"ed to. butSeriously, your level of stuipidity is starting to scare me which makes me wonder why I even waste my time replying to you. Problem solved.
I was plus 1 ing his actual post due to his lack of words used, cause his posts are always so well prepared and put together despite the content butt boy.
And your right you are wasting your time, you Did that as soon as you entered the camaro forum, you must of used Google wrong