Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Did I mess something up?

Was driving to work in the rain this morning when somthing hit the underside of my car HARD. Noticed something fly out the back onto the road. (Poor Mfer tailgaiting me got it in the grill) I figured it was tread or something so I thought it was no biggie. About 5 seconds later all of my TC, and ST lights come on. (never done that before unless I manually did it by turning the TC, ST off) And the StabiliTrac warning comes on.

I get to the office snap a few pics with my phone and had a client waiting for me so I go into the office. I kinda forgot about it until I just went to the post office and real-estate company we use. I was out about 35 minutes with two stops and maybe 5 miles total. Everything seemed to run normal. No indicator lights or anything.

Any idea what could have caused this? I'm assuming the debree I saw fly from under my car this morning isn't from my car because the warning would still be on.

My advice to myself would be to keep an eye on it and see what happens. But thought maybe someone would have an idea of what could have happened.

Name:  IMG_0709.JPG
Views: 909
Size:  53.3 KBName:  IMG_0710.JPG
Views: 912
Size:  54.2 KB
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Was driving to work in the rain this morning when somthing hit the underside of my car HARD. Noticed something fly out the back onto the road. (Poor Mfer tailgaiting me got it in the grill) I figured it was tread or something so I thought it was no biggie. About 5 seconds later all of my TC, and ST lights come on. (never done that before unless I manually did it by turning the TC, ST off) And the StabiliTrac warning comes on.

I get to the office snap a few pics with my phone and had a client waiting for me so I go into the office. I kinda forgot about it until I just went to the post office and real-estate company we use. I was out about 35 minutes with two stops and maybe 5 miles total. Everything seemed to run normal. No indicator lights or anything.

Any idea what could have caused this? I'm assuming the debree I saw fly from under my car this morning isn't from my car because the warning would still be on.

My advice to myself would be to keep an eye on it and see what happens. But thought maybe someone would have an idea of what could have happened.

Attachment 80151Attachment 80152
It is possible whatever it was jarred something that made the computer think there was a problem , and to reset it it needed a power cycle to occure, turning off the engine and retarting it later probably reset it..

I had a car that I ran over a whole tire in the middle of the interstate It was dark and i couldn't avoid it once I saw it... and it actually launched me like the Dukes of Hazard... A few seconds later I noticed My gas guage peg out... when I got under the car I found that it had pulled the fuel sender wires out of the connector.. i plugged it back in and it worked fine...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Hmmmm, ya I'm figuring that it's something like that. I'm gonna test it out. Launch hard and make the TC engage and see if it works and then turn it off and make sure it can disable manually. Basically just test everything.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
My guess is a wheel speed sensor wire was damaged or ripped out. All those features require the speed sensors so it would make sense.

I had a wheel speed sensor eaten by a squirrel once and the car did the same thing. Fixed the wire and the car was fine. (No my camaro but an older car.)

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
My guess is a wheel speed sensor wire was damaged or ripped out. All those features require the speed sensors so it would make sense.

I had a wheel speed sensor eaten by a squirrel once and the car did the same thing. Fixed the wire and the car was fine. (No my camaro but an older car.)
He would still have the DIC waring about the TC and Stability control if he lost a sensor. He would also have an Antilock brake warning... It wouldn't ignore it, the warning would show up every time he started the car...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
All of that happened to me after my car got off the dyno! Looked identical! I was afraid the dyno ruined my car! :( By the time I got home, all the lights reset...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
All of that happened to me after my car got off the dyno! Looked identical! I was afraid the dyno ruined my car! :( By the time I got home, all the lights reset...
How long ago?

It's been fine since?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #8
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
He would still have the DIC waring about the TC and Stability control if he lost a sensor. He would also have an Antilock brake warning... It wouldn't ignore it, the warning would show up every time he started the car...
I missed that the problem went away. Very strange.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

When I drove my Sky at the Bristol Speedway the traction control overheated my brakes (I could smell them) causing the Stability control warning to come on the DIC and the traction control shut down... It said "Service TSC" and remained on until the next time I started the car.. never had the problem again...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
did you check under your car to make sure everything looked normal?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #11
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Take a look under you car, there could be some damage.
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #12
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
How long ago?

It's been fine since?
Happened 9/16, went away on the way home, never happened again - I haven't had her dynoed since...

Yes, check under the car!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
did you check under your car to make sure everything looked normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Take a look under you car, there could be some damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Happened 9/16, went away on the way home, never happened again - I haven't had her dynoed since...

Yes, check under the car!
Looked for anything my untrained eye could see. Nothing stood out. No fluid leaks or anything.

BTW, I just got back from putting it to the test.

Everything worked the way it should. Oh, ya.

The Stabilitrac worked JUST fine. lmao
Old 12-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Get it on a lift and have a GM mechanic check it out. You may have damaged something critical that will fail when you need it most...like BRAKES.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote