Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-21-2019, 11:19 AM   #1
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
no sound coming into the car / heater not working either

Hi All,
I have a 2012 Camaro SS that I love! I recently have noticed that the radio will not work, turn signals will work from the outside (along with the 4-ways) but I am getting no audio from inside the cabin. I took it to my local Chevy Dealer (and a few mechanics that I trust) and no one can figure it out. My local Chevy Dealer sucks big time and that would be a whole different thread in general LOL! Anyways - any idea what it may be or how to fix it?

My heater will also not work now and it is going to be very cold in the next few months around here so I gotta get that fixed! They already tried replacing the coolant bottle (did not work) and now they want me to get the heater core replaced. They quoted me roughly $1400! I am super bummed. I actually looked at the new SS and even a ZL1 but the car is paid off and I do not want high payments right now. I want to stick with the SS but need the heat and audio working again!
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
Head unit could be bad, all the controls run through it!
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Who would replace the coolant bottle (radiator overflow/expansion tank?) because the heater doesn't work?
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 02:32 PM   #4
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Who would replace the coolant bottle (radiator overflow/expansion tank?) because the heater doesn't work?
Seriously, fire that idiot! And replacing a heater core would have ZERO effect on the radio/turn signal. They both run through the speakers instead of hearing a loud relay click for the signals.

This sounds more like a body control module issue. Heater may or may not be related

Amps go out in a lot of GMs and cause this problem with the speakers, but wouldn't affect HVAC. Blend doors break in these cars quite frequently though, and that i$ a very $hitty job for any mechanic$ or $tealer$hip$ willing to fix it and that can definitely affect the heat/cooling

Did the heater problem start at exactly the same time? And what exactly does the car do when you try to control heat, blow cold air, warm air, no air at all?
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:38 AM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
The directional and flasher sounds come from the head unit, as does the radio audio. The HVAC is also controlled through the head unit. If all three are not working and the dealer is replacing other parts, your dealer is an idiot who cannot diagnose a modern car.
Rock-It Man is online now   Reply With Quote