Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-27-2011, 06:01 PM   #29
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM Transmissions View Post
I will get you a price tomorrow.... The good thing is I keep a full faceplated set-up on the shelf at all times to speed things along.
Thankyou sir
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #30
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
RPM...Could you show/explain the benifets/drawbacks of faceplateing??
+1
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #31
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by acowherd View Post
RPM...Could you show/explain the benifets/drawbacks of faceplateing??
Makes it to where you can shift the trans much faster. The syncros in a normal street transmission help to match the speed of the next gear when you shift. This takes time and at higher RPM it can make it impossible to shift quickly. The faceplate engagement forces the next gear to the same speed almost instantly and works very well at high RPM.

The draw back in a street car is you have to learn how to shift differently during normal street driving. RPM matching to downshift is important as well. If not driven properly the trans will make quite a bit of noise when shifted.

Here is a vid I found from PPG which explains a bit on how to drive one on the street. This vid makes it seem like it would be good for everyone so take it with a grain of salt lol. Steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=n_1jO64tuQA

I'm sure RPM can chime in with a more technical explanation than mine. Just figured I would share a quick one here because it will take a bit of searching and reading to find out about it.
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:34 AM   #32
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Quote:

Here are just a few pics taken during assembly of the transmission that is in LPE's Camaro. This unit was built with a custom gear set (stock ratios) after a couple failures of the stock gear sets. The unit is faceplated and is on revision #3 to get the back-cut just perfect for WOT shifts with timing retard only. Pretty nice piece but expensive.....
Great I thought I was almost done modding my car and then...
Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #33
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Hey Calbert, not trying to jack the thread - but thought it might interest you and fit right into your interest. Plus RPM or others might have some input. I can start another thread if needed. I ordered the Lingenfelter LNC-003 and was going to try using one stage for a clutch triggered adjustable torque cut for 1/4 mile shifts (via spark cut). Sounds like some of the LS1 guys have had some success with this. I also thought it might be great insurance for the tranny and make shifts more repeatable. Kinda wondered if any 5th Gen were doing this.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 12-04-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #34
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Hey Calbert, not trying to jack the thread - but thought it might interest you and fit right into your interest. Plus RPM or others might have some input. I can start another thread if needed. I ordered the Lingenfelter LNC-003 and was going to try using one stage for a clutch triggered adjustable torque cut for 1/4 mile shifts (via spark cut). Sounds like some of the LS1 guys have had some success with this. I also thought it might be great insurance for the tranny and make shifts more repeatable. Kinda wondered if any 5th Gen were doing this.
Thanks, I'll look it up. If you start a separate thread make sure you let me know about it.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #35
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Anyone hear of FB Performance Transmissions?

These guys look like they have a little something for every vehicle brand and all types of applications, some of their tranny builds support 1600-2700 tq/hp.

http://www.fbperformance.com/viewFAQ...nsmissionID=58

And, pricing doesn't seem to be all that bad at all.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:43 PM   #36
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:

Here are just a few pics taken during assembly of the transmission that is in LPE's Camaro. This unit was built with a custom gear set (stock ratios) after a couple failures of the stock gear sets. The unit is faceplated and is on revision #3 to get the back-cut just perfect for WOT shifts with timing retard only. Pretty nice piece but expensive.....
What is this unit M6 / Auto / TR6060 rebuild / 4L80E?
TQ / HP capacity?

Do you have packages? I have a M6 TR6060, what are the options, price points for a re-build that will hold 1000+hp.? Send me PM if you like.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #37
RPM Transmissions

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
What is this unit M6 / Auto / TR6060 rebuild / 4L80E?
TQ / HP capacity?

Do you have packages? I have a M6 TR6060, what are the options, price points for a re-build that will hold 1000+hp.? Send me PM if you like.
Pictured is the TR6060 we build for Lingenfelters black 2010 Camaro LS9 drag car. It is using a gearset engineered by LPE, RPM Transmissions and Liberty's Transmission and Gear. We can have one built for anyone interested. This gearset is a very expensive 100% custom setup. It will handle well over 1000rwhp.

We have many different packages from a basic refresh to an all out custom gearset like above.

Here is a link to our website with our different level builds.
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/gen5camaro.html

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
RPM Transmissions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #38
RPM Transmissions

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Mind shooting me a PM on the price to Faceplate my stock gearset? I am sitting down.

Thanks
PM'd with pricing. I also added info on how the trans works and drives. But by your previous post you fully understand how they work. Let me know if you have any other questiions. Thanks!
RPM Transmissions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #39
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
Quote:

We have many different packages from a basic refresh to an all out custom gearset like above.

Here is a link to our website with our different level builds.
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/gen5camaro.html

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
I saw in another thread that the blocking rings were updated to carbon from GM....will this come standard in you all levels or are they still gonna be +$550? Thanks and not meaning to thread jack
Old 12-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #40
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
PM'd with pricing. I also added info on how the trans works and drives. But by your previous post you fully understand how they work. Let me know if you have any other questiions. Thanks!
Could you send me a pm with the same info... After watching the video above, taken with a grain of salt as was recommended, I am very interested...

Thanks

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #41
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
RPM is awesome no doubt about it.

I was at PRI this last week and Rockland Standard Gear has some cool options for a TR6060

and they've got an SFI approved bellhousing.

Their website doesn't seem to have it on there. But they had it on display at PRI.

having said that, supporting one of our vendors like RPM will get you where you want to go.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #42
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
RPM is awesome no doubt about it.

I was at PRI this last week and Rockland Standard Gear has some cool options for a TR6060

and they've got an SFI approved bellhousing.

Their website doesn't seem to have it on there. But they had it on display at PRI.

having said that, supporting one of our vendors like RPM will get you where you want to go.
Between what you told me and seeing this information and doing a lil research I'm uhm.... yeah, way interested...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote