Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-04-2009, 07:14 AM   #813
kanakattack

Drives: wife's xterra
Got word from Cutter Chevy Honolulu yesterday that my car is being shipped, (I actually knew that thanks to the posts in this forum), asked for final price and was told 6-11,000 over MSRP. When I placed the order on 10/15/08 I was told that it would not be too much over MSRP because it would be a pre-order. In these times with the economy being as it is I really cannot justify paying that much over MSRP, I can understand a couple of thousands but it would be selfish of me to divert that much to someone else's pockets when I can use it for my family. I have enjoyed reading the excitement and anticipation of this forum but sadly will not be able to share in all of your happiness.
kanakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #814
crulgrl

Drives: 2008 Hummer H3
I am in the same boat:( and today is the first time I have posted anything on here so excuse me but I saw a post regarding an e-mail that was sent out saying to order before March 15, 2009 to get introductory price? I went back and actualy found this e-mail that I had also received from GM? I am going to bring this to their attention and see if it will make a difference?
Also I have been in contact with a gentelman by the name of Stick Bogart if you go to google and google his name you will see that he has helped several people get situations such as this one fixed.
My problem is that I do not have my price in writting. When I was at the dealership on Monday my sales person was going to get me a copy of it but she could not find her copy. She said that she would have to get a copy from the sales manager and fax it to me. She later told me that she found her copy, but the Sales Manager had taken all of my info from her and it was in the owners office?
If there is someone out there that has some paperwork to support this pricing issue this guy would be all over them. He has major contact information for GM and says that they do not need this kind of stuff going on especialy since they are shutting down honest dealerships.
Another good point would be the new GM Advantage that they are offering. This states that due to the economic situation they will cover negative equity in the vehicle? Of course there is limits to that but, if we all pay over sticker price eventualy we will all be negative. So what is GM going to do use more of the tax payers money to bail us all out just because we were stupid enough to pay more then the value of the car?
crulgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:54 AM   #815
prfireman

Drives: 1969 Pontiac Firebird
Mall Chevy
75 Haddonfield road
Cherry Hill New Jersey 08002
1-866-475-5793
MallChevy.com
prfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 AM   #816
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by prfireman View Post
Mall Chevy
75 Haddonfield road
Cherry Hill New Jersey 08002
1-866-475-5793
MallChevy.com
Yup.
they sold one last night for (no lie here, no lie) $7995 over msrp.
my jaw dropped. SOLD.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #817
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

Drives: 06 GMC Sierra 07 Caddy CTS-V
This price gouging on pre-ordered cars sounds a lot like a bait-and-switch tactic, which is illegal in most states. Ask the sales manager why he is pulling a "bait and switch", use that term exactly. It may alert him to the fact he is probably breaking the law. It may be helpful. It has worked for me before. Good luck.

Last edited by nvdirtbiker; 06-04-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spelling, grammer
nvdirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:00 PM   #818
nvdirtbiker
GM Fanatic

Drives: 06 GMC Sierra 07 Caddy CTS-V
Speaking of price-gouging dealers, Corona chevrolet in corona, california, is asking $41k for a V6 RS. Dealer mark up is $9995. I was in there this morning (6/4/09). Salesman told me the SS will price at $60k plus. I wished him luck, told him to have a nice day. What I didnt tell him was that they are not only losing my Camaro purchase (2SS), but that they have now lost my malibu purchase as well. I just moved to this town, and I wanted to keep my business local. Not with dealers like that. My GMC sierra now has 142,000 on it, and I will replace it with a silverado (i like the way those new ones look) in another year or so. They lost any chance at that sale too. Oh well, I hope he gets his $9995, cuz he lost every penny he could have ever gotten from me. The greed, the total lack of shame that gouging represents to me, well, it really turns me off from a dealer when I see that.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #819
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Cambridge Chevrolet
Cambridge, MA
617-864-5900

