Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #211
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
No concerns, just a simple question. I was asking if everything needed to complete the install is included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #212
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
No concerns, just a simple question. I was asking if everything needed to complete the install is included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yes, it's the retail box of both as a combo sale. I understand DD-mods is an authorized internet dealer so it's a screaming deal.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #213
vgradio

Drives: ZL1 convertible 2013 Silver Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum View Post
Hallo,

yes, i have connected the amp direct with rca cables. The wire to activate the amp i have connected to the red wire, so the amp will be activated, when i switch the ignition to position accessories.
The kit has included a cmx chime module, that is connected direct to the pac-interface. I have deinstalled my center speaker in the dash, routed the cable for connecting cmx chime module to the center speaker place and then connected the module. All chimes are audible fine, all car sounds will be reproduced and the volume is good, pitches are habituation need, but they are there and distinguishable.
Thank for your reply.
Did you use the RCA cables provided in the kit, or your own ones in parallel?
vgradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:55 PM   #214
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
Does anyone know if the kits offered by Double D Mods included everything that is needed for the install?
you would have to ask them if they steal anything out of the kit.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #215
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
you would have to ask them if they steal anything out of the kit.
HUAHUAHUAHUAHUAHUAH

/REKT
Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:27 PM   #216
kain929

Drives: 2012 2SS, Silver, Borla S Type, CAI
Here are pics of my install. Not bad looking for an amateur.
Attached Images

kain929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #217
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
Kain, what's your opinion of the install difficulty, and the unit as a whole. Is everything working correctly, do you have Satellite radio connected, or a camera? Did you have to buy any additional parts or pieces, sorry for all of the questions, I am still on the fence between this set up and the MyLink conversation. Thanks!
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 08:18 PM   #218
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Which headunit is that from pioneer? How do you like it?

Edit: Nevermind. I see your earlier post stating which unit that is.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #219
kain929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
Kain, what's your opinion of the install difficulty, and the unit as a whole. Is everything working correctly, do you have Satellite radio connected, or a camera? Did you have to buy any additional parts or pieces, sorry for all of the questions, I am still on the fence between this set up and the MyLink conversation. Thanks!
It wasn't actually as bad as I said. Imo the instruction weren't as clear as pac-audio stated they would be. I guess that is my fault due to my lack of patience. everything is working fine with the exception of the hazard switch. You have to push it really hard to turn the hazard lights on and off. I do not have satellite radio anymore. With this Pioneer AVH-x4800BS, I would have to buy a tuner. My backup cam is still in the rear view mirror until I get the gen5diy.com dome harness(moves the view from the mirror to the display screen). The only additional parts I had to buy were the gen5diy harness and a micro bypass so that I can bypass the parking brake feature and play videos while in motion. I haven't tried to change any of the default programming on the kit as of yet. It looks good but it feels like it is cheaply made. Overall, I'm satisfied with the looks and performance of the kit.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:44 PM   #220
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
Kaine Thank you, looking back would you still stay with this unit, or would you recommend the Ofer MyLink? Thanks again.
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #221
kain929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
Kaine Thank you, looking back would you still stay with this unit, or would you recommend the Ofer MyLink? Thanks again.
I may sound green but who is Ofer? Yes I would stay with this unit. My opinion is bias because I didn't have Mylink and I don't know much about them.
Old 10-09-2016, 09:55 PM   #222
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
CONTROLS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kain929 View Post
It wasn't actually as bad as I said. Imo the instruction weren't as clear as pac-audio stated they would be. I guess that is my fault due to my lack of patience. everything is working fine with the exception of the hazard switch. You have to push it really hard to turn the hazard lights on and off. I do not have satellite radio anymore. With this Pioneer AVH-x4800BS, I would have to buy a tuner. My backup cam is still in the rear view mirror until I get the gen5diy.com dome harness(moves the view from the mirror to the display screen). The only additional parts I had to buy were the gen5diy harness and a micro bypass so that I can bypass the parking brake feature and play videos while in motion. I haven't tried to change any of the default programming on the kit as of yet. It looks good but it feels like it is cheaply made. Overall, I'm satisfied with the looks and performance of the kit.
Kain,,did you get the steering wheel contols to work ok? specifically the phone button to make a call? thanks
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #223
kain929

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Kain,,did you get the steering wheel contols to work ok? specifically the phone button to make a call? thanks
Yes, my steering wheel call button worked fine. I pressed it and called my wife from the car via onstar and my galaxy s7.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:01 PM   #224
opossum

Drives: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgradio View Post
Thank for your reply.
Did you use the RCA cables provided in the kit, or your own ones in parallel?
I use my own rca cables, there are no rca cables in the kit for connecting preamp outputs.
I have connected the following rca connectors:
Attached Images

Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler

Last edited by opossum; 10-10-2016 at 06:10 AM.
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote