Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-18-2014, 03:09 AM   #239
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
They pack a lot of crap under the wraps to throw people off. Based on that I'm thinking this is going to be a smaller more "sporty" less "muscle" evolution from the current model. Meaning more modern less retro. Just my 2 pennies
That's exactly what I'm thinking also and exactly what I don't want. I was hoping they'd go more muscle/retro but I've always had a feeling they were going in the other direction. Oh well. I've been thinking about just getting a classic and having the real deal anyways.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:33 AM   #240
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
FWIW

I met a GM marketing exec at Camaro SuperFest over the 4th who claimed to have seen it. He said,

"At the risk of getting fired, all I can say is, if you like the Gen5, you'll like the Gen6."
Old 07-18-2014, 03:37 AM   #241
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator333 View Post
That's exactly what I'm thinking also and exactly what I don't want. I was hoping they'd go more muscle/retro but I've always had a feeling they were going in the other direction. Oh well. I've been thinking about just getting a classic and having the real deal anyways.
Compared to all other gens the 5th gen already is kinda bulky. I think its a good idea to make the 6th gen a bit leaner (which is also more practial for the small roads and parking spots in european contries) including loosing some weigth
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #242
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
you aren't going to be able to discern much from any of these photos. As someone said the car has padding out the wazoo under the camo wrap and it distorts several key features. I CAN TELL that whoever said "fastback" or "hatchback" is onto something. Perspective wise the rear window is at the wrong angle - they have bolstered the area where the roof meets the rear window to give the illusion that its shape is thus: /

instead the rear window is a lot flatter (lays more flat). Whether this is indicative of a hatchback or anything like the vette remains to be seen. The malibu next to the car in the photos does have a flat rear window (as does the Nissan Altima) and it still has a deck in the back and isnt a hatchback.

So we'll just have to wait and see. the car - in several shots - is LARGER in front than in back, which is abnormal for perspective to happen that way - usually when looking up the car from behind the car will appear the same front to back, and looking down the car (from the front) the car will appear smaller in front and larger in back (the 5th gen does this in pics).

That being said, I wonder if they crammed on a 2014 5th gen front end to fool all of us and are just running it through its paces, and the overall look will be something similar to the aforementioned concept designs that have surfaced. I do not think this will be anything near the bad "concept 130r" render that Car & Driver (verification) did in their mag, Chevy has begun to get rid of the large split grill in favor of a more retro finned grill (see the current Malibu / Traverse for what I'm talking about) and going forward they wouldnt look behind to get styling (remember this car isn't released yet).

I would be surprised to see them use an old style on a new car.

Exciting though, to see how this evolves and if GM will slowly reveal the car like they did in the past or not.

Hang tight everyone, its about to get bumpy!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #243
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
That's a CNG Impala...
Old 07-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #244
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Looks like the old one of what can be seen. I was hoping for a larger departure from that.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:55 AM   #245
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Looks like the old one of what can be seen. I was hoping for a larger departure from that.
Remember taillightgate
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #246
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
So basically this tells us there is going to be a 6th gen and not much else

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #247
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
OK, now I want to see the convertible.
EXACTLY! I hope they make this one with a roof like the C7 Stingray. One that you can put up/down when going 30mph or less and the roof sits on TOP of the rear deck. that will eliminate the need for the drainage bags & associated problems. It would also store the roof under the rear deck lid - NO MORE TONNEAU COVER!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #248
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
GM is having some fun here. That thing is about as padded as it gets.
The front end is padded as much as a Freshman girl getting ready for the senior prom. The front and rear are indistinguishable but my eye is drawn to how flat the rear glass is and the masking of the rear side windows.

They are trying to fake a G5 shape. My first thought was are they (can they) fake the side windows? If not, it's the concept profile shown in photos on page 9. If so,Kudos to Chevy for not playing it safe with retro evolution like the Mustang

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 07-18-2014 at 07:43 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #249
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I hope they gave it more HP and reduced some weight. If not, they may be in for a sales challenge from Dodge with the Hellcat!
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #250
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Regardless this is exciting and just means we will finally start getting some real info on it. Congrats to GM on keeping this thing so secret for so long. I will be in the market next summer for another Camaro so by then I will hopefully be able to make a decision which gen I want. Here's to hoping used gen 5's drop in price too.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #251
Danimal

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Camaro Gen 6 First Thoughts

Smaller platform? Its going to lose its muscle car nostalgia...

Based upon the current 2020 CAFE requirements and all the as$holes that don't buy American made cars, I can see GM having designed the GEN 6 as a hybrid of American Muscle meets a German designed 4 Series. All you have to do is look at the front and rear ends of the 2014 Camaro to see where they're headed... squeezing them down to look Eurasian.

Sure glad I got my 2012 when I did...
Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #252
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Anyone care to guess the length?
Well I had a little free time last night.. This was very crude until I actually have some time. But I was using Car & Drivers "estimated" wheel base length that they calculated based off of the Impala that was next to it.

Wheelbase: 109.32" vs 112.3" of the 5th gen.
Overall length: 186.88" vs 190.4" of the 5th gen.
Length of door: 54.97" vs 56.5" of the 5th gen.

When I have a little more time I'll redo the measurements using the wheels as a scale. Assuming they are 20's.

Name:  6thgencamaro.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  361.3 KB
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation