Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Droping in to say hello and some questions

Hey guys...some of you may remember me.....I had a Camaro on order, but the Challenger SRT was my first love, but I couldn't afford it. I then got a smoking deal and couldn't turn it down on a Challenger. I am finally seeing some Camaros at the local track....I am very impressed from what I have seen some stock Camaros do. I hope you guys are enjoying your cars as I sure am enjoying mine. I now have a 7.0L "426" stroker...wild cam, 100MM TB, Long tubes, Ram clutch, ported intake, heads....ect

Anyways I am back here doing a little homework, its time to get the wife a car and the 6cyl Challenger isnt really a performance car! I am going to take her to look at the 6cyl Camaros this weekend! I hope we come home with one as I really do like them. How do you 6 cyl guys like your cars? What kind of real worls fuel economy numbers are you seeing? Thanks

Here is a few videos of my chally.....I guess some of you will flame me, but I appreciate muscle cars not just a Dodge, Chevy, or Ford.....I hope most of you feel the same!

Hey big man let me hold a dollar

Last edited by dieseldave24v; 08-06-2010 at 02:42 PM.
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Nice ride! i'd like to see the #'s from teh track n dyno if you have them

both the V6 camaros and mustangs i think are almost par, but i don't pay a lot of attention to the v6 info.

IMO you can't really go wrong with any of the american muscle cars on the market right now, i love them all.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
dieseldave24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Nice ride! i'd like to see the #'s from teh track n dyno if you have them

both the V6 camaros and mustangs i think are almost par, but i don't pay a lot of attention to the v6 info.

IMO you can't really go wrong with any of the american muscle cars on the market right now, i love them all.
I have only had the car with the new engine to the track once and I was running on a email tune! I am getting her on the dyno with a real tuner next weekend. My best run was a 11.86...not really that impressive, but I plan on being below 11.50's once I get it tuned....she is pig rich right now and not running much timing.....You guys have the advantage with the LS3...there are so many good LS3 tuners out there, a good Hemi tuner is few and far between...I have to go out of state!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
dieseldave24v

Those of you with the V-6 Camaros.....How is the reliability? Any major issues? Would you buy one again? Any useful info you can offer please let me know....

My wife loves my car, but if she had something like that or a SS Camaro she would kil herself! She even admits that...lol But I know the V-6 Camaro has some serious pep for a V-6.....I dont care much for most fords so the mustang isnt really a option. Tanks for the help

Old 08-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You won't be getting any "flaming" out of me for buying American Muscle. Hell- if the Challenger SRT-8 would have been closer in pricing to the Camaro I may have bought one of those instead. I thought it would have been cool to have two Hemi's in the garage.
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
dieseldave24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
You won't be getting any "flaming" out of me for buying American Muscle. Hell- if the Challenger SRT-8 would have been closer in pricing to the Camaro I may have bought one of those instead. I thought it would have been cool to have two Hemi's in the garage.
Same with me.....I was going to get a 2ss, but I got my loaded SRT for 38K on employee pricing and 0%....I couldn't turn it down

Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
WOW!!! That's an awesome sound you have there! Sweet ride!

I don't know much about the V6 directly but I assume that body wise it is much like the V8. The 2SS is great and I have had no problems, I assume the 2LT would be the same.

As to the engine, I had basically that engine in a CTS and it is a great engine with amazing performance and millage for a V6. I'm sure the SRT-8 will slaughter it but you knew that. I say go for it.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
MIT'13

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT / RS
Sounds like a nice setup man
Old 08-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #9
dieseldave24v

Thanks guys, I cant wait to get a Camaro in the garage right next to her....should be a killer setup....I like how GM made the Camaro Lt still a sports car....for so long Camaros and Mustangs offered a 6 cyl that was such junk!

Old 08-06-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
04Ram2500Hemi

Drives: 04 Ram 2500 & 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
Same with me.....I was going to get a 2ss, but I got my loaded SRT for 38K on employee pricing and 0%....I couldn't turn it down
You got an SRT-8 for 38K? That's a good deal man! The best I've seen so far is 45K- which is why I bought my Camaro. I love the Challenger SRT-8, but not $10,000 more!
04Ram2500Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #11
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
Thanks guys, I cant wait to get a Camaro in the garage right next to her....should be a killer setup....I like how GM made the Camaro Lt still a sports car....for so long Camaros and Mustangs offered a 6 cyl that was such junk!
Ranked from best to worst (for V6 models)

1. Camaro
2. Mustang
3. Challenger

I own a 2LT Camaro and have driven the new 2011 Mustang. The engine on the Mustang feels anemic compared to the Camaro. I personally think the interior of the Camaro is much nicer as well. The Mustang does have far superior handling though.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Nothing wrong with the Challenger stying, just that rediculously underpowerd 6 they put in it, and the granny suspension on the 6.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #13
dieseldave24v

Thanks for the compliments guys. Good to know the muscle car community is still alive. It's a great time to have a muscle car. Next year is going to be great with the 6.4 SRT and the Z28. No matter what side o the fence our on you have to respectthe other guys car. Long live the war between the big three!!! Going to the dealer in the morning to look at a few LT Camaros.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
FYI, the 2011 Challenger SE is getting a new V6 with 300 HP and 290 Ft lb which will put it slightly slower than the Camaro (the V6 Challenger is only around 3700 lbs)
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote