Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Best, FUNCTIONAL fog lights for '13 1LS

My '13 1LS did not come with fog/driving lights and the headlights (standard halogen) leave a lot to be desired as for lighting up the road. If I adjust them low enough to see the roadway, then the high beams are too low to illuminate more than a few car lengths ahead. If I adjust them so the high beams fall where they should, then the area in front of the car isn't very well lit.

I had installed a set of motorcycle driving lights that helped a little, but they are three-function lights (high, low and strobe) and they went out of sync, so while one is bright, the other is in 'strobe' mode and I really don't feel like messing with them anymore.

So what is a GOOD light to get to light up in front of the car and the sides that will fit in the factory openings?
Old 11-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #2
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Get the headlights properly adjusted back to specs so you aren't aiming at the floor or blinding anyone, fog lights won't really do too much but light up the floor but I just put some OEM DRL housings on mine and wired it to a switch, then got some LED bulbs from diode dynamics.

You can try LED headlights instead of halogens, but otherwise upgrade to the RS headlights if you feel like you can't see. I never had a problem with visibility at night when my non-RS was stock
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote