Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 10-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
NHL Lockout

So judging by the other threads in here, hockey isn't one of the more popular sports on C5 but I figured I'd start an NHL Lockout thread anyway. I have seen a few hockey fans here and there, how are you guys dealing with the current lockout? Got any news that you'd like to share? You're also free to as much as you'd like (well, as much as the mods will allow )

ESPN just signed a deal with the KHL to air games on ESPN3, so I might check that out here and there to get my fix. As a Devils fan, it'll be nice seeing Kovy in action. I'm still hoping the NHL and NHLPA can get their acts together and resolve this issue soon, but it's not looking too promising at the moment.

UPDATE: The schedule through Oct. 24 (82 games in total) have been cancelled by the NHL. This doesn't mean that the games themselves have been cancelled, just the schedule. This means that if the NHL and NPA were to come to an agreement soon, they could fit an 82 game season in, similar to the NBA last season.

UPDATE: NHL and NHLPA to meet on 10/16 to negotiate. If a deal isn't made by the end of this week, expect more of the schedule and possible games in general to be canned.

UPDATE: NHL HAS PROPOSED A DEAL TO THE NHLPA. Proposes a 50/50 revenue split and would result in an 82-game season starting on Nov. 2. While I don't know the full details of the deal, I would be surprised if the NHLPA agrees to the deal as is. But I do expect this to at least start negotiations between the two sides and looks to be a great starting point for the two sides to reach a deal. We might be getting closer...

Last edited by radametz; 10-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.
radametz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
I'm not dealing with it very well to be honest. If they don't start playing soon I'm done with the NHL for good.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

Drives: 93 C1500, VR Big Block 70 Camaro RS
it really sucks. i don't see why they couldnt have started negotiations over the summer when they knew the CBA was going to expire!! It is so stupid. Luckily we have a local ECHL hockey team here in Southern Indiana and the season just started so that's how im coping.
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
69Z/28Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
radametz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I'm not dealing with it very well to be honest. If they don't start playing soon I'm done with the NHL for good.

It is really bad. I've been a hockey fan my whole life and it sucks to see them go through this every 7-8 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Z/28Camaro View Post
it really sucks. i don't see why they couldnt have started negotiations over the summer when they knew the CBA was going to expire!! It is so stupid. Luckily we have a local ECHL hockey team here in Southern Indiana and the season just started so that's how im coping.
Yeah, I don't get why they couldn't start negotiations sooner either. They knew this was going to happen, hell we ALL knew it was going to happen, and they didn't start meeting until August/September.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
radametz

UPDATE: NHL HAS PROPOSED A DEAL TO THE NHLPA. Proposes a 50/50 revenue split and would result in an 82-game season starting on Nov. 2. While I don't know the full details of the deal, I would be surprised if the NHLPA agrees to the deal as is. But I do expect this to at least start negotiations between the two sides and looks to be a great starting point for the two sides to reach a deal. We might be getting closer...
Old 10-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
BLACKENEDC5

Drives: Black 2011 2SS non-RS
From what Ive heard, they wanna get everything worked out before the Winter Classic on January 1. When they do get everything resolved, then the problem is going to be getting back the players from thier teams in the different leagues they are plaing in. The players have a choice to play with their current team or come back to the NHL. Most of them will come back with no issues but others I dont know.
BLACKENEDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

hopefully they will accept this proposal because i really want the season to be a full one. and BLACKENEDC5 makes a good point. In your case, Ovi is one of the guys that really may not come back. I hope the majority of them do because 9 Red Wings have signed and I want them all back.
my 1970 Camaro RS. Frame off restoration. 600 HP 454 Naturally Aspirated. GM Performance Heads, Comp Mechanical cam, Weiand Stealth Intake, Holley 750 Carb. Hooker and Flowmaster exhaust system. Victory Red paint, True Rally Sport.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
BLACKENEDC5

Drives: Black 2011 2SS non-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Z/28Camaro View Post
hopefully they will accept this proposal because i really want the season to be a full one. and BLACKENEDC5 makes a good point. In your case, Ovi is one of the guys that really may not come back. I hope the majority of them do because 9 Red Wings have signed and I want them all back.
Yeah the wings most definitely need Datsyuk (IMO the best player actively in the NHL) sickness. About Ovi hes a good presence on the ice, but defenses know how to defend him now. If only he had the handles, and playmaking ability of a Datsyuk!
BLACKENEDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
God I hope they get this done. Then once it's done get rid of bettman.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
I'm so sad:(
Old 10-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
69Z/28Camaro
Red Big Block Camaro

yea I currently hate the NHL and have never liked Bettman, he as GOT to go.

And honestly, while Ovi is a great scorer, he pretty much sucks everywhere else. On great players, Im personally tired of hearing about Sid the skid. He has no defensive abilities which is where Datsyuk excels. Dats can pretty much score at will too.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
FitterMike

Drives: Camaro
NHL players are barely qualified to carry lumber around a job site the need to stop crying and start playing or there precious HRR will stay with the people that have them now, the fans.
Avante Garde F241 20x10 Front 20x11 Rear
Pioneer Stage 4 Sub x2, Pioneer Stage 4 3Way Components, Pioneer PRS 2 Channel ICE Amps x5
Magnuson TVS2300, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab Intake
Follow me on Instagram @flawlessdetailsinc
Tuned and Built by Davenport Motorsports.
FitterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:51 PM   #13
radametz

The 3 proposals submitted by the NHLPA were immediately turned down by the NHL, within 10 minutes of reviewing Granted, the NHL says that the proposals were just reworked proposals from the summer (that were already turned down) but the fact that they only spent 10 minutes reviewing them is pretty disgraceful.

On top of that, the schedule up until Nov. 1 was cancelled today as well. This will still allow for an 82-game season to be played, but I fear that anymore cuts into the schedule will result in a shortened season and the loss of the Winter Classic.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #14
TheGiddinge

Drives: 2010 LT
from Boston everyone is pissed up here about no hockey, since it actually is a very popular sport here, everyday i go on fb and twitter and half the shit is ppl i kno bitching about no hockey. it really really really sucks!!!! the comish and owners suck suck suck suck and sadly our owner has been behind a lot of it, f***ing jacobs
TheGiddinge is offline   Reply With Quote