He told me $3000 over MSRP. Thats funny because the chevy dealer 2 towns over is selling at or slightly below MSRP and has only used up a handful of their allocation because nobody is buying these (or any) cars. I would guess that Cambridge Chevy has only sold a few too. Is it really worth it to double your profit on the Camaros you sell, and in the process reduce the number of camaros you DO sell by 75%? Seems like a loosing proposition to me.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #820
crulgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Cambridge Chevrolet
Cambridge, MA
617-864-5900

He told me $3000 over MSRP. Thats funny because the chevy dealer 2 towns over is selling at or slightly below MSRP and has only used up a handful of their allocation because nobody is buying these (or any) cars. I would guess that Cambridge Chevy has only sold a few too. Is it really worth it to double your profit on the Camaros you sell, and in the process reduce the number of camaros you DO sell by 75%? Seems like a loosing proposition to me.
I agree? However I did have a meeting this morning with the owner who at the time said that he was not aware of the issues and he was sorry for the way that I had been treated. He was going to check the status of my car and get back with me this afternoon. I received a call back and he said that after considering everything he thinks it would be best if I just take my business some where else. I asked him if that was the easy way out of the fact that they had already sold my car and he did not answer just said at this point he refused to sale me the car. Easy for him to say he is not the one that has waited and waited. I truely can not beleive this:( I have contacted GM again and I am waiting on a call back. They said their first step will be to see if he has actualy sold the vehicle and go from there?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #821
crulgrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdirtbiker View Post
Speaking of price-gouging dealers, Corona chevrolet in corona, california, is asking $41k for a V6 RS. Dealer mark up is $9995. I was in there this morning (6/4/09). Salesman told me the SS will price at $60k plus. I wished him luck, told him to have a nice day. What I didnt tell him was that they are not only losing my Camaro purchase (2SS), but that they have now lost my malibu purchase as well. I just moved to this town, and I wanted to keep my business local. Not with dealers like that. My GMC sierra now has 142,000 on it, and I will replace it with a silverado (i like the way those new ones look) in another year or so. They lost any chance at that sale too. Oh well, I hope he gets his $9995, cuz he lost every penny he could have ever gotten from me. The greed, the total lack of shame that gouging represents to me, well, it really turns me off from a dealer when I see that.
On my original call to GM they said that dealers could do this however, it was discouraged and if they got reports of this it could affect that dealers allocation. I would say everyone that has ran into this situation needs to call and report them to GM. GM needs to be held accountable for keeping its dealers in check. Other wise our next recession will not be from the mortgage industy but from the dealers that sold and financed these cars for way over the value of them. After all THE NEW GM is coving negative equity with some stipulations when you go to trade in your vehicle and you are upside down?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #822
l008com

Realistically, GM probably doesn't care about this right now. They're more concerned about simply EXISTING by the time another recession rolls around. I think the best thing we can do is promote lists like this. Put the word out to avoid above-msrp dealers. I felt like the first dealer I want to was kind of ripping me off, but looking back, it doesn't seem so bad.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #823
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Sorry Merit Chev, Off To The List You Go!

Deleted with apologies to Joe B.

Yet again the GM based websites show their true worth!!!

The extra $700 is based on an Interior/Exterior protection package that has been added post delivery to the dealer.

LabRat

Last edited by LabRat; 06-10-2009 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Another GM based Website Scew-up!!
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #824
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
For those of you getting the shaft from your dealer after pre-ordering the cars, I'd be very blunt with the dealer. Two parties had a commitment, and they broke it. I'd let them know that you will be contacting your State attorney general's office and the BBB for bait and switch sales practices after pre-negotiating a sale. They may not care about GM getting a letter, but a call from the AG's office asking why they're practicing illegal or unethical business may get their attention. Don't worry about ticking of the manager. Chances are he or she won't be there next time you want another car anyway. If all else fails, there are always more dealerships...
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #825
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Country Chevrolet in borger texas has a 1ss black on black for 10,000 over if ya got more money than brains

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #826
l008com

Sadly I have way more brains than I do money :-(