Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #43
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheller315 View Post
I am now on my 2nd Camaro since November. I bought the 1st one and noticed on the test drive that the XM was super glitchy. I thought it was just a fluke and would resolved. About 3 weeks into owning this car I noticed a red onstar light that would come on the mirror and then fade away. I was also having lots of blue tooth issues, blower motor indicator issues and the XM display would stay on one song. This was super annoying especially since the heads up display would change from the "stuck" song to the correct one and back again every 15 seconds. I had the car in the shop 5x from Christmas to March 1st. After that I was done. I was going to Lemon Law it, but the dealer worked out a trade to another 2013 Camaro (same color and all). I was super excited since what are the odds of there being 2 with the same issues. Well, there are 2 with the same issues. I took the 2nd one in the have the XM reception issues looked at. Instead of doing that the dealer focused on the onstar light. Trip 2 they finally address the XM issues. Trip 3 they replaced the antenna proving the metallic paint is an issue. Since I wanted the painted antenna they put in a "tester" antenna. Since this time I now have all kinds of problems. The onstar light is still an issue, the blower motor indicator doesn't always work, the heated seats will turn off on their own, and the XM will change to the preview station. I am so unhappy in this car. If I ever get out of this one I will never buy GM again. This is by far the worst car to own. It looks great and runs great, but there is nothing else positive to say about it.
Oh no!

Sincerest apologies for the concerns you have expressed with your Camaro. It is our first priority to repair your vehicle and get it operating as designed. I would like to investigate this matter for you. Please private message me as there may be some options we can explore in this case.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #44
Dupree878

Drives: '13 Dusk Edition 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheller315 View Post
I noticed a red onstar light that would come on the mirror and then fade away. I was also having lots of blue tooth issue....The onstar light is still an issue, the blower motor indicator doesn't always work...and the XM will change to the preview station.:
Same things here. More and more problems. I've reset to factory settings a few times when XM kept going to preview and wouldn't display correct song to fix it, but constantly having to tell the radio to connect back to Bluetooth and now many times Bluetooth song info isn't being displayed. Problems are still persisting after MyLink firmware upgrade and iPhone update.

There's a thread here where an OnStar rep says the mirror should be replaced for the light, but my dealer doesn't seem to believe me.

Also now having issues where the volume won't change when you twist the knob without a big delay.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #45
micheller315

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS
My mirror was changed in the old car and the new one. I'm noticing that the light will stay off for about 3 weeks and then return. Once it returns it will come on multiple times every day. In the first car I could pin point the locations it would come on, but not so much with the newest car. I am so tired of being at the dealer every week or 2. This is not what I signed up for when I bought a $35K car with 16 miles on it. (Twice) When the dealer bought my first car back they had it in the shop for over a month trying to fix it. I think they have sold it again and I'm sure it's not right. That car also had navigation issues. When you would speak the address it would just exit out so you had to type it in. They did a software upgrade that seemed to trigger even more issues. Even after it was "fixed" it never would say what side of the road the destination was on.
micheller315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #46
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
mine has the red light for onstar trouble off and on all the time.
basically just ignore it now.

doesn't seem to be causing any other strangeness.

stereo has to go though.. hate it..
sounds like crap and tons of issues.
I will never ever buy a "premium system" from GM again.
apparently my idea and your idea of premium are vastly different.

Ford's JBL system kicks the living crap out of this.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #47
micheller315

DuskSS,
I have to agree with you. I bought a 2012 Ford F250 Ult. Lariat a couple of weeks before my first Camaro and it has no issues. The only time it's been to the dealer is for the 1st oil change. The fords have Sirus and it gets perfect reception. I know Sirus and XM work of different satellites but the Camaro reception is a joke. I can drive south and get reception, but turn around and go north on the same road and loose it for 1/4-1/2 mile. The voice recognition is also horrible. I never use it since it just makes me mad. Chevy is way out of their league when it comes to technology. They should leave it to Ford.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #48
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLemieux View Post
2013 mylink recall. Just a program update. Mine was done last week. Took about 90min.
Any noticeable changes like, for example, guidelines in the backup cam window?
benji1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #49
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
The only problem I've actually had with mylink is sometime the info displays on the HUD, sometimes not, it so random. Not that worried about it.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
I'm experiencing this problem now...sometimes it displays, sometimes not.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #50
CyberPunk223
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 LS Camaro
anything this complex is going to have software bugs that will need to be fixed with updates, look at how many software updates the iphone & all your aps have to constantly get. not sure about the XM/onstar reception, is it true that is some parts of the country there just isn't good reception? everyone loses it in the city and behind mountains. I also here that the gps satellites are not being maintained like they should, as much of the other infrastructure of the country is not being maintained, since the USA is a nation in rapid decline, now 2nd world soon to be third world expect the problems to get worse, infact atleast 2 days a week now even my garmin does not get satellite reception and i'm on the east coast. anyone who doubts the USA is a 2nd world country now, look around, at Detroit, Baltimore, NYC, any large city, look at the infrastructure in your local town, much of it is over 100 years old. Washington DC cant even keep the metro train on the tracks half the time, most the nuclear power plants are leaking readiation, oil wells/pipes are constantly exploding, along with sewer pipes, government spends massive amounts of money on their polished palaces, schools and their fortresses and their scary looking weapons to maintain the illusion of a healthy, first world but that is far, far from the reality on main street.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...nt-leaks_n.htm

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...infrastructure

hears what the US govt calls good flood control

Last edited by CyberPunk223; 05-13-2013 at 08:44 PM.
CyberPunk223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #51
micheller315

HUD glitch

Mine Does This Too. Try Changing The Station On The Radio. 8 Out Of 10 Times That Will Correct It. I Have Noticed That It Seems To Depend On Where In The Start Up It Is When I Shift Into Gear. Make Sure You Change From The Radio, Not The Wheel.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #52
Jman

Drives: 2013 Camaro V6 2LT
I, actually, really like the mylink. I did not do the Panasonic update, yet. Only issue I have noticed is that it doesn't recognize my USB about 50% of the time on start-up. I formatted it in fat-32. It is a Sandisk 16GB. All the music on it is in mp3 with only the artist and song title on the audio tags. Not sure if it has a hard time reading 4 GB of music on boot up, or what. It is easily fixed by just unplugging it and plugging it back in ( a minor inconvenience).
Jman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #53
benji1997

This morning I started the car and the HUD glitch mysteriously disappeared.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #54
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
This morning I started the car and the HUD glitch mysteriously disappeared.
It comes and goes.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 05-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #55
benji1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
It comes and goes.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
I think it was a devine miracle like last night's Bruins OT win.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #56
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji1997 View Post
I think it was a devine miracle like last night's Bruins OT win.